Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 09:13

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Making a server with OS standarts

Discussion on Making a server with OS standarts within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old 10/06/2012, 17:09   #31

elite*gold: 50
Received Thanks: 1,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlz View Post
Finally Shaiya OS like server I would defo would want to stay and play.That being said peeps will only be interested in the server if you can guarantee The server will be here to stay and not end up going down some weeks or months down the line....Thats If rates are OS like or near since all that effort would put everyone off.But yeah PS like OS would be Amazing.

Skype ID:Sephiroth2283

If you would like any help with i'dears or have any problems just message me.
If we can do it, i can guarantee the server wont be down after a few weeks.. I would like to hear your ideas on here instead of Skype. Thank you
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/07/2012, 12:25   #32

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 5,450
I'm sorry I didn't read every single post in this thread but I think it's a great idea. As much as I don't like to admit it, OS has one of the best shaiya content, better than most private servers. What I really hope, is that you can make your server exactly like OS, but with higher rates, and independence of the uberness level from the thinkness level of a player's wallet.

I can suggest the following:
- Make a decent exp rate, x50 would be fine in my opinion
- Keep the economy under control, which means, do not add any fortune coins, keep the only good source of gold to be the dropped gold itself(at x10 from the OS rate)
- Remove junk items, except for the ones that matter for quests maybe. I'm sure people get tired of having to NPC all the ****. Shaiya Spirit had this and it was really good.
- Make most AP items attainable in game, by drop or from a NPC.
- Add drops to GRB bosses and mobs, but keep etin at low rate, so only guilds who work hard for their etins can have a fully functional GH.
- Increase GRB bosses HP, defense and attack power.
- Decrease points given by GRB bosses, to prevent exploiting. Here I can say that the OS example is very good, again. OS GRB mobs give quite a decent amount of points, while points from bosses are insignificant at all.
- Add the goddess PvP map, for lv60 pvp.

- Increase linking chances, 20% is boring, make it 50% with OP, and include PLHs and PEHs.
- Keep debuff lapises in game, BUT, make them rare.
Thanks
7 Users
Old 10/07/2012, 13:28   #33

elite*gold: 0
The debuff should drop os like..Why put them rare?It would be a huge advantage for the ones who have them.
The philosophy should be no rare stuff.
I mean yeah u have to work hard to get it but not in the way a selfish "uber" person can farm them so easy and gain a profit by them..
I don't know if someone understood what i wanted to say..
Anyway...Another thing i'll change is spawn times..
For all bosses..Just half them..If a boss spawn every 7 day just make them 3.5
This would give faster opportunity to grow up leaving the pleasure of farming and pvping like in Kimu/sera /dios room.
And i'm sure this will make the game more active.
And these pvp dungeons won't be empity like on most of servers.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/07/2012, 14:54   #34

debuff lapises should drop from Seraphim like OS ...
Thanks
2 Users
Old 10/07/2012, 16:10   #35

elite*gold: 50
Received Thanks: 1,262
We will do it like you guys want We're working atm, fixing some bugs but we still have some bugs :s stat bar doesnt show atk/def/resist etc and max level is 70 for now we will do something about these, soon we will open a test server for everybody to show our features

a Few SS of updates We got "synergy" bonuses working ^^
Sorry for Double posting

Thanks
3 Users
Old 10/08/2012, 11:59   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubness View Post
I'm sorry I didn't read every single post in this thread but I think it's a great idea. As much as I don't like to admit it, OS has one of the best shaiya content, better than most private servers. What I really hope, is that you can make your server exactly like OS, but with higher rates, and independence of the uberness level from the thinkness level of a player's wallet.

I can suggest the following:
- Make a decent exp rate, x50 would be fine in my opinion
- Keep the economy under control, which means, do not add any fortune coins, keep the only good source of gold to be the dropped gold itself(at x10 from the OS rate)
- Remove junk items, except for the ones that matter for quests maybe. I'm sure people get tired of having to NPC all the ****. Shaiya Spirit had this and it was really good.
- Make most AP items attainable in game, by drop or from a NPC.
- Add drops to GRB bosses and mobs, but keep etin at low rate, so only guilds who work hard for their etins can have a fully functional GH.
- Increase GRB bosses HP, defense and attack power.
- Decrease points given by GRB bosses, to prevent exploiting. Here I can say that the OS example is very good, again. OS GRB mobs give quite a decent amount of points, while points from bosses are insignificant at all.
- Add the goddess PvP map, for lv60 pvp.

- Increase linking chances, 20% is boring, make it 50% with OP, and include PLHs and PEHs.
- Keep debuff lapises in game, BUT, make them rare.
FULL SUPPORT!!!
Thanks
2 Users
Old 10/08/2012, 21:44   #37

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 5,450
For those who didn't like my suggestion about debuff lapis, and precisely the part of making them rare. Let's assume everyone has them, do you at least realize how many stuns you will get from both ubers and nubs who somehow got the debuff lapises too ? Debuff lapises, and mostly stun/sleep/freeze ones, are slowing the pvp a bit, if everyone is gonna have that, only the fast-finger-players will survive.

Now I have another question, for any kind brain.exe who'd like to share the answer with me. As you probably know, at least by default none of us can see any attack/magic power and defense/resist in their status window. If there is anyone who knows the solution, and doesn't mind sharing, please let me know. (Asking here because in the #0 post the 2nd screenshot is showing exactly what I am talking about.)
Old 10/10/2012, 11:36   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubness View Post
For those who didn't like my suggestion about debuff lapis, and precisely the part of making them rare. Let's assume everyone has them, do you at least realize how many stuns you will get from both ubers and nubs who somehow got the debuff lapises too ? Debuff lapises, and mostly stun/sleep/freeze ones, are slowing the pvp a bit, if everyone is gonna have that, only the fast-finger-players will survive.
So finally someone will play Priest/Oracle to dispell them and will stop with those fu**ing guardians/defenders!