Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 11:58

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

I am trying to set up a personal use server

Discussion on I am trying to set up a personal use server within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
I am trying to set up a personal use server

Alright, so as the title says, I am trying to set up a server for my own soul use so that I can readily check out different links and such with GM powers. I am currently using a Virtual Box with a partition with Windows XP, I am using, for the most part, files from jamessimpler's guide, however i used [GM]Banes DB files. I am using the 2008 R2 enterprise SQL server. So, now, coming to the problem, 1st, when i start the services it actually starts with Log, rather then session, i looked further and found out it is actually a problem with PS_Session from what i can tell, but I am not sure where in that vast expanse of room for error the problem could possibly come about. Now, a problem I have as well, is when i attempt to change the "your-db-username' and 'your-db-userpassword' and execute the query (the guide i was looking at didnt exactly say i had too, and Im not sure if i do seeing how as its a home personal test server) it says "Msg 4701 Line 16, line 1, 9," then something about not having permission to, or, the GameAccountTBL is non existant, during the SQL new installation. also, im not sure what username and password to put in exactly, i would assume its my sql DB one, which i tried, but it doesnt seem to work correctly,
any help would be great and i assume everything i just wrote is a touch and a half confusing, kinda wrote this after staying up 5 hours working on it, thankyou in advance to anyone who even gives this 2 seconds
Oh, and is there any other way to set up a personal use server that doesnt involve running through SQL?