Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 23:08

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Server works over internet but not locally - "Failed to connect to game server!!!"

Discussion on Server works over internet but not locally - "Failed to connect to game server!!!" within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Server works over internet but not locally - "Failed to connect to game server!!!"

Hey guys, you probably clicked on this getting ready to tell me to use search and stop being such a noob, rest assured, I have searched and found nobody with this same issue.

So I've recently set up a private server and tested it, it is 100% operational. Except for the small fact that I cannot connect to it on the same system as the server. I have the public IP set to a WAN IP and my other testers can connect without an issue in the world, the server works perfectly. I even made them their own accounts.

I can login to the server with my own account perfectly fine, but when I click the server name, and press OK to proceed to the character screen (or faction screen etc) I get the message "failed to connect to game server!!!" which I have heard is caused by having "whatismyip.com" in the Public IP region of the "ps_game.ini".

I have my public IP set to my WAN IP address. I have tested it with my localhost address (127.0.0.1) and I can connect just fine.

I have also tried using three differently hexed game.exe's:

One of them has my localhost IP, which launches the game and logs in, but receives message "failed to connect to game server!!!"

The next has my LAN IP (192.168.0.2) and I get the same thing.

The last is the .exe I give to other clients, the one with my WAN IP. This one refuses to launch the game, giving the "check notice board" error as if the server was down.

If anybody can shed some light on this situation it would be much appreciated. Even just telling me that I can't connect to the server on the same system, would be helpful. Cheers!

FIXED. CHECK POST #15 FOR MY SOLUTION!
Old 06/23/2011, 17:54   #2

Old 06/23/2011, 17:56   #3

I heard this problem many many times . Everybody saids same thing "if this server not for local pc you can't connect it from same system" I don't know it's true or not but I don't know a way for connect
Old 06/23/2011, 18:02   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Candyman View Post
Please use the Search Button !
Please read my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Churp
"I have searched and found nobody with this same issue."
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/23/2011, 18:51   #5

Old 06/23/2011, 19:24   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Candyman View Post
Then you searched not right

but you have to check the ip's in your .ini's
I don't think you understand me. Other users can connect fine, my server works fine, it is just that I am having this issue on my local machine. If I change the IP in the ini file to 127.0.0.1 it WORKS FINE. But others cannot connect if I do that. Please read my post in future before making useless replies. I have checked GamePublicIP and it is set to, well you guessed it, my public IP. I have two GM's and they can both connect fine, one is in England and one is in America. I am trying to connect from the server machine and can't do it. I was just wondering if there was a way to connect.
Old 06/23/2011, 19:35   #7

elite*gold: 10
then when you run it from your PC just run it with the local ip
and could you tell me what is your game version ?
Old 06/23/2011, 20:00   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0CK7Y View Post
then when you run it from your PC just run it with the local ip
and could you tell me what is your game version ?
It doesn't work like that I'm afraid. You can only have 1 public IP in the .ini file.
And I am using the EP4.5 client.

Please..seriously..read my post before assuming things guys, this is annoying enough without people giving me the standard stuff. I have searched correctly, and if you read my post you will know that my server works, and that I have tried multiple game.exe's which can LOGIN but not connect to the game server.
Old 06/23/2011, 20:12   #9

look you have 2 ip's in the game.exe one of them must be local and i think its from your game.exe check it again or upload it here
the first ip i think it become after the Config.ini its must be the local ip : 127.0.0.1
and the second one must be the used ip in the ini file
Old 06/23/2011, 20:16   #10

From what you've stated so far, we can eliminate the IP address, port forwarding, and fire wall as problems.

To me it sounds like a loopback error within your network, and you might have to do some research on your make/model of router to see if other users have experienced the same problem.

Here is an example of what I'm talking about, not directly related to your problem though as they are dealing with a web server:

I think the security section of that article is most likely to apply to your case.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/23/2011, 20:22   #11

Quote:
look you have 2 ip's in the game.exe one of them must be local and i think its from your game.exe check it again or upload it here
the first ip i think it become after the Config.ini its must be the local ip : 127.0.0.1
and the second one must be the used ip in the ini file
Well I don't really know what you're talking about, so here's my game.exe I guess. Ignore the name of it, that's just because I have a lot of them from testing.

If you want me to post anything else here, just ask. Thanks for helping ^^
Old 06/23/2011, 20:37   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrasive View Post
From what you've stated so far, we can eliminate the IP address, port forwarding, and fire wall as problems.

To me it sounds like a loopback error within your network, and you might have to do some research on your make/model of router to see if other users have experienced the same problem.

Here is an example of what I'm talking about, not directly related to your problem though as they are dealing with a web server:

I think the security section of that article is most likely to apply to your case.
Thanks abrasive, this sounds like it might be going in the right direction, but then again it's not like I can't log into the server, I managed to log in using my user name and password. Only after that getting onto the actual game server do I have problems. Although that could mean pretty much nothing

I had a quick skim through my router settings and didn't find anything jumping out at me about what this article is saying. Frankly I am baffled and it would seem like I'd have to access the server from a completely different network which would be out of the question under current (and normal) circumstances. I'm going to try and edit the HOSTs file as mentioned later in the article right now.
Old 06/23/2011, 20:40   #13

i know u didn't understand i can't tell u right :P

anyway look now what did i mean the first ip is this :

u can make it local (127.0.0.1) or whatever u want.

the next one try to make it your IP make sure its after the number : 217.111.23.8
Thanks
2 Users
Old 06/23/2011, 20:50   #14

Quote:
i know u didn't understand i can't tell u right :P

anyway look now what did i mean the first ip is this :

u can make it local (127.0.0.1) or whatever u want.

the next one try to make it your IP make sure its after the number : 217.111.23.8
I made sure I did this exactly right and it didn't work. It brought up a weird keyboard above the login, that's all that did. O_o

I am using this client:

Also I should mention now that editing my HOSTS file did nothing, adding:
127.0.0.1 [MY IP]
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/23/2011, 23:36   #15

**FIXED**

I did some research on others that had the problem here in some unsolved topics. I heard about the Microsoft Loopback Adapter. If anybody is reading this and has been having the same issue, read on for the fix.

Step 1: Go to Run. Type in "hdwwiz.exe" and press enter.

Step 2: Select "Install the hardware that I manually select from a list" and press next.

Step 3: Scroll down to Network Adapters, press next.

Step 4: Click on Microsoft as the manufacturer, and choose the Microsoft Loopback adapter as the network adapter.

Step 5: Click next twice. Now the adapter is installed.

Step 6: Go to your network connections. (Not sure how to do this on all Windows. For Windows 7, go to control panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center, and on the left panel click "Change Adapter Settings". You should now see a list of your network adapters)

Step 7: Right click the Microsoft Loopback adapter and select properties.

Step 8: Untick everything except for Internet Protocol Version 4 (Or TCP/IP/IPv4)

Step 9: Click on the properties for the only thing ticked, choose to "Use the following IP address"

Step 10: In IP address, enter your WAN IP (), in Subnet Mask, enter 255.255.255.0

Step 11: Click on "Advanced..."

Step 12: Go onto the WINS tab.

Step 13: At the bottom, disable NetBIOS over TCP/IP.

Step 14: **IMPORTANT** Close out of everything so that the properties window is not there anymore.

Step 15: Instead of hex editing 127.0.0.1 into your game.exe, hex edit your "whatismyip.com" address instead. Now if you have been having the same problem as me, BOTH YOU AND YOUR CLIENTS WILL BE ABLE TO CONNECT!
Thanks
4 Users