Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 20:43

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Character Model Combining

Discussion on Character Model Combining within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,161
Character Model Combining

I am trying to combine a model with another texture. I have chosen a model and a texture that look good together and renamed them properly (humf_torso099.dds and mmuf_torso099.3ds), also created a new row in the humf_upper.mlt, but unfortunately it doesnt work. The preview in the humf_upper.mlt doesnt show a 3D Preview, tried to equip it ingame and it doesnt show anything. What am I missing or doing wrong?
Old 11/22/2011, 19:29   #2

Make sure you have the edited files where they should be, so if it is a Human armour piece for example the dds/3dc files shoul be found in Data/Character/Human/DDS or 3DC, also check that the names of these files are the exact same as those which you have edited into the .mlt files. Also check that the Custom armours model in the Item.SData is the same as the newly created Top in the upper.mlt file, hope this helped
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/22/2011, 19:43   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Boss View Post
Make sure you have the edited files where they should be, so if it is a Human armour piece for example the dds/3dc files shoul be found in Data/Character/Human/DDS or 3DC, also check that the names of these files are the exact same as those which you have edited into the .mlt files. Also check that the Custom armours model in the Item.SData is the same as the newly created Top in the upper.mlt file, hope this helped
The files are located in the right folders, the names in the .mlt are correctly entered as I copy/pasted the filenames including extensions. I can select the Custom Armor in the Item.SData when creating a new Armor, but it doesnt give me a 3D Preview which means that something is wrong.
Thanks for the fast reply though
Old 11/22/2011, 22:55   #4

Yes I was dealing with your shStudio. What I have done is that I have picked a model and a texture, copied them and renamed them to make new Male and Female Fighter Upper Armors.
<Just what randomly popped up in my mind, could it be that it wasnt working because I forgot to add the female version to the huwf_upper.mlt?>
I have just finished and tested the male part, it wasnt working.. So my tought is that I should have added the female version too as it then completes a set of upper armors, but then why didnt it preview the armor in the .mlt?
For some reason the graphic files are incorrect.
Old 11/23/2011, 07:04   #5

Then is there a highest allowed number I can use to name my new gear files? I have chosen 099, this seems to be the issue. I didnt want to name it 014 so there wouldnt be any problems when a new gear comes out.
Old 11/23/2011, 17:32   #6

No, no, name doesnt effect it, I wonder why it does this :O
Old 11/25/2011, 15:01   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Boss View Post
No, no, name doesnt effect it, I wonder why it does this :O
Have no idea either, maybe I have to use humf textures for humf models and huwf textures for huwf models, because I used the humf_013.dds for both male and female models. This is the only thing I could think off.