Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server > Shaiya PServer Development
You last visited: Today at 15:58

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[ServicE] Shaiya P-Server visual edit

Discussion on [ServicE] Shaiya P-Server visual edit within the Shaiya PServer Development forum part of the Shaiya Private Server category.

Old 06/11/2012, 10:34   #31

elite*gold: 0
Kudos to you Hybrid . I have recolored gear before and it is a time consuming process . To recolor one level of gear requires that you color both the male and female pieces which is 10 pieces per class multiplied by at least 6 classes which is a total of 60 edits . And that takes time . We have all made the newby mistakes of making the gear look too " plastic-y" and too brite or too colorful . And your edits WILL get better Hybrid , of that I have faith in.
You offer a service that many new pserver admins would not have the time to do in making a new server. Most admins that I know have had to outsource to talented and hard working people like yourself.
Keep improving and keep the faith and don't let the haters get you down !
As far are where to post your services , Of that I am not to sure about , maybe this forum category was the best place to start , as this is a product that does apply to pserver development or pserver developers.
As for those that feel these should be free , you edit 60 pieces to a customer's preferences , do it well , and then see if you want to part with it for free .
I highly doubt it.

To quote Johnny Blaze from the Fantastic Four : " Flame On!"

ROFL

edit : @ Linxis , if you have nothing nice or constructive to say to the creator of this thread , then please troll elsewhere . This kid is trying , and your not very supportive with these comments : "I pity the fool who payed you ", and "not only are your services not worth the buy"

Of course , all this came after you prefaced your insults with " First off, not to bash..."
That is like saying , " Not to insult you , but your ugly and your mother dresses you funny.."

Wow is all I can say.
I await your well-thought out response , in a PM ofc , because you wouldn't dare go off topic in a thread to flame , now would you?
Thanks
7 Users
Old 06/11/2012, 20:05   #32

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 2,625
nice and supporting words rob i can totaly agree with u!
Old 06/19/2012, 17:41   #33

Received Thanks: 1,407
# Bump
Old 06/19/2012, 21:10   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robranger714 View Post
edit : @ Linxis , if you have nothing nice or constructive to say to the creator of this thread , then please troll elsewhere . This kid is trying , and your not very supportive with these comments : "I pity the fool who payed you ", and "not only are your services not worth the buy"

Of course , all this came after you prefaced your insults with " First off, not to bash..."
That is like saying , " Not to insult you , but your ugly and your mother dresses you funny.."

Wow is all I can say.
I await your well-thought out response , in a PM ofc , because you wouldn't dare go off topic in a thread to flame , now would you?
It would be ludicrous of you to think that talking about Hybrid in such manners is not censorious. With every post of mine my ambition is to give the directed user helpful feedback. If you get the impression to think that my words are of enmity then let that be your own dilemma. I as well as many others came here to administer constructive feedback. You need to realize that assessment can hve varying results because that is the whole point of feedback itself. Though i can agree that my words were a bit too harsh, in no such way could they have offended a user with enough bravery to post his own creations in a Development Section. If i have i do apologize yet i regret to inform you how childish it is of you to be scarred by such petite feedback.

But in fact in an apology you could smell the very essence of my defeat. In which no man can accept. I agree with you that Hybrid is just starting out, that he does need time, and that he will get better. Of neglecting that i said nothing of. But at his current point of performance I feel that any one or even many has the same level of progress as him. Which is why I would pity someone to spend good money on something they can do themselves.

When i assert the fact that im trying to do no harm i intend it to be exactly that. The whole point of it is to show him that it is not a personal disliking rather than a professional disliking, in which it is. Your hatred towards me for it comes from what follows in those sentences which are cruel words yet my opinion is if you "sugar coat" it the user will never have a good grasp on where he needs help. Now to think that i would judge someones work with out having tried it myself is preposterous. I have a graphical designing GED showing that i have practice in this theme of work. I was in no way trying to decimate the user and everyone knows that, though your over exaggerating and acting like a child about this.

Hybrid i wish you the best of luck but my words still remain and are very clear that i feel you need to improve.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 06/19/2012, 22:28   #35

Received Thanks: 1,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robranger714 View Post
You offer a service that many new pserver admins would not have the time to do in making a new server. Most admins that I know have had to outsource to talented and hard working people like yourself.

Wow is all I can say.
A: I will start off by saying any true admin that doesn't have time to edit gears and all because they are too busy running a server is just an idiot. I say that now. It means that did not think ahead when developing their server and I must say most servers now days are rushed and poorly developed. Hows that for insult? It's purely truth if you look around.
Editing gears is far easier than it sounds. Yes it takes time, yet time is what you want when creating something that looks good. It's clear when people rush texture edits as well as when one just has no idea what they are doing. Yet just a simple google of some games armors like "Guild Wars 2 armor concepts" will get you a pretty good idea of what color combinations work and look good.

B: He was not truly insulting. He was being honest with his own opinion. If you read a lot of my past posts I do the same. I don't sugar coat anything I say. Never will. Why should I? If someone does a crappy job at something it's only fair to say that's a crappy job. Do better and take your time. It's not only saying hey you fucked up. Yet also pointing out that they need to work harder and take more time on things. For example when I did my texture edits. I made the grass extremely green u.u...it looked bad. People even said so. So I took my time and made it look a lot better and more natural.
Look at it this way: The worst types of insults should inspire you to do better than a sugar coated "hey please do better" type of talk.
Life is rough. You can see that by turning on any news channel and watching for 5 minutes or less. Just need to think of it as one huge learning experience and say ok yea that was mean, yet they inspired me to do better. That's how I take things o.o...ok enough of my repeating post.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 06/20/2012, 09:26   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Admin]Snuggle View Post
A: I will start off by saying any true admin that doesn't have time to edit gears and all because they are too busy running a server is just an idiot. I say that now. It means that did not think ahead when developing their server and I must say most servers now days are rushed and poorly developed. Hows that for insult? It's purely truth if you look around.
Editing gears is far easier than it sounds. Yes it takes time, yet time is what you want when creating something that looks good. It's clear when people rush texture edits as well as when one just has no idea what they are doing. Yet just a simple google of some games armors like "Guild Wars 2 armor concepts" will get you a pretty good idea of what color combinations work and look good.

B: He was not truly insulting. He was being honest with his own opinion. If you read a lot of my past posts I do the same. I don't sugar coat anything I say. Never will. Why should I? If someone does a crappy job at something it's only fair to say that's a crappy job. Do better and take your time. It's not only saying hey you fucked up. Yet also pointing out that they need to work harder and take more time on things. For example when I did my texture edits. I made the grass extremely green u.u...it looked bad. People even said so. So I took my time and made it look a lot better and more natural.
Look at it this way: The worst types of insults should inspire you to do better than a sugar coated "hey please do better" type of talk.
Life is rough. You can see that by turning on any news channel and watching for 5 minutes or less. Just need to think of it as one huge learning experience and say ok yea that was mean, yet they inspired me to do better. That's how I take things o.o...ok enough of my repeating post.
I'm not using any *armor concept*. They simply come in my head and I draw em
Old 06/20/2012, 15:38   #37

Received Thanks: 1,066
I never said you used an armor concept. I'm saying that because people think it's so hard to create something that looks nice and the fact that others tend to make these ugly rainbow armors, they need to see what a good looking armor texture looks like first. Then get ideas of what colors go well together. Like Linxis said they don't understand how the color wheel works. It's very clear most people don't. I wasn't directing that part of the post at anyone in general. It was to anyone that thinks "not anyone can create custom textures" because honestly anyone can if they just take the time to do so.
I personally look up concepts of random things to get ideas of what to make as of textures if I ever do something that involves that. So just saying it's not a bad idea to look to outside sources for ideas. Was a simple suggestion to improve upon ones work. Even the greatest of artists need improvement somehow
Thanks
3 Users
Old 06/28/2012, 21:45   #38

All asked for em...so .. Im working on 1-15gears.. I will post ScreenShots with them when they are done
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/29/2012, 20:31   #39

interfaces look good and on the 15ner gear the only one i liked somehow was the female ranger/archer
Old 06/29/2012, 22:22   #40

Ya.the male f/d looks like SuperMan xD
Old 07/07/2012, 18:18   #41

# added make up section
Old 07/08/2012, 10:23   #42

first one looks nice 3rd one wont be rly usefull if u have gear on. and the second one looks so normal.
Old 07/08/2012, 15:15   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear94 View Post
first one looks nice 3rd one wont be rly usefull if u have gear on. and the second one looks so normal.
second one, I just changed the hair, so u can see the make up..I didn't recolor the second hair
:P
Old 07/09/2012, 10:40   #44

i know lol
Old 07/10/2012, 09:01   #45

I have honestly seen better gear edits that have been released for free here, on epvpers ()

I'm not trying to hate on you, but you're selling services that anybody could do, and honestly, the gears are not that good, however, they're not bad either.

I somehow agree with Snuggle. A real admin wont give a **** about re-colored gears, (s)he would focus more on the server's development.

Gears should be implemented before the server comes out and when you are somewhat done with the coding / editing, etc.

Keep on trying though, but take my advice, if you really wanna see a good, successful server out there, where you have fun and stuff, give those releases for free, without wasting people's money that could be spent on the important server's stuff.

Keep up the good work.

(Sry if i dont make sense, not on my 5 senses)