Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 19:54

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

DB Pw change, Ps_blas refuse to switch

Discussion on DB Pw change, Ps_blas refuse to switch within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
DB Pw change, Ps_blas refuse to switch

----------------------
nvm password issued, I figured it out
----------------------

I changed the default 'sa' password for my database for obvious security reasons. I also changed the passwords in the "ini" file for the PSMsvmgr.exe.

I've been looking at the logs for ps_session ps_userlog ps_whatever, and they are all saying they are trying to connect with the old, default, password and becasue it does not work, it shuts down the exe and dissalows startup.

I've tried directly changing the password in the INI file, but I dont know how to encrypt the password for that, and also via the psm server manager program.

Neither have worked.

----------------------
nvm password issued, I figured it out
----------------------

I also have a question about IP setup for running your server online and not local. Do i use the 127 loop back ip in all the fields but the "sv_publicip" field? or do i use my local 192.168 ip?

and for the publicip field do I use my external IP?

Also, I cant seem to get my client to connect over the internet. I think I'm not changing the right ip in the 5.3.exe file, I'll keep messing around.

Thanks for the help