Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 05:09

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Shaiya Purity : Reflection

Discussion on Shaiya Purity : Reflection within the Shaiya PServer Advertising forum part of the Shaiya Private Server category.

Closed Thread

Old 03/22/2012, 05:16   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by boktai2 View Post
This server is too much like OS. Huge time/money sink, I give it two months then it'll be closed.
Did you read anything about this server other than the rates?

Btw, the "money sink", unless ofc you meant gold, tells me that you never even logged into the server...or any of my servers, for that matter.. You could at least sample a server before making assumptions.

And while I will not pretend to be a prophet and predict the future of the server, I can be realistic about it. Either it works out or it doesnt. The server may last 2 weeks, 2 months, or 2 years. Who knows? Not I, and definitely not somebody who didnt even give the server a chance.

Im not replying to your response in an attempt to justify anything with the server, but to merely make a point. Responses such as your are nothing more than trolling bs spam without any actual evidence of game play, specifics of your time there, or even a character name.

There is a difference between reviewing a server, a single sentence review at that, and actually taking the time to have a clue.
Old 03/22/2012, 05:58   #17

The server is great, im already 52 UM n its not even been a week yet! great community already and helpful players. i highly recommend this server. i like the lower rates, makes u feel like u accomplished something, its way too easy on high rate servers. Love the EP4! XD
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/22/2012, 06:21   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by boktai2 View Post
This server is too much like OS. Huge time/money sink, I give it two months then it'll be closed.
This is just so far off the mark.

That aside; I play on this server and played on the first purity. I liked the first and I like this one as well.

Today while playing I gathered a perfect party in lan. We lvled, we farmed, we laughed, and most of all we had fun. Perfect parties or any party for that matter, anyone remember those? They were groups of people playing and enjoying themselves before everything was handed to them from the start. Back in the days before people became reclusive and selfish. Sure, self reliance is a good thing but so is relying on others and being there for your mate. Not knowing that they have your back and will be there for you but knowing that you have their back and will be there for them.

As for the aspect of it being too much like OS. Yes, it is low rate. This means it takes a little time to lvl, a little time to farm, and a little time to build up your guild, but isnt that what an MMORPG is all about? Building a guild network and having fun both in PvE and PvP aspects?

As far as being a money sink is concerned, this is one point that I personally do not understand. So far in three days I have got my cape, four ele lapis, seven sonic lapis, three flash lapis, one hundred plus lapisia, an equal amount of recreation runes, forty or so op hammers and enough PID/Res for three months. What more does a person want or need?

So no, money is not a requirement. As with any server, you donate for two reasons; to keep the server afloat and to gain things easily without a need to farm. If you search the searchable drop list (nice feature btw) you will see that there are only about four items on the item mall that can not be gained from drops yet they have an equivalent that does drop in game and I will list examples below that I have personally found.

Example: When I run a search it says that V-day accessories do not have a drop location however Reflection accessories do. Reflection accessories, which I have obtained via the thirty boss in the maze are one slot accessories that are very similar to that of best accessories. Sure they are not V-day accessories but they are still nice. The best part is that they are free and easily obtained at what seems to be a high drop rate as I have four sets four days into the life of the server.

Example 2: It seems that the lvl 57 legend helms are on the item mall but do not drop in game. However a quick search will show that the lower level legend helms do drop in game as well as goddess helms.

So from what I can find the only things unique to the item mall are 7day+ items, 48/54 capes, 57 legend helms, V-day accs, and a few mounts. That aside they all have equal or better counter parts in game.

On another note. GM Syn/III seems to be doing weekly raffles for ap packs as well as other items. These raffles do not cost anything, not even gold, they are tickets that are dropped by what seems to be every mob in the game.

TBH with you, I do not see a down side with this server. It is low rate but not OS. So it requires some work but it is not back breaking. There are an abundance of useful drops in game. The GM does nice raffles. I have the chance to interact with other players rather than forcing myself into a self serving reclusive hermit. Etc, I like it.

The best part of all, it is not EP5.

Anyway, sorry for the lengthy post. Thank you GM Syn/III for bring this server to the public and giving me the ability to once again enjoy myself in the shaiya world. I thought I was forever doomed to play on the likes of OS. Thank you for providing me the opportunity to feel that I have accomplished something without having to spend money or massive amounts of time but still giving me a challenge.

I look forward to seeing the server grow.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/22/2012, 06:27   #19

Thank you for the kind words, and it is always nice to see players returning from long ago.
Old 03/24/2012, 03:30   #20

I have received several PM's and emails asking what the expect time to hit Level 60 Ultimate Mode on the new Purity server is. As such, I figured I would respond here:

We have had our first member reach Level 60 UM as of today. So, in answer to the question, about 6 days with an average play time of 4 hours a day in a healer/dps duo.

Granted this will vary on party size, grind spots, break periods, etc...

But, congrats to our first Level 60 UM LaAlmeja on UoF.
Old 03/24/2012, 16:57   #21

Well, I see all of the good reviews so I think I've found my new Home ^_^ Hey, i'll be in game in a bit ( my laptop is stupid so takes an hour to download but its worth it) Best of luck!!!
Old 03/26/2012, 14:09   #22

I need you ingame NOW Syn...My toon dead and can't find res script on website!
Waiting for ya.Don't make me wait too long .-.
Old 03/26/2012, 14:32   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaSTieL.URieL View Post
I need you ingame NOW Syn...My toon dead and can't find res script on website!
Waiting for ya.Don't make me wait too long .-.
You can not find the res script because we do not have one available to the players atm. I have it down to fix a security flaw in the script.

HOWEVER, it will be returning in a few hours. In the mean time, if you sent a ticket on the site, it has been answered. if you didn't...you should have.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/26/2012, 23:19   #24

Yeah ty i got answer in less than 10 minutes <3 Ty for ressing my toon!
Old 03/26/2012, 23:21   #25

I'll personally vouch for III's ability to run a server, I got to know him while being staff on absolution, good luck with the server man, if I can find some free time I might come check it out.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/26/2012, 23:57   #26

We are currently offline due to an attack on our host. Note, this is an attack on them as a whole, not just our server.

Given such, they have better and more available means to filter or stop the attack than they would for a single server.

I have been in contact the host, and the down time is not expected to last long. please refer to for updates, rather than spamming here.
Old 03/27/2012, 16:52   #27

Attacks is endedddddd!! Iì'm onlineeeeeeeeeeee!! <3<3 Come join us todayyyyyyyyy!!!! <3
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/27/2012, 20:21   #28

I was extremely attracted to the server based on the strict adherence to the ToS as well as the site design. It's pretty awesome. I will be trying you guys out, definitely. See you in game. <3
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/27/2012, 20:40   #29

I wish you all the luck in the world III with your server
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/28/2012, 02:53   #30

For those who may have missed it, we are back online and running good. As compensation for the unexpected down time, we are part way through a 24 hour Exp rate increase.
Closed Thread