Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 17:05

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[HELP]SQL Server Manager 2008, cant explore the dbo.

Discussion on [HELP]SQL Server Manager 2008, cant explore the dbo. within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[HELP]SQL Server Manager 2008, cant explore the dbo.

Hello everyone, i have a problem with SQL Manager 2008.
Usually when i want to open a table (i.e dbo.items) i right-click it and hit Edit so i can change the items inside, theyr name or grade etc. with SQL Manger 2008 i dont have the Edit Option o.O i got only "Select the top 1000 Rows" and "Edit the top 200 Rows".

Any Idea?

Ty
Old 07/10/2011, 22:54   #2

You can do it with the Edit Top 200 Rows option.

When you go to that page, click on the button on the top bar that is a small square with the letters "SQL" in it. Hovering over the button it says "Show SQL Pane". Clicking on that button takes you to the query. You can change the TOP 200 to anything you want, as well as add a WHERE clause to the statement to filter results. Once you have changed the query to your liking, click on the red exclamation point button and it will run.

Now if you made your query properly you should see what you want to edit.

Another option is to change the default to Edit All Rows. You can do this by going to Tools -> Options. Then click on SQL Sever Object Explorer. You should see something like this:
Code:
Value for Edit Top <n> Rows Command  200
Just change the 200 to zero and click ok, and it will default to editing all rows.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/10/2011, 23:11   #3

Done, it worked. Tyvm man