Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 21:01

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Request-Question]Updater

Discussion on [Request-Question]Updater within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Request-Question]Updater

Hi all,

It seems I have some issues with the updater, I mean, I am trying to patch files, and instead of re-writing on the old ones it's adding them. It's doing conflicts to players and my own client even if I put the same files and that I update my client with it.
(Yes I did it to see what was the real trouble and it was what I've explained before).

How does the system of the updater works? Does it replace only if the new file is bigger ? Or is it a conflict from my own updater?

If you got any info about thank you to tell me about it, I guess it could be helpfull to many people also.
Old 08/12/2012, 18:01   #2

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,977
I would check about the updater itself, because you need to check on the version and everything, they shouldn't give any sort of conflicts because of that as it must take the newest one and use that one with it's version, maybe try on your test server with a whole new updater and check on the results
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/12/2012, 18:06   #3

elite*gold: 0
Well the versions are correct, so I guess it's a trouble from the updater itself.

Thank you a lot for responsding !

Similar Threads Similar Threads
[Question]Updater with IIS
05/24/2018 - Shaiya Private Server - 4 Replies
Is it possible to make an updater run through IIS? I've been trying, but for the life of me, I can't seem to get it to work. UpdaterVersion.ini : CheckVersion=3 UpdaterVersion=18 PatchFileVersion=2 Version.ini:
[Question] vsro auto updater
05/18/2012 - SRO Private Server - 7 Replies
Hi all i am make auto update like it http://www.elitepvpers.com/forum/private-sro-explo its-hacks-bots-guides/1546067-makeing-auto-updater .html and when i open launcher Was updated but when client open it don't run and tell me errorhttp://img163.imageshack.us/img163/4509/error ga.png any one can help me?
Question about Dekaron Updater
11/26/2010 - Dekaron Private Server - 5 Replies
Good evening ePVPers community, First of all: I have used Google and i searched 3 days for it. I need to know what i have to Upload to my webspace if i will use the Updater, used by EG-Dekaron or other Private Servers. I know i have to insert my "IP" in this file: "Update.ini" <Section1>
[REQUEST]Updater Help
09/22/2010 - Shaiya Private Server - 3 Replies
Ok... since no one wishes to answer my post... I really have no choice but to ask like this. Here's the problem: I am trying to make a new updater that updates. However, I am getting 3 warnings when i do different things. 1. I run the updater. It patches ok the first time. After I close it, it deletes my version.ini, and tells me I don't have one (obviously). 2. It opens the updater, closes it, makes a new updater, and runs a command prompt. 3. It opens, and gives me a runtime error. ...
[Question] Div Auto Updater, updating files
01/08/2010 - Dekaron Private Server - 3 Replies
Okay for all those who have a div updater for pak client i have a question about updating. Okay so ill explain the problem first. on my htdocs, update folder i have 4 folders for example. 1.0.1 1.0.2 1.0.3 1.0.4 and each of those folders have some numbers of .div files