Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 16:47

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Old Rohan [Comming Soon]

Discussion on Old Rohan [Comming Soon] within the Rohan forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Old Rohan [Comming Soon]

Hi there,

I'm setting up a lvl 99 rohan server and i need some feedback on the things i want to do.

Ofcourse the lvl cap will be 99. Unfortunately the files for a vanilla 99 server are nowhere to be found so i will be downgrading a lvl 110 server to 99. This still means that there will be no hero skills but there will be minor UI garbage on the place where hero skills used to be.

The server will be focused on PvPing, giving reward points to those who like to RPK. Those points will be used to gear your character and won't be availabe for purchase.

This being said, here's the brief setup for the two shops available on the website:

Item Mall will contain costumes, mounts, growth items and preservation stones
Honor Mall will contain everything else : skill stones, buff scrolls, option stones, pets, pet food and so on. More exactly: almost everything that usually made the donors OP.

Ugh, that's about it.
Let me know what you think.

P.S. I don't want to make this server a pay to win server but there are bills to be paid. That's why there are Preservation Stones in the Item Mall. If the income is high enough to pay for the bills the preservation stones will be moved to the Honor Mall.

The costumes won't give any kind of stats. They'll be fashion items lasting 7 days.
Old 05/17/2015, 13:33   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfRohan View Post
Ugh, that's about it.

P.S. I don't want to make this server a pay to win server but there are bills to be paid. That's why there are Preservation Stones in the Item Mall. If the income is high enough to pay for the bills the preservation stones will be moved to the Honor Mall.
what bills?

host bill? domain bill? dev service bill? Internet service bill? car tax bill? creditcard bill? phones bill? house bills?
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/17/2015, 13:37   #3

elite*gold: 33
The Black Market: 100/0/2
Quote:
Hi there,

I'm setting up a lvl 99 rohan server and i need some feedback on the things i want to do.

Ofcourse the lvl cap will be 99. Unfortunately the files for a vanilla 99 server are nowhere to be found so i will be downgrading a lvl 110 server to 99. This still means that there will be no hero skills but there will be minor UI garbage on the place where hero skills used to be.

The server will be focused on PvPing, giving reward points to those who like to RPK. Those points will be used to gear your character and won't be availabe for purchase.

This being said, here's the brief setup for the two shops available on the website:

Item Mall will contain costumes, mounts, growth items and preservation stones
Honor Mall will contain everything else : skill stones, buff scrolls, option stones, pets, pet food and so on. More exactly: almost everything that usually made the donors OP.

Ugh, that's about it.

The costumes won't give any kind of stats. They'll be fashion items lasting 7 days.
Crimson Roahn ?

If you rly want to make an "oldschool" Rohan Server.
You have to remove Ronelia,Hazy etc (all new Content)
Also add old TSB.

Also remove some Bosses.
Or dont call this Server "oldschool"

Then its only an non Hero Server with 110 Features.
You also have to Fix the Vengence System if you wanna run an PvP Server.

Cut some Pieces off doesnt mean you are an oldschool Server.

Anyway, good luck with your Server

Edit: Yes my English SUCK but i dont care
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/17/2015, 13:50   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpro99 View Post
what bills?

host bill? domain bill? dev service bill? Internet service bill? car tax bill? creditcard bill? phones bill? house bills?
)

Hosting bill and developer bill. Nothing more.
Old 05/17/2015, 14:23   #5

good luck
Old 05/17/2015, 14:24   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHaiBai View Post
good luck
thank you bro for supporting
Old 05/17/2015, 14:26   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dr.SheldonLeeCooper View Post
Crimson Roahn ?

If you rly want to make an "oldschool" Rohan Server.
You have to remove Ronelia,Hazy etc (all new Content)
Also add old TSB.

Also remove some Bosses.
Or dont call this Server "oldschool"

Then its only an non Hero Server with 110 Features.
You also have to Fix the Vengence System if you wanna run an PvP Server.

Cut some Pieces off doesnt mean you are an oldschool Server.

Edit: Yes my English SUCK but i dont care
You got me wrong, it's not a PvP server.
A PvP server usually gets the player to max level in 1 day and lets them kill each other untill they get bored.

On this server you still have to farm for your equipments and the rates are not high.

I don't know how to remove maps and/or bosses, sorry. But the players mostly dislike the OP 110 skills so no problem here i think.

If they think that the hero bosses give OP acesories then i will make them similar to Aquarias on xor.
Old 05/17/2015, 14:30   #8

Quote:
You got me wrong, it's not a PvP server.
A PvP server usually gets the player to max level in 1 day and lets them kill each other untill they get bored.

On this server you still have to farm for your equipments and the rates are not high.

I don't know how to remove maps and/or bosses, sorry. But the players mostly dislike the OP 110 skills so no problem here i think.

If they think that the hero bosses give OP acesories then i will make them similar to Aquarias on xor.
You can also rework the 110 Skills, like i did on BWG.
I was Edit Heroic Power to 1% Attack 3% Def each Level.

So on Level 5 it was 5% Attack 15% Def

People want an Balanced Server without Temps who oneshot People or Vit Dekans with DFFS like 25-30k

Anyway, i give you only some Tipps
Good luck ^^
Old 05/17/2015, 14:42   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dr.SheldonLeeCooper View Post
You can also rework the 110 Skills, like i did on BWG.
I was Edit Heroic Power to 1% Attack 3% Def each Level.

So on Level 5 it was 5% Attack 15% Def

People want an Balanced Server without Temps who oneshot People or Vit Dekans with DFFS like 25-30k

Anyway, i give you only some Tipps
Good luck ^^
nice suggestion, but its easier than removing maps/monsters ?
Old 05/17/2015, 14:46   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpro99 View Post
nice suggestion, but its easier than removing maps/monsters ?
Depends if you got the knowledge & Tools
Old 05/17/2015, 14:47   #11

Its easier for sure.
But why bother editing them if they will be unavailable?

The hero skills are broken anyway.
Old 05/17/2015, 14:52   #12

Hello! I wish u good luck but there's something i would like to tell you.

Since u dont know how to remove maps or bosses without heroic skills , talking about templar killing Bezemyth would be pain in the *** however it is possible we used to kill it in Genesis rohan . But I think the bigger is problem its his stats however i am sure u will find a good solution for it!

About the IM and HM , I think u should add more items there but not includes Chimera , Crafting Costumes grade A , Sappires and so on lol , u have no idea what I have seen.I dont know ur server rates but I think if u make the crones Worthfull i dont think there would be a problem. What I mean? In an easy server this is what happens with almost every donator , they start playing easy exp big drop while they are leveling they got some max parts then they just sell it keep leveling and *** 110 lv with hundreds of millions already dlv goes easy why would they sell any kind of points when they have a proper gear already . I had played in a server where crones meant sth donators were looking for crones and offering them rly good points just for crones lol not dual stats items or sth . You can use this if the cap lv is 99 dlving glacial would cost much crones and if the rate is low that would make crones sth usefull low drop low crones drop and so on. Cant wait to see ur server!
Old 05/17/2015, 15:04   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeopleWhoCare View Post
Hello! I wish u good luck but there's something i would like to tell you.

Since u dont know how to remove maps or bosses without heroic skills , talking about templar killing Bezemyth would be pain in the ass however it is possible we used to kill it in Genesis rohan . But I think the bigger is problem its his stats however i am sure u will find a good solution for it!

About the IM and HM , I think u should add more items there but not includes Chimera , Crafting Costumes grade A , Sappires and so on lol , u have no idea what I have seen.I dont know ur server rates but I think if u make the crones Worthfull i dont think there would be a problem. What I mean? In an easy server this is what happens with almost every donator , they start playing easy exp big drop while they are leveling they got some max parts then they just sell it keep leveling and bum 110 lv with hundreds of millions already dlv goes easy why would they sell any kind of points when they have a proper gear already . I had played in a server where crones meant sth donators were looking for crones and offering them rly good points just for crones lol not dual stats items or sth . You can use this if the cap lv is 99 dlving glacial would cost much crones and if the rate is low that would make crones sth usefull low drop low crones drop and so on. Cant wait to see ur server!
I am going for medium rates.
My main goal is to keep the average player on par with the donors when it comes to power levels.

At the moment the only thing a donor can buy are:
Costumes -> fashion only, they don't provide stats
Mounts
Growth items ( seals and scrolls )
Preservation Stones
Lucky Stone ( from 1 hr to 30 days )

The rest of the items will be present in the Honor Mall.

I don't intend to let anyone kill hero bosses easily. Killing one should be an achievement.
Glacials too should be something of an achievement. They are way too overpowered. What i mean is that 99% of the server will be running in Bedrons while a lucky few will wear glacials. And when i say lucky i mean lucky deleveling them to 99 ^^.

In a few days ( maybe today ) we'll go in Beta Testing for a week so you'll see what i mean.
Old 05/17/2015, 15:57   #14

Going vanilla by making the maps empty feels so odd and out of place.
I still don't understand the 2008 rohan madness, dont let nostalgia get over your head.
Old 05/17/2015, 15:59   #15

Any links for client and register?
Closed Thread