Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 01:00

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

A Problem ?

Discussion on A Problem ? within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Unhappy A Problem ?

Hi, Sorry if i don't make my post in a wrong section, but i've not find a section for this post.

So, i'm sad...
Why nobody need me for their private server ? Because nobody know me ? Learn to know me ! Add me GS or GM (test) for 1 or 2 days and help me to make my reputation.
I've make a lot of applications to be GS or GM and nobody agree to add me in the staff. I don't understand, for me i've all requirements to be GS or GM.
I'm programmer, i speak English, German and French. I Play shaiya since 3 years (2 years in the OS, 1 year in private server)
I Know how a GS or a GM must respect to make a perfect private server.
I read the rules of the server, i'm present in forums.
I help.

Why you don't want me ?
I'm here if you need, please pm me if you're interested by me !
Sorry if i'm not in the good section.

Sincerely, Demonz54
Old 04/01/2012, 16:25   #2

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,976
Well, to get the position you need to earn it in a server, you need to be active and helpful, in-game and on the forums, it isn't about just applying and that's it, first the server must be in need of staff, then you need to be the best one for the position taking into account your knowledge about the server, how active you are, how helpful and some special requirements servers could have.
Old 04/03/2012, 19:20   #3

its hard to jump in a circle without someone to vouch for you ..... if you want to be a GM make a server and get it up and runnin , become familiar with common db problems and how to update, if you think about it most GM's on private servers are gm/dev/admin/billing/ ???? and what ever else is needed at that time .... also it might help if you list the skills you have learned ... photo shop, SQL , etc etc and anyone can claim to know these make some original armor or weaps and take some screenies to add to your application or recolored what ever your skill level allows
Old 04/04/2012, 01:09   #4

On the topic of GM positions...mind you, I am only speaking for myself, but I am sure others are the same.

Unless I know a person personally, asking me for a GM spot on a server is like asking a mime his name. You will get no response.

When I am selecting my staff, knowing a person carries much weight. I dont give a **** about what players know an applicant, I dont give a **** what servers they have held a staff spot on before---Hell, I dont give a **** if they are the Pope himself.

If I can not reach out and slap you in the head when you mess up---I dont want you under a GM tag.

GS spots are slightly different. However, I will force a player to play and be active on a daily basis on our server for at least 30 days before I will even look at an application.

Every server is different. As such, you need to know that server and the features of it (as well as the flaws) explicitly. Past experiences are irrelevant unless they were on the specific server you are applying for.

You need to know the staff, the players (both factions; A one track mind is as useful as a screen door on a submarine), and the server as though you play no other. In my mind, only then should you even consider a run at a staff spot. If you do not know how deep the far end of the pool is, it is best to stay out of the water.

But...this could just be me.
Thanks
1 User