Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 09:02

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Confusion in my mind Ep4 server Ep5 server.

Discussion on Confusion in my mind Ep4 server Ep5 server. within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Confusion in my mind Ep4 server Ep5 server.

I'm a bit confused..

If i look for ep5 server files, i can find database and ep5 server..
The problem with the server files is:

1- One of them need sql2012 who can't be installed on my VM..Don't know why..
2- One of them use GSQL and miss a lot of things or most of the things are not translated..

The problem with DB files is:
I don't know if they are good.

Can i simply Take an ep4 server and add ep5 database attaching it in msql?
I'm sure i can but..The problem is:
These days i was trying to add a new map in my ep4.5 server.
But i wasn't able to do it..Or better..It didnt' worked...So i'm sure it won't work with the ep5 maps too...
So...

Should i take one of these ep5 servers, and the GSQL Database and attach it to msql and is done?
Old 09/18/2012, 14:32   #2

elite*gold: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-DoeSn'TxMaTTeR-x View Post
I'm a bit confused..

If i look for ep5 server files, i can find database and ep5 server..
The problem with the server files is:

1- One of them need sql2012 who can't be installed on my VM..Don't know why..
2- One of them use GSQL and miss a lot of things or most of the things are not translated..

The problem with DB files is:
I don't know if they are good.

Can i simply Take an ep4 server and add ep5 database attaching it in msql?
I'm sure i can but..The problem is:
These days i was trying to add a new map in my ep4.5 server.
But i wasn't able to do it..Or better..It didnt' worked...So i'm sure it won't work with the ep5 maps too...
So...

Should i take one of these ep5 servers, and the GSQL Database and attach it to msql and is done?
Old 09/18/2012, 15:42   #3

It is chineese :\
Old 09/18/2012, 15:46   #4

clear dbo monsters items product list and skill and execute your from client
Old 09/18/2012, 16:48   #5

I took The Database files of the GSQL ep5 files, and i used the server files of the files who need sql2012..Now..After some problems i resolved all alone *__* (So proud), services all green and working...I just have to go ingame and see what happen..But i can't find a working game.exe...All the one i tried don't allow me to connect after i edit the ip address...Oh my ***! What an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!I'm thinking now that i'm writing xD I forgot to add the 2 ports to the firewall xD wthell xD See ya later with updates XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipp_ View Post
Well i'm using these u posted here because with the one i used,i gain too much errors...
Old 09/18/2012, 18:19   #6

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,976
Why can't you install SQL 2012?
Old 09/18/2012, 18:22   #7

when you add ports to firewall it not opens it provider should open it if you call em
Old 09/18/2012, 21:40   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHeatz View Post
Why can't you install SQL 2012?
I don't have the Min Sistem Req.
Now i dont' know if is because of .netframework4 or because when i installed it i didn't had more than 6gb free on the vm hard drive..

Or if is just incompatibility with windows xp :\
But i dont' care I got my ep5 working ^__^ Now i only have a lot of problems to fix! xD

I understood you can do a server without understand anything if u have a community to "support" you but doing it ALONE and with no experience and having a lot of ideas to do which you can't realize because you are not able to..It's really frustrating....successes and failures...
is a wheel without end.
Can you do one thing and you get stuck with a new problem.
Na that's not for me! I will continue with my tests but i'll never do a server!
I like to experiment new things.
And that was funny!
In 1 week i set up multiple servers xD I made npcs mobs i understood how to use obelisk.ini i understood how to make my updater the reg.script and a whole of new things..
I asked too much with the Map thread but if it would have worked it would have been an amazing thing *__* I would have edited all the maps xD
But but but...Why am i writing this!?!?!? >.>
See you on another post xD
Thanks
1 User