Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 11:20

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Shaiya Custom Map Music

Discussion on Shaiya Custom Map Music within the Shaiya PServer Development forum part of the Shaiya Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Shaiya Custom Map Music

Hello Shaiya Community.

Today I come to you with an inquiry about Custom Map Music.

Im aware of how to edit music files that already exist to map them to certain screens and maps.

My question is, is there a place that shows which music file each map uses that would allow me to input my own mp3 files without replacing existing ones?

Example: Currently there is no music in AH. Lets say I wanted to map a music file to AH. Where exactly would I go to see what (if any) music file is linked to this map, and if there is no music file currently linked to it, how do I link a file to the map?

As always, your assistance is always appreciated.

- [OWNER-天體]Seraphim
Old 11/18/2013, 07:23   #2

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 5,451
There's no music file linked to Map 42.

For your information(and everyone else's), the music files are linked to a map inside the respective .wld file.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 11/18/2013, 19:56   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubness View Post
There's no music file linked to Map 42.

For your information(and everyone else's), the music files are linked to a map inside the respective .wld file.
Nope, have done so there is a music background, have changed it, made mine into a bar music.
It's possible to change. So if you wanna try to correct me i will show how i did it, found it.
Old 11/18/2013, 20:08   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight360 View Post
Nope, have done so there is a music background, have changed it, made mine into a bar music.

It's possible to change. So if you wanna try to correct me i will show how i did it, found it.
There are particular sound files linked to certain actions. The question of this thread is referring to maps. Map 42 has no sound files linked to it.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 11/18/2013, 20:44   #5

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 5,709
Arrow Shaiya PServer Development -> Shaiya Private Server

#moved
Old 11/18/2013, 21:29   #6

Quote:
There are particular sound files linked to certain actions. The question of this thread is referring to maps. Map 42 has no sound files linked to it.
Wrong my friend it does, if you want to see it changed i can send the music file it uses. Then you can change it for yourself then test in game, you will find out i am right
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/19/2013, 01:58   #7

Quote:
Wrong my friend it does, if you want to see it changed i can send the music file it uses. Then you can change it for yourself then test in game, you will find out i am right
Twilight, I speak for the Shiaya Community when I say that sharing of this knowledge and possibly a small tutorial would be greatly appreciated.

The only way I've been able to change music for different maps is by experimenting to see which maps are linked to which music files. I've been looking for a more efficient way to do so for a while now.

To summarize, my questions to you are:

1) What is the name of the music file linked to the AH?

2) Also, what program do you use primarily to edit .wld files?

Thank you in advance.

- [OWNER-天體]Seraphim
Old 11/19/2013, 02:56   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linebacker59Z View Post
Twilight, I speak for the Shiaya Community when I say that sharing of this knowledge and possibly a small tutorial would be greatly appreciated.

The only way I've been able to change music for different maps is by experimenting to see which maps are linked to which music files. I've been looking for a more efficient way to do so for a while now.

To summarize, my questions to you are:

1) What is the name of the music file linked to the AH?

2) Also, what program do you use primarily to edit .wld files?

Thank you in advance.

- [OWNER-天體]Seraphim
Sure i will post every music wav for each map, i have my own tools that are coded by my coder for the tools of mine. Tools i am not sharing.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/19/2013, 10:32   #9

Again, I'm not the person to say something totally false and continuously insisting on the wrong information. Open 42.wld in Hex and you'll see that there is no .wav file linked to it. If you're talking about a certain version of the map, such as the Christmas one, yes, there is a sound file linked to it, which is the Christmas carol.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 11/19/2013, 19:58   #10

Quote:
Again, I'm not the person to say something totally false and continuously insisting on the wrong information. Open 42.wld in Hex and you'll see that there is no .wav file linked to it. If you're talking about a certain version of the map, such as the Christmas one, yes, there is a sound file linked to it, which is the Christmas carol.
Nubness if your smart you would use your brain.exe it's a background sound not a full music based as other maps use, i found it funny you argue with me about this knowing i have found the change on it, you still like arguing with me about it lol.

Quote:
Nubness if your smart you would use your brain.exe it's a background sound not a full music based as other maps use, i found it funny you argue with me about this knowing i have found the change on it, you still like arguing with me about it lol.
Use amb_light.wav change the file it will change the music for the auction house.
Quote " Not all wld files contain the music automatically, some examples are the new maps if you use a ep5 game.exe it will play automatically yet it's a episode 5 game.exe which yet again some do not contain the music files in the wld.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 11/20/2013, 04:49   #11

Quote:

Use amb_light.wav change the file it will change the music for the auction house.
Quote " Not all wld files contain the music automatically, some examples are the new maps if you use a ep5 game.exe it will play automatically yet it's a episode 5 game.exe which yet again some do not contain the music files in the wld.
Thanks Twilight. I realize you and Nubness are going back and forth, but I appreciate the file identification.

Is it possible to post the names of each music file/linked map here or in another thread, as you stated above that you would do?

As always, thank you in advance.

- [OWNER-天體]Seraphim
Old 11/20/2013, 05:35   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linebacker59Z View Post
Thanks Twilight. I realize you and Nubness are going back and forth, but I appreciate the file identification.

Is it possible to post the names of each music file/linked map here or in another thread, as you stated above that you would do?

As always, thank you in advance.

- [OWNER-天體]Seraphim
Yeah i am working on the list right now so i will post each music background wav for every map, also for when battle begins, ends.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/09/2013, 16:03   #13

I have changed the amb_fury.wav and the amb_light.wav file, to no avail.

My AH still has no music. I have checked if the extensions are correct, and I have turned up my sound to allow other Shaiya sounds to be heard, and I have also reset through portals into AH.

Please advise.

- [OWNER-天體]Seraphim
Old 12/10/2013, 00:24   #14

If you use 'custom' music, be sure to save it with the same format/samplerate/channels as the original. Otherwise it 'might' not work sometimes.
e.g.: 22050khz 16bit mono (some files are stereo)

I've used some custom sounds for some bosses time ago and they didn't play if they weren't in the right format.
Old 12/10/2013, 21:42   #15

I can use 44100 mono on mine, makes the file size a bit big though if you're using a longer audio file. Always save or export them as .wav though as the game.exe will not play .mp3's...already tried sadly. Full conversion would have taken like 400MB off of the size of my client.

Tags
custom music, shaiya music, shaiya pserver