Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 04:09

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[HELP] Item Mall Issue

Discussion on [HELP] Item Mall Issue within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[HELP] Item Mall Issue

So here we go. I updated the premium package to 0 points. I rebuilt the original data file with the edited data file. I updated the database to 0 points. It even displays as 0 points. However, When i went to purchase the package it gave me insufficient points.

After running the script to add points I went to purchase the edited package (just cost was edited). After hitting purchase, the original points value (3999) was deducted from my points and i was DC'd from the server. Can i get a little help with this, it would be much appreciated.

V-A
Old 05/10/2011, 00:15   #2

Received Thanks: 3,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Aequitas View Post
So here we go. I updated the premium package to 0 points. I rebuilt the original data file with the edited data file. I updated the database to 0 points. It even displays as 0 points. However, When i went to purchase the package it gave me insufficient points.

After running the script to add points I went to purchase the edited package (just cost was edited). After hitting purchase, the original points value (3999) was deducted from my points and i was DC'd from the server. Can i get a little help with this, it would be much appreciated.

V-A
according some posts you must enable & start the MSDTC service ... it works w/o that, I just insert that remarks coz you'll have that response.

what seems true is that the ps_game uses a channel different that the ""standard"" one to communicate with MSSQL when it process such transaction (what is std & what is used at that moment is not perfectly known, so let say you have to enable TCP & shared mem & named channels under the SQL svr conf manager to avoid potential error.

then, when the ps_game crashes it often (not always) logs the error in PSM_CLient/Bin/Log, if you find something like "missing table" or "fail to execute ups_Something" you'll have the reason.
Old 05/10/2011, 02:15   #3

im not entirely sure what happened, the log did not show either of the mentioned items. I rebooted my pc and restarted the services. Now i can buy my 0 points item with no DC. That seems a little strange.
Old 06/13/2011, 04:12   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Aequitas View Post
im not entirely sure what happened, the log did not show either of the mentioned items. I rebooted my pc and restarted the services. Now i can buy my 0 points item with no DC. That seems a little strange.
(you've probably figured this out by now or no longer care but...in case others stumble on this issue...) What that means is simply the need to restart the game service whenever you make "big" changes like that. Just so you know.

I have had to do that when only making some changes in the db's to get them to show up in-game.