Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 02:40

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Can't Recompile NpcQuest.SData

Discussion on Can't Recompile NpcQuest.SData within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Can't Recompile NpcQuest.SData

Having complications recompiling NpcQuest.SData after editing. Any help would be appreciated. I used Zero's tool for Python.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NpcQuest Error.jpg (33.9 KB, 150 views)
Old 08/30/2013, 15:28   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasis1984 View Post
Having complications recompiling NpcQuest.SData after editing. Any help would be appreciated. I used Zero's tool for Python.
Use SHSTUDIO.exe

Here have download, and all the explanations for each step
Old 08/30/2013, 15:48   #3

Already used Castor's tool to add the new Npc, but the Type and UID were set to 7 and 0 respectively and are not able to be called up ingame for placement. Used ZeroSignal's tool for Python to extract the NpcQuest.SData so that I could fix the UID, but this is the error that comes up when I try to recompile it using Python 2.7 and the shay_data_edit_0-1c
Old 08/30/2013, 16:25   #4

Quote:
Already used Castor's tool to add the new Npc, but the Type and UID were set to 7 and 0 respectively and are not able to be called up ingame for placement. Used ZeroSignal's tool for Python to extract the NpcQuest.SData so that I could fix the UID, but this is the error that comes up when I try to recompile it using Python 2.7 and the shay_data_edit_0-1c
some npc can not be called in game
Old 08/30/2013, 19:04   #5

A newly created npc should be able to be called ingame. Also, that's not the basis of the post...issue is getting NpcQuest_sdata.bat to work.
Old 08/30/2013, 20:03   #6

I've made NPCs with sStudio by just Edit>Create Item and they were made with the correct type (Type 2 in my case, a gatekeeper), without any problem, and I can create them in-game.
Old 08/31/2013, 04:24   #7

Received Thanks: 3,359
shStudio creates a NPC with its type set to GateKeeper if it created in GK panel, it creates a merchant if the merchant panel is selected, and the selected (from combo-box) NPC type if the "other NPC" panel is selected. dot. that is still not the question.

the python script provides details regarding the error: "split" is not supported by "rec[ field_name ]".
it can be because that item (whose ident is stored in field_name) is not a string, and so is null or because field_name is not the identifier of an item of the rec array (meaning field_name is null).

the reasons of these 2 possibles errors are in the processed input file (if this several years old-script fails to process any data, this would have been already discussed), so the request is not "how to fix the script" but "what is wrong in my data" ... data you didn't provide ...

double-check and verify any edited records (lines) and make sure you didn't forget one item (and so one delimiter such as a comma) somewhere. optionally edit the script to output on the console the index of the processed line, that will help you.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/31/2013, 11:53   #8

I'm currently unfamiliar with the coding within the .py scripts or how to modify them properly as a 'Print i' edit was discussed in a separate thread but when I added that line the script errored on it as well as unsupported syntax or similar. The Npc was made from within shStudio as a normal Npc as well as a quest Npc..not sure how to call the quest Npc though. When I created the Npc, it set the Type as 7 and UID as 0 if that helps. Extracted the Sdata and opened it using MS Excel.
Old 09/06/2013, 01:15   #9

BUMP

Also, Castor, the tools for Python are messing up the Quest Chain cvs. When I open it, I get a message saying 'File not loaded completely.' and there's only 1 column in it all zeros. Any help here?
Old 09/06/2013, 11:06   #10

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 5,451
Quote:
BUMP

Also, Castor, the tools for Python are messing up the Quest Chain cvs. When I open it, I get a message saying 'File not loaded completely.' and there's only 1 column in it all zeros. Any help here?
QuestChain.csv has nothing important in it, or at least that's what I believe. The real quests are in QuestDetails.csv.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/06/2013, 12:05   #11

Then I don't understand at all why it won't recompile with NpcQuest_sdata.bat. **** thing hangs every time, with or without any editing, doesn't make a difference. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Old 09/06/2013, 12:19   #12

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 5,451
Quote:
Then I don't understand at all why it won't recompile with NpcQuest_sdata.bat. **** thing hangs every time, with or without any editing, doesn't make a difference. Any ideas on how to fix this?
I am terribly busy right now, and won't be home for a day or so. When I get back I will post a full tutorial explaining how to pack/unpack files using ZeroSignal's python scripts. If you do everything correctly, no errors will occur.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/06/2013, 12:34   #13

OK, thank you very much. I will await your response and your tut so I can get my new quests and npc's ingame.