Welcome to the first version of my Shaiya Radar tool.
Here are some screenshots of what to expect:
I sat around one night thinking of ideas that could make my server unique. I came up with “radar”. After considering the implications, I thought this was such an awesome idea for the game as a whole, I couldn’t just contain it to one server.
I am pretty excited about this tool. Not just because this improves game play greatly, but this project offered me the chance to break out of my coding shell and work on a different type of project than I normally do.
When I first thought of making this available to every server, I was concerned it would spark controversy.
This tool is not an all-powerful-I’m-going-to-win tool. This tool augments the game, it doesn’t ruin it.
You might ask, what does it do then? The program reads the memory of your game to determine players around you. The server does not send the entire map to the client, so you usually don’t get all the players. What you do get is all the players just a little ways out of clipping range.
I felt that the way this radar tool was designed, it was classy. It didn’t threaten the integrity of the game.
So, I hope you all can enjoy it.
There are several possible screens when the program starts.
- No game exe was detected. If the program didn’t detect the game exe it will present you with three options.
- Rescan: This is for when the exe wasn’t started and you want to rescan for it. Useful for when the game is in full screen mode.
- Update and Scan: This is for changing the name of the game exe on the fly. This setting will save to the config file for next launch.
- Reset Settings: This sets all the settings back to default. I’ve found this useful when my config file gets in a bad state.
- More than one game exe detected. If the radar detects more than one game exe, it will give you the option to choose between them, based on Process ID.
- Radar starts. The program detected only one game exe.
Once the program is running each player will show up as either a red, white or orange dot.
The configuration file is required, as well as having the radar tool in the same file as the game exe
- Red: Opposing faction
- White: Same faction
- Orange: Undetermined. Unfortunately the faction is not always accurate when I have positional data. So, I decided to make them a neutral color. When the program can determine a positive faction, it will update the color.
. This is because I search the game exe for required offsets. When the tool is closed it will save the changes you made. If the tool ever has a problem starting, try to reset the settings.
For the most part you shouldn’t need to change the configuration file. The tool will save the settings on exit.
- OffsetOverride1: This needs to be ‘0x00000000’ or have a valid offset of the required pointer. This is a fallback just in case the client exe gets updated and I can release the offset instead of having to update the tool.
- OffsetOverride2: For the radar tool to work, it needs two offsets, this is number two. It is handled like the above offset.
- GameExe: This is the name of the game exe. (without ‘.exe’)
- RadarOpacity: This is the checkbox with no label
- (True) Radar background see-through.]
- (False) Radar background is not see-through.
- RadarFaction: This is a three position button. (0,1,2)
- Red(0): Display opposite faction only.
- White(1): Display same faction only.
- Both(2): Display both factions.
- RadarRotate: There are two states to this button.
- (True)Compass rotates and your view angle is fixed.
- (False)Compass is fixed and your view angle rotates.
- RadarSize: This changes the size of the background. There are four different sizes available.(0,1,2,3)
- Debug: I used this during development to control debug output.(True,False)
I expect this to work on every pserver and OS, simply fill out the correct exe name. If you find a pserver that it doesn't work on, send me the details and I will investigate.
If you find any bugs post them here or send me a PM. This is a first release and there are bound to be bugs. I will fix the major ones asap and update the program with a note.
Due to the methods that are being used to read memory, the radar program must run as an administrator. This is unavoidable. The radar program should want to start as an admin automatically.
There might be an issue with identifying fury on fury. I will verify this and investigate a fix.
Q. Can you make the radar see further?
A. No, this is a hard limitation by the server. The radar picks up all the available data that is possible.
Q. Can this radar see stealth?
Q. Will I get banned if I use this?
A. This program runs client side and is undetectable by the server. This program is also non-invasive, it only reads memory, it doesn't actually do anything to the game exe. If you are overly concerned, you shouldn't specifically state you use the program in game, since GMs can read all of your chat. A lot of pservers support this release, if you really want to know, ask the GM. OS, is another story, I don't know if they support this or not (It would be nice if they did!!)
Problem: Radar keeps crashing when I start it.
Solution: The radar program can crash for several reasons. I will list all the possible solutions here.
1. Make sure the config file is located in the same directory as the Radar program.
2. Start the radar program with no game running and 'Reset Settings'
- Multi process start bug - Fixed
- Added more error handling
- Added zip download
This is an epvp exclusive release. You should direct people to this thread for a download, this ensures they will receive the legit program.
Thank you for the support and enjoy!