Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 12:48

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

RS317 Remake For Sale!

Discussion on RS317 Remake For Sale! within the Runescape Trading forum part of the MMORPG Trading category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
RS317 Remake For Sale!

Well, i'm sure a lot of you know of the RS317 project that was begun roughly 5 months ago now. We recently stopped development on it after such good progress. Reason being the team essentially fell apart and we were not so dedicated and excited about finishing off the remake as we initially once were.
After long thought and discussion, it has been decided that to prevent the source gathering dust on the HDD and to allow somebody else the opportunity to finish this off and happily
We decided it best to sell it off and allow other people to finish the project, who have the perseverance. (Even though the vast majority of work has now been practically done for you)

The amount of content and core work done became too much to hold on just the front page alone of the project, so please scroll through the pages also to see the different content added, you can view the project thread for this here:

[/CENTER]

]

A brief description of RS317:
This project was one undertaken with a winterlove framework. Against all odds, we did manage to break the mould and actually make something of the framework for once.
It did take a solid amount of re-writing of core, networking, stream, buffers and basic correction of bad code. But in the end I believe we got there, we managed to pull off some very impressive benchmarks a few days from the launch of the project with the implementation of Netty by our first Core developer [user] 5tuart[/user] which can be seen here:

Please note; these benchmarks were taken before any serious reworkings of networking, core or input methods from the server and we still at that stage were pulling off such amazing results so, what we were achieving 5 months down the line was far beyond comparison with any other WL based server has ever achieved and could compete with Hyperion and Runesource for cycle speed.

Why would using RS317 be beneficial to me?:
RS317, is most likely one of the best performing and most stable, memory efficient WL adaptions of [USER]sanity[/user]'s Project Insanity framework to date.
Not only would this be in terms of the game engine itself, but also in the context of the sheer amount of content added to the source when performing these stability tests and benchmark readings.
In addition to the above; RS317 also has content, rarely ever seen coded into RSPS included. Perfected to a obsessive standard, the source offers a diverse range of content, and functionality ranging from near perfect skilling (To the REAL RS standard) all the way over to perfectly functioning mini-games.
For the user simply looking to have a proper Runescape remake aimed at the 05-06 ERA, this is certainly one of the best and most advanced out there. Very few other projects offering any real contest.
Even for those with opposing endeavours, and looking to revert back to a more classic, tried and tested RSPS fashion, the use of this source can cater to those users as well, giving them the ability to pick and choose between pieces of content to keep, and what to remove and have unreachable. (Although converting this open-world haven into something so terrible would be blasphemous!)

Content?:
The sheer amount of content in this source is too much for me to even begin to describe, but one thing I will make a point to mention which I think is quite important, is that this source features almost 100% ALL REAL RS NPC spawns around the world, and i'm talking about REAL 100%! Big thanks to [user] Mael[/user] for months worth of configuration on those. It also supports this massive amount of NPC data with THOUSANDS of NPC animations, attack styles and definitions loaded via XML. so pretty much almost any npc encountered is fully working and functional to RS standards how they should be. This system also features roughly 151 Real RS shops, which is quite a lot considering they are done correctly, and priced correctly too. They are also already implemented and functional by trading the respective NPC in the in-game context.
We also feature an AMAZING combat system, thanks to [user]Balla_[/user] which is seriously great, took quite a while to do. But in the end came out working really well and majority of bugs have been fixed with it, just needs one or two formula tweaks to be perfected.
Thousands of world doors, gates, ladders, stairs ECT loaded via the cache so as to ensure everything around the world works perfectly to maintain the open world feeling.
I'm going to stop trying to describe the features now, in fear of missing something. But trust me, there is so much. Some of it, people wouldn't of ever even thought to of added. (Proper Dance Following)

Interested?:
Price will be discussed in person, if your interested in investing in a copy of this source, please contact me via Skype or epvp inbox
Please be aware that all deserving members will profit from your purchase.

Credits:
Faris
[USER]'Spike[/USER]
[USER]Mael[/USER]
[USER]Arrowzftw[/USER]
[USER]Balla_[/USER]
[USER]5tuart[/USER]
[USER]ByteBlast[/USER]

Please, keep any off-topic questions and opinions off of this thread as i have a feeling this will generate a lot of it, if you want to talk about something i'll be happy to answer any question via PM.

Sold for $80
Old 11/02/2012, 04:06   #2

bump taking rsgp also
Old 02/24/2013, 16:29   #3 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

Why is the last image a completely different gameframe and an another user?
Old 08/24/2014, 22:28   #4

Selling ONE last copy!
Must go!
add me on skype: thee_lion