Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Browsergames > Seafight
You last visited: Today at 04:25

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Info] SF Policy against bots

Discussion on [Info] SF Policy against bots within the Seafight forum part of the Browsergames category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Post [Info] SF Policy against bots

1.2.9 The use of games and services is permitted only through a web browser or other tools provided by Bigpoint or expressly admitted ( " prohibition of use of unauthorized script" ) . This means in particular: the use of programs which cause excessive server load is prohibited. The use of software in order to systematically or automatically control games or functions of isolated games ( Bots, Macros ) , reproduction or evaluation games, game components or content disclosed on the portal is prohibited.
1.2.10 No person shall operate a bug or a programming error . Bugs should be reported immediately in the forum or by e -mail .

Your account is locked for a certain period, however, Bigpoint reserves the right to permanently delete your access :

8.3 Termination major reason for
In general, it can not reasonably be required to continue the contract Bigpoint among others in the following cases :
if the user violates criminal laws
if the user violates the prohibition of having multiple accounts (see point 1.2 . ) provided in the rules of the game some games Bigpoint
if the user violates the prohibition of Pushing (see point 1.2 )
if the user violates the prohibition of use of non- authorized scripts (see point 1.2 )
if the user violates the prohibition of use of programs defects (bugs ) (see point 1.2 )
if the user enters false information upon registration ( application form for subscription, see point 2) or through the payment of Premium Features (see section 7.1).

If you decide to take advice from a lawyer , our legal department is providing this one to bring him proof of your failure to comply with terms and conditions listed above.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/03/2013, 17:05   #2

elite*gold: 26
what you want say with this?
Old 12/03/2013, 17:24   #3

When you use the bot you're violating this specific terms of seafight agreements, you have more chance of bein block then to be permanently block
Old 12/03/2013, 17:38   #4

elite*gold: 105
Received Thanks: 1,133
People need to understand though, that these terms have been the same for years.
And for years, people have used bots and not been banned - fact is although they Can ban/terminate boats, they won't unless they can prove you are indeed using cheats/exploits.
That is why, when players are reported for shiny botting, the player isn't banned - because there is no actual proof. Fyi, Videos do not give enough proof neither, as they can be edited. (Thats why people who used the Range cheat didn't get banned).

From what I understand/been told, there is only a few ways in which you can be banned for botting
- Caught by the Bot Detection Script (I personally havn't heard of anyone on my server being caught by this - ever).
- Using the bot for too long, or like a schedule, I.e 20 hours a day, 7 days a week, as this is physically impossible to play that long without breaks that regularly. (I know of people on my server banned for this).
- BigPoint employee (not mod) caught the boat botting (Again, never seen this on my server).
- Short bans for "suspected botting" (1-7days) (Only seen this two or three times).

All other bans, on my server at least, come from mainly the following:
- Sharing accounts - yes, this gets people banned on my server.
- Having more voodoo cannons than purchased.
- extreme breaking of the chat rules, i.e racism, real life threats, etc
- Having huge amounts of gold on your boat (about 15bill + on my server)
- Any other exploit which leaves a trace in the logbook
- Cancelling payments

So, It is extremely hard to be banned for botting, at least at this current time it is. Just don't use it to much and you should be fine..

That's my thoughts anyway...
xRiddi
Thanks
8 Users
Old 12/03/2013, 17:41   #5

elite*gold: 26
seafight are very very corrupt ... !!!
Old 12/03/2013, 18:17   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMI[69] View Post
seafight are very very corrupt ... !!!
We know, look at bokor cup, is not random, is a big ****.
Old 12/03/2013, 20:15   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRiDDi View Post
People need to understand though, that these terms have been the same for years.
And for years, people have used bots and not been banned - fact is although they Can ban/terminate boats, they won't unless they can prove you are indeed using cheats/exploits.
That is why, when players are reported for shiny botting, the player isn't banned - because there is no actual proof. Fyi, Videos do not give enough proof neither, as they can be edited. (Thats why people who used the Range cheat didn't get banned).

From what I understand/been told, there is only a few ways in which you can be banned for botting
- Caught by the Bot Detection Script (I personally havn't heard of anyone on my server being caught by this - ever).
- Using the bot for too long, or like a schedule, I.e 20 hours a day, 7 days a week, as this is physically impossible to play that long without breaks that regularly. (I know of people on my server banned for this).
- BigPoint employee (not mod) caught the boat botting (Again, never seen this on my server).
- Short bans for "suspected botting" (1-7days) (Only seen this two or three times).

All other bans, on my server at least, come from mainly the following:
- Sharing accounts - yes, this gets people banned on my server.
- Having more voodoo cannons than purchased.
- extreme breaking of the chat rules, i.e racism, real life threats, etc
- Having huge amounts of gold on your boat (about 15bill + on my server)
- Any other exploit which leaves a trace in the logbook
- Cancelling payments

So, It is extremely hard to be banned for botting, at least at this current time it is. Just don't use it to much and you should be fine..

That's my thoughts anyway...
xRiddi
Kind a nice to have a person that know's how it works and not some random persons screaming they can ban you whenever they want because they are bigpoint
Old 12/03/2013, 20:39   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatingking View Post
Kind a nice to have a person that know's how it works and not some random persons screaming they can ban you whenever they want because they are bigpoint
I dont have any sort of facts, this is just what I have been told by a few game admins, and what I have witnessed/heard about myself.

So I generally, dont listen to any of these posts which say, Be careful seafight has improved something and banning boats.. Until i see a boat banned for botting myself that is
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/04/2013, 04:56   #9

elite*gold: 98
Received Thanks: 1,019
Quote:
I dont have any sort of facts, this is just what I have been told by a few game admins, and what I have witnessed/heard about myself.

So I generally, dont listen to any of these posts which say, Be careful seafight has improved something and banning boats.. Until i see a boat banned for botting myself that is
2 Other boats got banned again as warning of botting on the dutch server, and trust me ffs smod's/ba's/tl's are allowed to ban you when they login and instantly get logged out again and again due to the bot.. this is one advantage of scar scripts, as they dont relog at the website, and crash more often by getting sunk..
Old 12/04/2013, 05:01   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Wortel View Post
2 Other boats got banned again as warning of botting on the dutch server, and trust me ffs smod's/ba's/tl's are allowed to ban you when they login and instantly get logged out again and again due to the bot.. this is one advantage of scar scripts, as they dont relog at the website, and crash more often by getting sunk..
As I said, although you may indeed be right, I don't believe it until I have seen it myself, or proof that has happened.

And a mod being logged out as they logged in, I just can't see how that is reason for a ban... A player could be on that ship, the mod logs on it, logs the player out, so the player logs back on..
It doesnt take long for the player to do this, so it could appear just as fast as the bot does, or as a lot of people do, the player could have the login information saved in the browser, not even having to type it in, and just login instantly.

Oh, and btw, I did say "Short bans for "suspected botting" (1-7days) (Only seen this two or three times)."
Old 12/04/2013, 05:36   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatingking View Post
Chose to believe what you will, but I personally know three players who were banned for using bots, one was very highly ranked, and permanent. xRiDDi has the most realistic way of looking at this kind of info, and I do the same. I.E., I'll heed a warning, but until it happened to someone I knew, I was not well convinced. That has obviously changed. The fact is BP does ban players. Whether you believe it or not is your own choice, however do not continue to condescend those of us who disagree with you. Remember, only you crowned yourself 'king," none of us are your subjects.
Old 12/04/2013, 09:34   #12

elite*gold: 98
Received Thanks: 1,019
Quote:
As I said, although you may indeed be right, I don't believe it until I have seen it myself, or proof that has happened.

And a mod being logged out as they logged in, I just can't see how that is reason for a ban... A player could be on that ship, the mod logs on it, logs the player out, so the player logs back on..
It doesnt take long for the player to do this, so it could appear just as fast as the bot does, or as a lot of people do, the player could have the login information saved in the browser, not even having to type it in, and just login instantly.

Oh, and btw, I did say "Short bans for "suspected botting" (1-7days) (Only seen this two or three times)."
Again and again and again? I don't think players are doing this when they got logged out all the time, so that can be a bot or a really dumb clueless player..

Tags
seafight against bot