Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 18:03

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

An idea for someone to make a pserver.

Discussion on An idea for someone to make a pserver. within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
An idea for someone to make a pserver.

Whassup y'all.Someone should make an ep 4.5 pserver with FBs (kinda like evolution) that'll make you farm fbs to get goddess set,weps,59/56 weps link and then pvp.And no ep 4.5 server and ep 5 gears.
Old 06/24/2012, 16:30   #2

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,977
There are already a couple of servers that have that implemented already, just to mention one, there is Shaiya Exile, you can look on the Advertising section and will be able to see that this idea -really good- has already been implemented
Old 06/25/2012, 14:57   #3

I've already checked it out but I'm looking for a server w/o custom gear and all that.Regular ep4 stuff.ele lv1 no ench like the old evolution,feel me
Old 06/25/2012, 16:36   #4

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,977
You said EP4.5, that is why I mentioned that, now that you have changed it to EP4 that is different...
Old 06/27/2012, 01:26   #5

elite*gold: 6
Yeah Shaiya Evolution that was legen wait wait dary Ye but every Server Owner tries to do something Custom.. so its not easy to find clean ep4 servers
Old 06/27/2012, 04:23   #6

Received Thanks: 1,066
Isn't the point of a private server to be custom though? I mean we've all lived with OS and had our "clean" server.
Once you get a "clean" server people start to ask for custom things.
Why you ask?
Simply answered with the fact that we develop private servers to make custom things.
To add to the game of Shaiya. Make it our own unique type of game with our own flavors to the mix.
I have made a lot of servers and I've even made what you are asking for. People like it at first then get bored asking for more due to the fact they know more can go into the game.
Evolution was good for it's time because it was one of the few private servers that added a custom thing which was the fortune bags. People were attracted to it because it was a private server which at the time there was few, because it was highly populated, and because it had those fortune bags.
Now days everyone knows what private servers can add into the game. So they want the extra stuff. They want to have a server that's different from OS or other servers out there.
That alone is what makes having a private server better than having a official server that you can't change. The custom things. Why limit yourself when you can add a whole amount of whatever you want?
I guess I'm speaking from a development side though.
Old 06/27/2012, 09:06   #7

In all honesty, Snuggle is speaking the truth. I never had (what it seems) to have the privilege of playing Evolution, yet i can imagine it (or so I think). The problem today is keeping the focus, originally, the idea was to build your character and fight when finished. Now that there's enough information to go around, people don't want to build a character, they're no longer interested in that, meaning there's no interest in Shaiya.. Ep4 server come and go within a month, because you get a nice group coming along, they have their fun, get bored and find something else on a new server. Server's a being thrown up here and there, people jump across them so much that nothing really lasts. Unless there's preparation (such as rumours of this new server opening), new servers generally flop in just over a month. And it's sad, some people work exceptionally hard, but there is always another server to take those players away, and that's why a clean Ep4 server will not last, because there's another server offering what the player seems to think better of.
Sure, custom gears, monsters, maps, items are cool, but there is only so much to edit.. People need to actually learn what it is to do that kinda thing (even i lack knowledge of this) instead of just taking things off epvp, changing it a little (even if it is detailed) and thinking that's good enough to keep people engaged. Hopefully something new (entirely) comes around at some point, so people wake up and realise visual edits aren't everything..
Thanks
1 User