Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 08:21

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Creating a second server and linking it

Discussion on Creating a second server and linking it within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Creating a second server and linking it

I have been experimenting with creating a second shaiya server, but I have been unsuccessful in determining how to set it up. Would 2 sets of serverside files be needed or only modifications to files? Would it require a virtual machine to be installed on the server? Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading and I do apologize if this is the wrong section.
Old 12/11/2011, 22:46   #2

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,977
Never tried to do this myself, yet, I'm pretty sure that you need two sets of files, both connected to the same IP (obviously) but on the INI files you would need to add the name of the server and such; only thing is that, as both would be connected to the same database, drops would be the same, only thing you could change about this would be the rates...
Old 12/12/2011, 01:10   #3

Thank you for the quick reply! That doesnt seem to be the setup that I want. I would like the servers to differ in various forms. For instance 1 would be ep5 and the other would be ep4. So it would require 2 different databases and I'm not quite sure how to "install" the second set of files as windows reads the 2 separate ps_game.exe's as the same process and only runs one instance. Would renaming them work?
Old 12/12/2011, 03:25   #4

in order to make a second server you need 2 servers running with seperate IP on each server but share the same ps_login.exe

Thanks
4 Users
Old 12/12/2011, 07:41   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHeatz View Post
Never tried to do this myself, yet, I'm pretty sure that you need two sets of files, both connected to the same IP (obviously) but on the INI files you would need to add the name of the server and such; only thing is that, as both would be connected to the same database, drops would be the same, only thing you could change about this would be the rates...
i myself at one time had 2 servers up on my server selection and used the same db conection BUT make a copy of the gamedefs and name it gamdefs2 or something like that and in all ini's were it stipulates the db section and conection change all ps_gamedefs to what you saved your sec db as and it will call the info from that db and let you keep the same login name and pass as the originial first server
Old 12/17/2011, 22:06   #6

If you do well, you'll need to virtualization, for example based on Hyper-V and 2 static ip