Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 00:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

EP6/5.5 client help

Discussion on EP6/5.5 client help within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old 11/24/2012, 20:03   #16

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,066
This is why ep4 is the best type of server to have
Least amount of bugs and overall the best episode ._.
If you feel like adding in ep5/6 **** then just add in items, maps, mobs, etc.
Don't worry about all that extra ps_game ****.
In all honesty all it does it add more and more bugs to your server since no private server has any ps_game past ep4.
Everything is just heavily modified. Which means it will have bugs.
I'd personally prefer an working and stable server with older content over the newest content (which honestly isn't all that great) with a huge amount of bugs.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/24/2012, 20:14   #17

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 5,451
Unfortunately, I thought the same and I was a part of a team to whom I suggested making an ep4 server. We had very few players online, and closed 3 months after. People like new stuff, that's how it works here.
Old 11/24/2012, 21:11   #18

People like ep4 servers plentiful, but 99% of the ones made suck so much ***** that no player with respect for themselves or their time bother with them. That's why nearly everyone goes to these ep5 instant servers, cuz it's pointless to waste time anywhere else.

And i agree with Snuggle completely. Give up on ep6, use parts of it if you like, but don't bother trying to make your server ep6, cuz you wont get it working properly. No matter how "1337" a dev you think you are. The only part of ep6 worth anything, is the ingame timer.. other than that it's ALL laughable.

You can use the models/icons/maps etc in ep4 and get it all working stable, with your own stats or whatever you like without ruining anything. Just too many people don't liek to spend more than 1 week making their server before they put the donation page up and get a host.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/25/2012, 00:19   #19

Received Thanks: 1,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubness View Post
People like new stuff, that's how it works here.
Correct. That's why I never said make a 100% ep4 server.
Add customs. By all means.
People don't like new things as of content. People like new things as of "what new things has this server brought to the table?"
Yes they are interested in the new ep6 stuff, yet most of all they want a unique server to call home.
99% of ep4 servers are instant or just terribly designed.
It's not hard to design a good server. It's just no one cares to do so anymore.
They give specific "release dates" and haven't even started work when they give these times.
So they don't even have enough time to do anything well because it's always like in a month or so.
Simple. Take time to build a server. Take 5 months if you have to.
At least you took the time to make it good.
That's better than this rushed and instant ****.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/25/2012, 07:57   #20

Nubness and Truth:

I wouldn't have to waste my time pointing this out if you two would have used the amazing skills that you both likely had to work SO hard to obtain. READ. If you would have read what I posted earlier in the same thread (If you need a tutorial: Just scroll up, find my name, and read what I say! Done! | OR: use brain.exe) you would have noticed that I have already tried the ps_game.exe(s) with no success. Whenever I add a ps_game.exe with an alternate level cap, I get 3,000,000 HP and I'm not able to attack a mob without being booted from the server.

Truth, I wasn't asking for your customized server/client. I have the ep6 OS client (pre 6.3 update) and I plan to modify it to my liking. As for my request, I don't want a customized server. Just one that has the ep6 content (including level 80). Now, I'm aware that anyone who has the ability to de-crypt the current ep6 files would never share them, because people are *** holes. That's likely why we are an episode behind as a community (well, most of us). But, it will likely come out some time.

Now that was a huge waste of time, wasn't it?

Snuggles:
Thanks so much for the reply. I agree that an ep4 client/server would be much better. However, I really like the 70 sets and the 70 cap. Did those things exist in ep4? If so, you mind sending me a link to the server/client?

Thanks so much!!
Old 11/25/2012, 11:47   #21

You can VERY easily use an ep4 client and add EVERY piece of ep6 into it without any of these stupid "hp errors" etc. Like i said if you used your own advice and read what i wrote.

There are multiple releases in the dev section with "ep6 client" armors / icons etc. They are in the 1st page mostly so it's not hard to find them. There have also been multiple posts on how to put those into your own server (be it ep3,4,5,6) whatever you wanna call it.

All me and Snuggle are saying is.. If you want ep6 content, stop trying to work with the ep6 releases cuz you WILL NOT get it working. Start with a stable ep4 (cuz that's the best we have) and add the content in to make it as close to ep6 you can get. You can "copy" the interface in ways to make yourself have ep6 look on ep4 game.exe etc. It's not all that hard, you just can't expect it to be done in 1 day. I know i've done it and to do it PROPERLY your talking at least a week of work.

As an addition to what your asking but don't seem to know how to use search/or the index to find anything.

- I find this the best for setting up the server. (you need 2012 or 2008 i believe sql to install it tho)
There are other server setup releases too if you prefer another approach.

- Here are a selection of game.exe's if you want to change the level yourself or anything like that, there are guides to do that too.

- for dupe fix

- If you want ep5 skills able to work on your server (you will need to fix them still, refer to brain.exe for instructions)

I could go on all day posting link by link what is in the dev index already.. that is why John made it, so people like you with questions and concerns have all the answers right there in 1 click.

Everything you need is there, it's not hard to figure out, but if you really still can't get ep6 content into a ep4/5 client, then post here and i will give you a step by step guide on EVERYTHING you need in order to do it.
Old 11/25/2012, 12:03   #22

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 5,451
@diehard6
I don't quite get it. I'm answering to his question and it turns out that I'm the nub, again ?
I explained it to you very clearly, if you want ep6 items you can have them in any episode you want, simply by having them in your client's Item.SData and the respective 3do and dds files ofc, and the database.
Congratulations on finishing your download from Aeria, it seems to be one of the greatest achievements in your life. A LOT, and I mean A LOT of great developers, and maybe not so great ones as well, worked their ***** to make an OS-like server, but it is almost impossible.
About sharing, hmm, I didn't expect anything else from you, really. If you call an ******* someone who didn't sleep nights to fix the ep6 files(if such a person exists) and didn't share his work, then I don't know what are the limits of your ignorance. But I already saw what kind of a person you are, USA student, with free hosting provided by school, so I guess you think that everything must be handed to you for free. Well let me tell you something, your whole life was a lie and you must be ready to work if you really want something.
If you want a somehow working "ep6" server you need to start with ep5 and upgrade it to ep6. The only thing you cannot have is the ep6 interface, because it's linked to the ep6 game.exe.

Please, kill yourself.
Old 11/25/2012, 23:04   #23

All of the things you two have said make sense. I appreciate you taking the time to explain, Truth. I find the information you are giving worthwhile and informative. I see the ep5 links you have posted. And as much as you think I "don't know how to search through an Index", you're wrong. I have been through all of those files.

- I un-installed and re-installed these server files 3 times, so far

- I tried this client (from the database) with 4 different game.exe

I get the same error every time. I hear you saying that these two components are the ones that I need to start at, and add the ep6 parts that I want afterwards. That all makes sense. In fact, I've done it before. But I can't even get the server and the client to function with each other.

This is what happens:
I create a new account (with a login script that I installed)
I log in and select my server
And whenever I get to the point where I select my faction, the client closes.