Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 19:11

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Help]Failed to connect to game server

Discussion on [Help]Failed to connect to game server within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Removed

Removed
Old 11/10/2016, 19:23   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by doteroargentino View Post
Hello guys, this is my first post. Yesterday I created my first shaiya server and everything went ok but now I got a problem. After I log in i get the "failed to connect to game server" message. I set up the server on a virtual machine with Virtual Box running Win XP and the database with SQL Server 2008. I can't figure out where the problem is. I've checked every IP in the config files following every guide I found in this forum but I still haven't find any solutions.

First I tried using my local IP and I thought that was the problem, but then I tried to connect using Hamachi and I'm getting the same problem.

I am using a 5.4 server with a 5.4 client. I've already edited the game.exe but that doen't seem to be the problem to me. All the services work OK according to this:

I know you might not need to check on all of my config files but here they are:
ps_game

ps_login

ps_session

ps_userlog

ps_dbAgent

ps_gameLog

Hope you guys can help me. Thanks.
Did you tried to connect through 127.0.0.1 and open the game on virtualbox? Maybe you have to configure you firewall for use Hamachi

Sent by my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Old 11/10/2016, 19:36   #3

Quote:
I wanted to try that but the problem is the game won't launch in the virtual box because of graphic issues. It asks me to update my graphic driver to the latest but since I'm in the virtual box the only "GPU" it detects is "Virtual Box Graphic Adapter" and it isn't enough to run the game. Any ideas on that?
No idea about virtual box, personally I use VMware and I never had problems.. Anyway, try to shut off temporally your firewall on the host and try to run the game with Hamachi
Old 11/10/2016, 19:50   #4

Quote:
I tried it. Didn't work
What does your logs say?
Old 11/10/2016, 20:12   #5

Quote:
You are gonna kill me for this question but which ones should I read?
Just send it all and then we'll see what we need
Old 11/10/2016, 20:17   #6

Quote:
Noob question incoming. Where do I find them?
Ahahahah don't you worry, we've all been there PSM_Client\Bin\Log

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk
Old 11/10/2016, 20:36   #7

Quote:
According to the time shown there I think those were my first attempts when the game.exe wasn't even running okay. What should I do to generate new ones? Delete those, run the server and try to connect again?
Exactly [emoji28] remember always to keep your log folder clean
Old 11/10/2016, 20:45   #8

Do you have Skype? Add me, I'm executive.inforge
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/10/2016, 20:51   #9

Received Thanks: 1,161
Don't use Hamachi, it should work without it.

On your VM, open CMD and type in ipconfig. The IPv4 that will come up is your VM/Shaiya Server IP. Write it down or copy it somewhere.

Now, open "Windows Firewall with advanced security" on your VM and add the following ports as TCP: login server - port 30800 and game server - port 30810.

You should also update GamePublicIP in ps_game.ini with your VMs IPv4.
Edit your game.exe IP to your VM IPv4 and save it. Run the server on your VM, minimize it and launch your client with the proper game.exe and it should work.

If it still doesn't work, make sure SQL Server is configured properly, eg. IPs enabled.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 11/11/2016, 20:19   #10

If you use VirtualBox, I asume you have SQL Server and Shaiya Server on that, and your game client is on your host PC.
You don't need hamachi, just put your LAN ip on the server (same ip of your VM OS).

Eg: your host pc is 192.168.0.2, your VM is 192.168.0.3, put 192.168.0.3 as your public ip in ps_game.ini and PSMServer_Config.ini and use also 192.168.0.3 in your game.exe
That should be all, no need any special set up. If you can ping your VM, you should be able to connect.
You can even make your VM visible to the public (not recommended).

Just be sure your properly set up the NET settings in VirtualBox and SQL Server.
Old 11/12/2016, 00:29   #11

In your INIs, first line, you have:

Code:
[SERVER]
ServerName=Freezing
Did you try leaving the original names there?

(DBAgent01, Game01, GameLog01, Login01, Session, UserLog)

You may check original names in your downloaded server files.

Tags
failed to connect shaiya