Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 17:28

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[HELP]having problem getting MSQL to install

Discussion on [HELP]having problem getting MSQL to install within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[HELP]having problem getting MSQL to install

Hello all i am very new to setting up a server i have doen this once and it workd but my laptop got stolen so doing it again

ok so i am running Windows 7 and want to get an EP 5 server up or even an ep 4 server at this point i jsut want MSQL to work

i have no interest in opening a public server so putting me down for not knowing what i am doing is not going to help thanks.

so my problem is i am using Omgas guide to set this all up and when i download and install the MSQL when it goes through System Configuration Check i get all green checks but one and its "ASP .Net Version Registration Required" instead of a green check its a yellow triangle with ! in middle in the message it says

* ASP .Net Version Registration Requirment
*Failed to Find the ASP .Net Version Registration with Microsoft internet information Services (IIS)

can someone either walk me through fixing htis or give me a link to somone who has explained it before

my entire goal is to set up a server i can personaly play on at some point let 2 of my firends join me i have no intention of opening a public server and would be so greatfull if somone could add me on skype and just walk me through this whole thing i know i am a noob and i know i should know this stuff better but please somone help me out and if there is post like this before i am sorry everytime i try to use the searth featur it says page cannot be displayed and searching google just frustrated me more
Old 07/17/2011, 00:46   #2

Received Thanks: 1,777
You need .net, and omegas guide is for EP4.
Old 07/17/2011, 01:00   #3

ok how do i get .net?

if anyone can help me get all this done would be very greatfull can add me on skype mosesjones1221
Old 07/17/2011, 01:07   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesjones View Post
ok how do i get .net?
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/17/2011, 02:33   #5

sorry this did not work as i have ASP .Net downloaded and installed so that is not the problem ....can someone let me know if there is guide using 2008 think i managed to get it installed correctly