Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 18:42

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Just some ideas...

Discussion on Just some ideas... within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,066
Just some ideas...

First I would like to start with a little bit of a story.
Back in the day Aeria games came out with an English version of a game called Shaiya.
Now we all know this to be true. We also know this game was great.
Something else we all realize is the fact that Aeria only cared about money and offered horrible customer service.
I mean I personally put over $2500 into OS lol and I lost it all over a hacked account.
Then people figured out they could create private servers for this game.
They realized they had the power to create Shaiya how they personally saw fit.
These beginning servers were a new road to a completely new style of Shaiya.
Build how you want. Play how you want.
Yet still to this day private servers of Shaiya seem to want to go the route of OS.
Pay to play and crappy staffing.
Of course this isn't true for some select few servers. (after looking around appears most those good servers went down)

Well enough with my story.
To the point.
Why the hell are you people ruining such a great game?
Everyone is rushing the server making process.
Everyone has one thought in mind: How much money can I make.
What the hell kind of thought process is that? I mean yes everyone likes money.
Seriously though why doesn't anyone build a server for enjoyment of the game??
Everyone makes these fast leveling, pvp fast, get items easy servers.
That are COMPLETE crap.
(yes this will offend quite a bit of people considering how many there are)
I would personally like to come back in four years and see Shaiya the great game it's meant to be.
Everyone does nothing but bitch and complain at one another in game.
The admins don't give a crap or try to baby the playerbase.
I mean seriously people grow up.
It's a game and it's meant to be fun and relaxing.

My personal request and I'm sure many can agree...
Is someone with knowledge please make something worth playing for years to come.
That is where you will make real money. Something that lasts.
Something to keep people playing. Not just pvping.
Everyone has their own ideas. Take your time.
Think of it as art. Not some quick fix.
There is some great minds out there.
Get a group together. Develop something worth playing and staying on.
Fix every bug. Add every drop. Add every map.
Add new things. Work it all out before releasing.
A good four months of development time can go a long way.

Now some of you are probably asking why doesn't this Snuggle person create a server?
Well those of you that remember my servers know I have the capability to make this. (yet poor staff choice)
What I say to that question is I would if I had time.
If people want ideas they can ask me. Want to know how to do something. I have the knowledge of most things as of servers.
I'll be leaving the internet world for four years and if Shaiya is worth playing still I'll make something worth playing on for fun. Not money.
But until then please someone help this poor dying game out.
Hate to see something with great potential die out.
Who knows I might just play on that server if someone does it right when I get back :P

For now kind regards,
Snuggle
Thanks
10 Users
Old 04/08/2012, 13:21   #2

elite*gold: 70
I think you said everything the most thinking about, cause if you check the pserver lists, they say; no donating server etc but when you play it... some days and you don't want anymore because there are still advanteges for them who pay money, and i really want to create one server but everytime when i'm asking in epvper or on other forums, no1 reply, or someone can't tell little solutions.
The biggest problem on a non donate server is, you need a well paid job for this, because you have to pay a root server and don't get money from this game, it will be a hobby wich costs 20-100€ ($btw) each month. If i had this money, i would just create a server without item mall, web mall, donating and put everything (really everything) on droplist and don't change the exp rate, it will be like on OS x1.
On this server you have to work hard, you enjoy the leveling with other player, you feel better in PvP because you know YOU farmed this items, worked hard for this and there are no player wich got all this items putted in their a** only because they had donated.

So if someone comes to an idea to create server, i'm offering my knowledge in game and ShStudio to you (atm i'm learning HTML/PHP and PhotoShop) just PM me then.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/09/2012, 23:17   #3

Just to add some more stuff...
If you still have to ask questions about simple stuff like how to change the item mall...
Your server should NEVER be public until you know how to answer all your own questions.
This is part of the reason why Shaiya is dying off and the player base is crappy.
People release these half *** servers and have no idea what they are doing.
This goes back to my only caring about money comment.
I really hate seeing people repost all these questions when there is something called the search bar.
There is also something that everyone (hopefully) has. Which my friends is a brain.
Also known as Brain.exe for those that still do not understand that joke.
I'm hoping this will get sticked if enough people reply to it >.>
Due to the fact that people should follow this advice to the last note.
Yes pvp is fun, yet it's half a game.
Make a full game and then open your server.
Make sure your staff will last and is trust worthy.
Make sure you know what you are doing and so does your staff (this includes GS)
The worst idea is to make family or close friends staff (unless they know how to properly run a server)
Even worse is a girlfriend or wife(husband/boyfriend). We can all understand the reasons why.
I'm not trying to openly criticize anyone here. That's not the point of my posts.
I'm trying to make a point that people will hopefully understand.
That is that all these rushed servers need to stop.
You want money? Make something worth playing on. Make something you yourself are proud of.
You want respect? Follow the above.
You want players? Same as above.

Think of it as art. Not some quick fix.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/09/2012, 23:40   #4

I agree with you in many points , but as we all know running a server will not be free , it cost and now we all know that Owners need Protection , so the most of the money they get is not to have fun with it , most of it is to keep running this server secured and protected.

About the " not just pvp " there is servers where u never get bored , atleast i wont neither whom playing with me , some Admins have found the way to make the server active in diffrent way , PvP so as Farming and such.

Abous Aeria , and no im not supporting them but , its a big company that needs money to stay alive , well yea sometimes they are overpriced i know that , but we cant change the fact that to keep evrything running a good way , money is needed.

"You want money? Make something worth playing on. Make something you yourself are proud of."

About this one that is exactly where the money earned from donations goes all or most of it into the server devolpment to keep it running and secured.

Thats all Cheers.
Old 04/09/2012, 23:58   #5

First off Snuggle where are you leaving to that you wont have internet for four years?
And hey i'd love to give a helping hand to a server.
But a key point is that the developement for the server has to be big, 4 months of work is a fine amount of time im willing to spend especially considering summer is coming up.
Old 04/10/2012, 00:01   #6

I understand this point.
What I'm trying to state is the fact that people need to stop being worried about money so much.
You can start your server from home. Most internet connections can easily handle 100-200 people without lag.
Most servers don't grow over night.
This is back to my having an experienced admin.
(I'm not just talking about server knowledge. I'm talking about someone who knows how to handle money and the necessities of a server)
Yes beginning your server will be out of pocket, but after awhile it won't be if you don't make it pay to play basically.
That's what Aeria is. I mean selling items you NEED to keep your character alive. That's just wrong.
That's what I was trying to say about that.
It's the extra's that should be sold. The things that make you as an Admin go out of your way for people.
Custom things you make that makes your server one of a kind.
So kind of a small fee for your work type of thing.
When I post my comments I'm generalizing everything. I'm not singling out servers or people.
I'm saying majority of things are like this and they need to change.
The admin side should be run like a business. Bring ideas that make people want to spend money on YOUR game.
The game should stay a game. Not a competition of who should spend the most money to stay alive.
A great idea (most people won't want to do this due to laziness) is to sell retextures.
Meaning allow people to ask for a design on their armor/weapon and you create it.
The game can allow for unlimited numbers of the same armor/weapon with different textures.
I'm not saying sell them for $150 lol. I'm saying a simple design for $5, a whole retexture for $15 or something.
Now that's a way to make money. Everyone likes to make their character their own.
Of course that will be hard to keep up with as your server grows, but that's where time for your staff to grow a little bit comes in as well.
(maybe offer these retextures as a limited of time buy or something idk just random ideas for profit without ruing the balance of the game)
Also coming up with new ideas to keep things going.

-Edit-
To Mr. Linxis I'm off to the military. I kinda need that experience for myself lol :P
Want to explore the world for free and meet new people. Stuff like that.
Hopefully I won't be in combat with my path of choice, but what happens happens. I can handle myself. (:
I know I'll have internet at times. Just not time for a mmo.
Old 04/10/2012, 00:10   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Admin]Snuggle View Post
a simple design for $5, a whole retexture for $15 or something.
This way would be a great way to keep evrything fine , but whom donate on a server wont do it evrytime on evry server so as there is alot of kids that plays or not to say kids alot of ppl that cant donate wich make the admin overprice the donation system.

In evrything else , I agree with you.

Cheers
Old 04/10/2012, 00:45   #8

^ Or you can can get a graphical designer *cough cough me* on your team and get epic design for free.
Thanks
2 Users