Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 12:35

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

To all P-server developers !!!!!

Discussion on To all P-server developers !!!!! within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
To all P-server developers !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco87 View Post
Dear developers

Please get your Server 100% running, remove known bugs and setup everything as you want them to be, BEFORE you release your server and advertise for it !!!!!!!

And only advertise when the server is online!

i have seen ALOT of p-servers now.. admins came here, made advertismens how GREAT their server IS and that the server is OPEN NOW AND RUNNING..
then we go to their website... and the result:

- server not running yet
- server in absolutely test-phase, full of bugs n crap
- server totally empty, noone not even GMs there
- links on website don't work, admins not active

there's alot more, but those are things i have seen last weeks and i must say.. WOW
cant you just get everything ready for players, and THEN ask e-pvpers members to come and play there?

THANKS !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum09 View Post
Without targeting specific Servers I will just give some general advice I have found over time.

1. Make sure you call it closed-beta until most issues have been ironed out. Here don't be afraid to do a roll-back, use your wise judgement on whether you think it's necessary or not. Just make your Users clearly aware of it (and consider rewarding there efforts in some way)!!

2. Call it Open-Beta after that, let users know that even in that stage unexpected issues will and do occur. Keeping your Users informed is extremely important, a couple sentences of the state of things will keep everyone largely informed and be able to provide good feedback before changes occur.

3. Your audience base will drive the marketing for most of the part. If it's considered "good" and "stable" it will attract a decent audience. Good News travels fast, Bad News even faster don't launch prematurely and fall into the pitfall of having to do rollbacks too remain in a consistent state.

4. Know your Users, do not try and pretend you know all there is to know about running Game Servers as there will always be more to learn. If you think your pr0 and will not run into any probs then your probably not going to be able to last for very long.

Hmm that's all I can think of for now, best of luck all. ^-^
Quote:
Originally Posted by eamarille View Post
of course these are just my opinions but still.

A few things to look into BEFORE opening your server:

1. KNOWN hacks/exploits - IF possible try to find ways to deter these BEFORE they become a problem. EXAMPLE: sin/ranger damage exploit there is a fix, find it BEFORE you end up having to turn off stealth, thus killing these 2 classes

2. x100+ exp - Not really my style, BUT if this is the way your server will be, then at LEAST allow for gold drops to be even with leveling. It is irritating to level to 60 in 6 hours just to find out you dont have the gold to get the gear you need at your level.

3. For those BELOW x100 exp rates, DO NOT increase gold drops too much because what ends up happening is that you have TOO MUCH gold on the server. REMEMBER alot of gold = REALLY high prices, good for older players/ higher lvl toons, but sucks for the new people.

4. DO NOT flood your server with goddess gear/ end game weapons/ gear. This results in a high economy as in #3.

5. IF you post that you will run Xtimes events per day/week whatever, THEN please do so. I don't know how many new servers claim to run 2 events per day just to end up only having 1 event timed only for part of the players.

6. LEARN to NOT be favorable to any specific faction/guild. This causes animosity between Players and Administration alike.

7. Don't ask for suggestions unless you are REALLY looking to weigh out the suggestions that players give you. If there is a specific way you want your server to be, then start with that and work on it drom there. DO NOT start a server then change things every month to accomodate suggestions, just to change it again later according to someone elses suggestion.

8. Nos/ Enchants - as much as i don't care for these, many players do. Its simple either you do or you don't, theres no mid way.

AND FOR THOSE THAT WILL BE SAYING THIS

IF I was able to create my own private server, i would, but as it is i do not have the means to do so
#updated
Thanks
38 Users
Old 05/22/2010, 15:07   #2

Without targeting specific Servers I will just give some general advice I have found over time.

1. Make sure you call it closed-beta until most issues have been ironed out. Here don't be afraid to do a roll-back, use your wise judgement on whether you think it's necessary or not. Just make your Users clearly aware of it (and consider rewarding there efforts in some way)!!

2. Call it Open-Beta after that, let users know that even in that stage unexpected issues will and do occur. Keeping your Users informed is extremely important, a couple sentences of the state of things will keep everyone largely informed and be able to provide good feedback before changes occur.

3. Your audience base will drive the marketing for most of the part. If it's considered "good" and "stable" it will attract a decent audience. Good News travels fast, Bad News even faster don't launch prematurely and fall into the pitfall of having to do rollbacks too remain in a consistent state.

4. Know your Users, do not try and pretend you know all there is to know about running Game Servers as there will always be more to learn. If you think your pr0 and will not run into any probs then your probably not going to be able to last for very long.

Hmm that's all I can think of for now, best of luck all. ^-^
Thanks
17 Users
Old 05/24/2010, 11:35   #3

Received Thanks: 3,086
Nothing more need to be said!

#closed
#sticky
Thanks
11 Users
Closed Thread