Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server > Shaiya PServer Advertising
You last visited: Today at 11:31

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Shaiya Absolution - Back Online

Discussion on Shaiya Absolution - Back Online within the Shaiya PServer Advertising forum part of the Shaiya Private Server category.

Closed Thread

Old 12/05/2011, 10:04   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by UVUC View Post
I hope you're prepared for the SURGE of statpadding reports you'll probably receive.

I mean, I think it's a FANTASTIC pvp-maker idea (even tho I'm pretty much retired from pservers), but I feel it makes stat-padding more alluring now. They'll get "double" AP, one for the killed account, and one for the killing account. Heh...

Other than that, keep up the good work!
This was the first concern we had. And then found a very easy way to monitor it =)
Old 12/18/2011, 04:23   #17

elite*gold: 0
Shaiya Absolution's Farewell

After weeks of attacks, network degradation, player losses, rollback's, and sky rocketing expense...the time has come to bid farewell.

For over two years now, Shaiya has been my life. Every moment of every day has revolved around it. At times, to the point that my family hated the server for the amount of time I gave to it. I have met many people in my time worth holding onto. But sadly, my work schedule, my finances, and to an extent---my pride, can not drag this out any longer.

When this server first began, it was done with the intent to prove to many that it did not take a village. It in fact only takes a single driven person to raise what could (and did) become one of the top servers in the Shaiya scene. Very little help was pulled from the community when we first began our hunt for the top. However, with or without it, we managed to get there regardless. And not just the admin/dev staff.

It is the players, and the GS staff that made Absolution what it is today. That is something to be proud of. We have endured attack after attack, abuse after abuse, and setback after setback. But in the end of them all, we were still able to raise our hands and say: "We are still here!"

While the attacks of the past weeks play a hand in the climbing expense, it is not what has brought us to this end. There are many other factor's to be considered.

In the past weeks we have lost so many of our member base. And as time has proven in the past, a server move always brings more loss. Our current host may have been able to stop our attacks, but the process left the server in such an undesirable state that many simply could not remain. If we were to move to a new host that was more capable of sound mitigation, we would lose yet even more, and incur even more expense.

At some point, something has to give. And at this point, that something is me.

After tonight, I will withdraw from the hosting scene, and leave it to the other servers to cater to the Shaiya fan base on their own. I would like to offer a tip of the hat to those who have endured the same as we. However, I have not forgotten those who brought it on, or have hidden behind somebody else's ability. To those who continue to try and push the other server's down, I offer no tip of the hat, but rather a simple "Farewell, and good riddance."

But to those who matter (the players, and those who actually helped us along the way), it truly has been a life experience. It is with no bit of ease I walk away from this, but it is close to necessity at this point, as I will not ask you all to support us once more, as you have in the past, just to take the chance of being pushed down once more, or never recovering from our loss.

But remember this, as I type, we ARE online. While the attacks ensued, WE WERE STILL HERE. We close by choice, and not by force. The community, as a whole, has proven a point. A dictator may rise, but that does not mean they can lead! It is the choice of the player to be or not. It is the will of those who back the players that build the community, and it is the the players and those who back them that choose their fate.

It has been an Absolute honor.

-III and the Absolution Staff

Feel free to close this.
Old 12/18/2011, 05:02   #18

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,977
#Closed on request
Thanks
1 User
Closed Thread

Tags
-iii-, shaiya, shaiya absolution, shaiya private server, shaiya pserver