Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 05:04

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

In-game gear coloring theory/opinions

Discussion on In-game gear coloring theory/opinions within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation In-game gear coloring theory/opinions

I have thought of this many times over the years and im sure others have also. Instead of creating a server with a certain gear type colored a certain way for everyone, Why not make a way for people to color their own gear whatever they want in game. Database and file wise I have no idea how to even begin to make this work. The client however is another story. I can vision the cape design merchant being edited in such a way that you can put your individual gear into the slot and color it using their color selection table. I believe this would be a really cool feature as there would no longer have to be requests or bickering, everyone could wear the same gear type, But make it whatever color they would want it to be. No matter what your experience in Shaiya developing is please feel free to post an opinion, I am very curious of what we all could come up with. If we actually get a decent amount of idea's, it might be worth seeing if it works, and if it does, doing it and posting a tutorial under development so everyone can have it. Post what you think, Thanks, -[Dev]CMPunk
Old 09/19/2012, 18:17   #2

Received Thanks: 1,066
Basically what you're asking is a way to add a merchant to give an option to edit dds files in game.
As well as add new lines to accommodate the new texture by making it just for that person.
Seeing as everything is set in place in the data.saf I doubt this would be possible without reconstructing it to allow for this deep of an edit.
It may be possible to move in place of the cape decals some custom textures of a cape though.
As of database for Shaiya files you would not need to do any edits. This is purely client side.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/19/2012, 18:23   #3

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 2,625
mh that would need to find out where the information is giving about recolouring the tattoos for the capes ( the tattoos are stored in data.sah/saf ofc and finding out how to manage doing that would be **** interesting but as for now i dont have much time sadly :/ but that would be ofc an awsome feature for the player!
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/19/2012, 22:32   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Admin]Snuggle View Post
Basically what you're asking is a way to add a merchant to give an option to edit dds files in game.
Not necessary...If there are enough recoloured gears in the dds files this merchant won't change the dds but will choose between different colours..
Like a appearence change scroll..It allow you to select different types of dds faces..
So i'm sure it could be possible with a hard long good work xD
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/19/2012, 23:57   #5

I like this so far, any other opinions?
Old 09/20/2012, 14:19   #6

Don't think this would work like the app change scroll.. cuz i believe that item works with a scripted effect (in PS_Game.exe) you can't just make a new effect and expect it to work on armors, if the game doesn't recognise that. Good idea in theory, but as Snuggle said, it's very unlikely to happen.
Thanks
3 Users