Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 02:37

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Chinese DB working with English client?

Discussion on Chinese DB working with English client? within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Smile Chinese DB working with English client?

As you can clearly see on the title, I got a Chinese database, and a English client. Can I have that, or do I need to translate it all? I am willing to translate it, no problems, I'm just wondering.

Also, is it somehow possible to just replace the data.saf files (ofc, I extracted em) like mobs and dbo.mobs - Can I replace those two? I have tried the import export tool, but I have failed every time doing so. I was successful in exporting, but never importing. Got a clue?

I've been here for quite some time looking for answers, but every answer I find, they use very advanced words, which for me is hard to understand. If it's possible for you to reply to this post with simple words/instructions, that would be much appreciated.

I'm sorry about the comfusion, I most likely messed up some english! Have a nice day all
Old 07/03/2012, 22:50   #2

Received Thanks: 1,066
1. Yes it is possible to have a database in another language with an English client. Yet they must line up exactly minus the language.
Client = Everything visual.
Database = Everything Data.
Easy to understand

2. In order to just replace the data.saf you must replace the sah as well because they need to be 100% the same in every way or else your client will not work.
Try using lph's data tool to completely extract the sah itself. So you have everything extracted. Then place everything you want in there and then repack it with the same tool.
That's what I do whenever I truly edit a client. Just easier for me. Although unpacking/repacking takes some time.

Also I understood everything you said quite easily o.o
If you need more help let me know (Snuggle feels helpful now for some reason)
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/03/2012, 23:08   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Admin]Snuggle View Post
1. Yes it is possible to have a database in another language with an English client. Yet they must line up exactly minus the language.
Client = Everything visual.
Database = Everything Data.
Easy to understand

2. In order to just replace the data.saf you must replace the sah as well because they need to be 100% the same in every way or else your client will not work.
Try using lph's data tool to completely extract the sah itself. So you have everything extracted. Then place everything you want in there and then repack it with the same tool.
That's what I do whenever I truly edit a client. Just easier for me. Although unpacking/repacking takes some time.

Also I understood everything you said quite easily o.o
If you need more help let me know (Snuggle feels helpful now for some reason)
Thank you alot, for that fantastic answer! I understood it all, but there are still about 10-20 questions in my head, do you by any chance have skype? that way we could call, and if you need any help that I can offer, I can help you, and you could help me. Plus, having another buddy woulden't hurt!

Again, thanks alot for that very explaining answer.