Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Shooter > S4 League
You last visited: Today at 16:13

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

FagNet Debugging

Discussion on FagNet Debugging within the S4 League forum part of the Shooter category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
FagNet Debugging

Hello, I optimized FagNet a little bit but I can't really manage to Debug and Compile it.... Everytime I press F5 to Debug it says there were build errors do you want to continue from the last successful build? When I press yes it runs the FagNetGame.exe but there are no changes at all, How can I tell? Because I changed the Ready for Connections! message to see if it would change. But it doesn't... Can anyone help me please?
Old 12/01/2015, 12:35   #2

elite*gold: 29
You need to look which error the compiler throow out...
Old 12/01/2015, 12:40   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by golle12 View Post
You need to look which error the compiler throow out...
Thanks for replying thomas, but there are alot of errors... I added you on Skype

EDIT: Fixed most errors, all errors I have now is FagNetCore.exe could not be found, ( I dont have it so) and some IPAdress errors..
Old 12/01/2015, 16:45   #4

FagNetCore is a dll not an exe :/
Old 12/01/2015, 16:48   #5

Quote:
FagNetCore is a dll not an exe :/
I know! Thats why I am freaking out. I only have the .dll and not the exe!
Old 12/01/2015, 16:54   #6

elite*gold: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokumvm View Post
I know! Thats why I am freaking out. I only have the .dll and not the exe!

you need no exe "FagNetCore"
Old 12/01/2015, 17:00   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apasp® View Post

you need no exe "FagNetCore"
Then what is this idiot?
Old 12/01/2015, 17:05   #8

The problem is you changed the project settings from dll into exe... . But if you really want to write a private server, than rewrite it completly and write it by your own maybe in c++ because it is faster and better, but if you want to stay in c# you can use it. I´m still writing on a pre-season 1 server in c++ and i know what I´m telling, because the performance from FagNet is really bad and, if you write it by your own, you know what you want to do and you understand it better instead you use an open source from people who said that you need to rewrite it, so you should think about, if you can programming and reversing, if this is not given, then you should learn the basics from both of them and you can continue your project anyway you could get some problems in the future.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/01/2015, 17:21   #9

Quote:
The problem is you changed the project settings from dll into exe... . But if you really want to write a private server, than rewrite it completly and write it by your own maybe in c++ because it is faster and better, but if you want to stay in c# you can use it. I´m still writing on a pre-season 1 server in c++ and i know what I´m telling, because the performance from FagNet is really bad and, if you write it by your own, you know what you want to do and you understand it better instead you use an open source from people who said that you need to rewrite it, so you should think about, if you can programming and reversing, if this is not given, then you should learn the basics from both of them and you can continue your project anyway you could get some problems in the future.
Well idk how I changed it from DLL into exe but maybe you're right, I don't have the C# Requierements to write my own emulator dude. Neither can I Reverse or Program, I'm just editing the source because I'm learning and trying to understand the Language. I think It's a good starter exercise though.. Can we talk on Skype instead of epvp?
Old 12/01/2015, 17:21   #10

elite*gold: 2
Received Thanks: 3,938
I suggest you to give up. A project like this is not for people who don't know how to code and i'm not talking about "yes i can code. i wrote a hello world program".
A project like this needs a lot of experience and knowledge.

Also everyone who tries to work with FagNet and fix it is just stupid. The source is terrible and should be only used as a documentation for the s4 protocol.
Even i didn't use the source for my newer emulator versions.

Quote:
maybe in c++ cause its faster and better
I bet 100€ that my C# code is atleast 3 times faster than your C++ code. C++ doesn't make unoptimized and terrible code magically faster.
Thanks
7 Users
Old 12/01/2015, 17:26   #11

I guess you are right the performance is dependant from the skills of the coder, but I set the condition on the FagNet Source not on your writing skill so sorry for wrong intension...
Old 12/01/2015, 17:35   #12

elite*gold: 130
C# was slower than C++, this had changed over time and both are at the same level. But that your code will run 100 time´s faster is ****. Golle is using pretty sneak and fast code, yes it is still way optimizable but not it wont fit for 100 times.
Old 12/01/2015, 17:51   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrat View Post
C# was slower than C++, this had changed over time and both are at the same level. But that your code will run 100 time´s faster is ****. Golle is using pretty sneak and fast code, yes it is still way optimizable but not it wont fit for 100 times.
Could you be more specific? I can't really understand what you're saying. Except for the fact that C# and C++ are both good And that in C++ the code will run faster is bullshit.
Old 12/01/2015, 17:56   #14

elite*gold: 2
Received Thanks: 3,938
Terrat, you're just thinking about small projects. There is not much to talk about "speed" there.

We can come back to this topic when golle and i have a complete emulator. Would be actually interesting to compare them
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/01/2015, 17:59   #15

this could take a long time and i am not the only one who write a pre- season 1 Emulator...