Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 00:36

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

People only want money è.è

Discussion on People only want money è.è within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
People only want money è.è

I know..To keep on a server it requires energies and money but,in those months,and in the past months,it's becoming a trend,to make Private servers,where u can have almost everything for free.Those games get popular really soon,because of their easy and fast way to allow you to pvp.
Everything it's ok but..
After one week or less u play it,the server goes down.
You know...in the last year a lot of ddos attack have been made to most important Shaiya Private servers, but you know..
70% of those attacks have never been happened xD
So what i'm asking for is:
If you need money or want to make money and you see people don't buy "donation items" or don't donate
1) if you can't afford close the server
2) if you can afford it keep alive the server and with some months i'm pretty sure people start to donate (if server have success)

The point of situation is that most of those guys want money and they put down server asking for money because they got ddos attacked .-.
And that's not true xD
They only want money!

Let's make a supposition.
You start a server, u get attacked.Your server is down.

When u create a Ps.,you must know what u are going to do.
So you must know there's the possibility you get attack.
So why asking money to players after u get attacked?
You should have made the possible before!
For example,let's talk bout UBER SHAIYA
They wrote on their website:

Code:
Server is curently down because of DDOS attack 
we plan to get dedicated server with DDOS protection 

if you want support and help this server please send your donation we will reward you with our donation point in-game 

Target Amount: $500
That's the perfect example...(WFT is a dedicate server with DDoS protection?)
Why should people help your server?
Not a lot of ppl was in there and this server is not up since a long time so,
who are you asking money to?
If it was a server with 300 ppl that plays from 2 years on this server, i could understand but..this have no sense.
And anyway i think protection is the most important part of a server.
So you should have thought before put server up to have an adeguate protection.
anyway my speech doesn't go anywhere.
But maybe someone understood what i wanted to say..Bye!
Old 01/10/2012, 03:44   #2

What many fail to understand is both the nature of a DDOS attack, the very little that can be done to avoid it, and the cost of protecting yourself against.

In the above example, I can nearly guarantee from personal experience with the "usual attacker" that the "target amount" was what was asked for by the attacker to leave the server alone.

Some servers (Absolution, for example) were well established before the attacks became so common, as such, little thought was put into it, as it was not a major threat.

However, the cost of DDOS mitigation is quite extreme. For examples, check out places such as BlackLotus DDOS Protected servers. Also check out DDOS mitigation services and the costs listed.

Very few will be able to cover these costs from the start.

Usually, I would have ignored this post, but one line caught my attention.

Quote:
70% of those attacks have never been happened xD
It is assumptions such as this that cast a negative shadow on those who are truly dealing with the attacks. Personally, without direct and personal knowledge of a servers situation, I would never have the audacity to make such a claim against a server.

What I can say is that since I have closed Absolution, and withdrawn from the hosting scene, I have seen and heard so many rumors about the closing of Absolution and other servers as of late that it is surreal.

Never assume anything, most of the time, the "assumer" just ends up looking like an ass. And yes, I know "assumer" is not a word.

While I can understand the frustration by the community with the attacks, I can assure you that the admin's of these servers are 10 times more irritated with the current threat of attack than any player. Especially those with a few years in the scene, and into a server.

While you may have knowledge of a few servers who may have faked an attack for the sake of quick cash, your claim of 70% is quite ballsy, and very inaccurate. You must have been quite popular amongst server admins to have gathered such direct knowledge /rolls eyes
Thanks
5 Users
Old 01/10/2012, 18:45   #3

This isn't true, granted some servers are like that. The $500 thing though will not get you DDoS protection, not even for one month with the strength of these attacks going around private servers at the minute. Nemesis also has been around for over a year now, and there was no such thing as servers getting DDoS attacked, now it is one of them things. Unless you're willing to throw away thousands of pounds a month (and by this i mean over £40,000) then expect DDoS attacks, because people that do it just don't care about the hard work that SOME servers do put into their servers. But oh well that's life, but don't make the mistake of thinking every server is the same.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 01/11/2012, 01:33   #4

I wasn't talking bout a specific server .-.
I got uber shaiya example just because it was tyhe one i was playing with.
And guess what?
They are online again now!
Anyway yeah maybe most of you have been hacked for true (i wasn't talking bout old servers for example Nemesis in this case) but new servers..This was the problem..
New people make them as business.
You know how many NEW servers have been online in the last months?
And how many closed after a week?
I don't think a real ["(<hacker>)"] would attack a neo server.
Neither the stupid one kid who know something bout and can do it would do it on a neo server.
You can look for a lot of pservers even here on epvp and click on their link, site not available then look at who posted the server info and .-.
Who want to understand understand..
Anyway wasn't my intention to say that lot of you who have been attacked invented it.
I wasn't saying this..I'm talking bout new servers who beg ppl for money telling stories bout best protection etc etc.
You have to work get money and build an house.
You can't think to build a house, then one day someone destroy it and you beg ppl for money to recontruct it stronger than before...
The point is this..That's what i was saying..
Old 01/11/2012, 10:30   #5

you talk like you know everthing about shaiya p-server,

why not you setup your own p-server.. let see what happen
Old 01/11/2012, 14:01   #6

No one from Dev and shaiya admin beg for money /Developer lose he time and energy to create server /Admin pay for host and this its not keep starting from 70-80 $ per month and all server was down by ddos not all but almost(maybe server got no player's so you lose money to keep it up).And about UBER SHAIYA i dont thing he going beg for money keep it for him bcause he spend his money to keep server up. This is all what i want to say .

Sorry for me bad english.
I hope you understood what i sayd.
Old 01/12/2012, 01:54   #7

I understand the point you're trying to make, at the end of the day it is up to people where they invest their money, and no one can tell anyone to do, it is a case of free will.
One bad apple doesn't mean the whole barrel is rotten.