Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 15:22

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Request] Video lesson about setting up a local Rohan server

Discussion on [Request] Video lesson about setting up a local Rohan server within the Rohan forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Request] Video lesson about setting up a local Rohan server

Hello all I just wanted to request some kind of video showing step by step how local server server setting up is done. I request only ppl who have free time, so that I dont get answers like "wtf ar you stupid, I dont have time for that" ect. You Might as well powt some links of already existing video's about how its done(I dont insist it beeng on rohan if its all the same way, I'll just get the idea. Cheers.
Old 11/12/2014, 22:20   #2

elite*gold: 33
The Black Market: 100/0/2
Quote:
Originally Posted by whisker15 View Post
Hello all I just wanted to request some kind of video showing step by step how local server server setting up is done. I request only ppl who have free time, so that I dont get answers like "wtf ar you stupid, I dont have time for that" ect. You Might as well powt some links of already existing video's about how its done(I dont insist it beeng on rohan if its all the same way, I'll just get the idea. Cheers.
No one will make a Video about how to create a Server.
There are TuT's on Google...

Why are you Guys so lazy and search some Time for it ?!

We already helped some People here on Epvp with create a Local Server, then they made a own one and try to steal Money from Players and close them.
Old 11/12/2014, 22:53   #3

Hmm, setting up Rohan server is not something that takes half an hour. It is something you will spend the better part of a day setting up. I doubt very much that someone will want to make a multi-gigabyte-sized video of that.

As well there are a couple different ways to set up a server - the least of which is actually getting your hands on the server and database files.

If you want to know what is involved with setting up a rohan private server do a google search using this:

That has a link to all the steps you need to set up a Rohan server and is about as close to being a tutorial as you are liable to find.
Old 11/13/2014, 08:11   #4

they can't help u , they don't have any server running .
don't believe if they pm u and offer video tutorial , u 'll get scammed .
pm me if u want i has video for local , but no video for setting on dedi , but it almost no differents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Bandit View Post
Hmm, setting up Rohan server is not something that takes half an hour. It is something you will spend the better part of a day setting up. I doubt very much that someone will want to make a multi-gigabyte-sized video of that.

As well there are a couple different ways to set up a server - the least of which is actually getting your hands on the server and database files.

If you want to know what is involved with setting up a rohan private server do a google search using this:

That has a link to all the steps you need to set up a Rohan server and is about as close to being a tutorial as you are liable to find.
if u don't know anything and don't want to help , shut up your mouth and go to hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dr.SheldonLeeCooper View Post
No one will make a Video about how to create a Server.
There are TuT's on Google...

Why are you Guys so lazy and search some Time for it ?!

We already helped some People here on Epvp with create a Local Server, then they made a own one and try to steal Money from Players and close them.
yes , like your bloodwar server that has closed long ago after got much money
Old 11/13/2014, 11:51   #5

you guys.. lol

seriously, the typical reply of "go use google" and the age old fall back response that a particular person around here loves "if you can't figure it out you shouldn't be trying to run a server" is pathetic.

You guys are supposed to be the authority on this stuff, how come the 'developers' of other MMO private servers are so much more helpful than you? including detailed info, the release of their own programs to help others mod the files, video walkthroughs, polite and detailed replies to everyones issues.

I know Rohan tends to have a playerbase that is largely rude and arrogant but you guys should be setting the example with your knowledge and experience. For shame.
Old 11/13/2014, 12:35   #6

elite*gold: 33
The Black Market: 100/0/2
Quote:
Originally Posted by revenant2010 View Post
you guys.. lol

seriously, the typical reply of "go use google" and the age old fall back response that a particular person around here loves "if you can't figure it out you shouldn't be trying to run a server" is pathetic.

You guys are supposed to be the authority on this stuff, how come the 'developers' of other MMO private servers are so much more helpful than you? including detailed info, the release of their own programs to help others mod the files, video walkthroughs, polite and detailed replies to everyones issues.

I know Rohan tends to have a playerbase that is largely rude and arrogant but you guys should be setting the example with your knowledge and experience. For shame.
Give us a Reason why we shoud give Stuff while we was Spend much Time in our Reallife for everyone ?

Another Server who just wanna have some extra Money ?
Sell Server Files ?

People can use their Brain and Google. This isnt so hard.
We already Postet some TuT's about it.
Old 11/13/2014, 12:39   #7

PN me
Old 11/13/2014, 17:21   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by revenant2010 View Post
you guys.. lol

Bullshit like this pisses me of bigtime.

I am not sure what crawled up your ass and made a home there, but I even gave you the damned link to where you can get DETAILED information how to set up a Rohan pserver. I've personally followed those directions and they work just fine. Sure the download links don't work (duh!) but ALL the configuration information you need is right there and spot on. All you have to do is read and follow it. How tough is that?

You want us to write the same thing again? Why waste our time doing that? What is the point if it has already been done? A VIDEO? Seriously? Sorry learn English and read the damn instructions. They are right there. The only thing I didn't do for you was copy/paste the f**king thing here.

Sorry bud, but I personally have been down this road too many times. Most of the other devs here have as well. I have in the past linked that post, even copied it here in case you were too challenged to google it for yourself. I get tired of beating my head against the wall doing that shit only to have some other idiot too lazy to do a simple search post asking the same damn thing a week later. How many times do I have to go down that rabbit hole. It has already been done. Go look for it dammit!

Let's face it - if using search facilities is beyond your technical pay grade, you haven't a snowball's chance in hell of building, running and maintaining a Rohan private server.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/14/2014, 11:08   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dr.SheldonLeeCooper View Post
Give us a Reason why we shoud give Stuff while we was Spend much Time in our Reallife for everyone ?

Another Server who just wanna have some extra Money ?
Sell Server Files ?

People can use their Brain and Google. This isnt so hard.
We already Postet some TuT's about it.
JUST SHUT YOUR MOUTH IF U CAN'T HELP .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Bandit View Post
Bullshit like this pisses me of bigtime.

I am not sure what crawled up your ass and made a home there, but I even gave you the damned link to where you can get DETAILED information how to set up a Rohan pserver. I've personally followed those directions and they work just fine. Sure the download links don't work (duh!) but ALL the configuration information you need is right there and spot on. All you have to do is read and follow it. How tough is that?

You want us to write the same thing again? Why waste our time doing that? What is the point if it has already been done? A VIDEO? Seriously? Sorry learn English and read the damn instructions. They are right there. The only thing I didn't do for you was copy/paste the f**king thing here.

Sorry bud, but I personally have been down this road too many times. Most of the other devs here have as well. I have in the past linked that post, even copied it here in case you were too challenged to google it for yourself. I get tired of beating my head against the wall doing that shit only to have some other idiot too lazy to do a simple search post asking the same damn thing a week later. How many times do I have to go down that rabbit hole. It has already been done. Go look for it dammit!

Let's face it - if using search facilities is beyond your technical pay grade, you haven't a snowball's chance in hell of building, running and maintaining a Rohan private server.

Old 11/14/2014, 11:13   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammadpurba View Post

Take your own advice for once. I think it's about time you GTFO of here for good.
Old 11/14/2014, 11:34   #11

Guys I don't understand why are you so agressive and arrogant. Youre telling me I can't read but you are the ones who actually can't. Have I said in my post I insist on all people's help? No. Have I said I want YOU to be wasting your time with me? Nope again. I was only beeing friendly and calling for help of only those who have free time like I said, but I guess you only care about raging and arguing with everyone else to show youre so professional. Like that dude said, I wont be arogant, but please dont answer if you cant/ dont want to help.

Anyway thanks for the link banana, I appreciate your effort.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 11/14/2014, 11:46   #12

Why on earth would anyone want to share their knowledge with you or anyone else? Sharing is not fun, trust me. Not to mention that the files aren't that complex.

Here's a quick example of why people don't share. 99% of the servers out there still use the exact RohanAuth i made abt 2 yrs ago. However i'm the bad guy around this place.

So, tell me ... why should i share anything? So people could take it, use it, make money out of it, destroy the scene in the process and at the end call me money hungry?

Tell you what. The scene has only one developer and that's Yurneroo. The rest are glorified developers. You know what glorified developers are? Script kiddies. And everybody hates them.
Old 11/14/2014, 12:34   #13

if you dont want help just dont reply him back he asked for help if you cant/or dont want help dont reply back you or anyone else...
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/14/2014, 13:06   #14

English!! Do you speak it?
Or basic sentence logic.

No bro, telling them that they need to work in order to achieve something is necessary.
Old 11/14/2014, 15:43   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrFighter View Post
if you dont want help just dont reply him back he asked for help if you cant/or dont want help dont reply back you or anyone else...
He was provided with help in the form of google links to forums that actually have instructions to install and configure a Rohan server.

Look, I hope you are not too dense to understand this. Every one of the developers here has responded at least once on how to set up and configure a Rohan server. How do you think it makes us feel when we see people constantly asking how to do this? We have already answered those questions over, and over, and over again many times. We are tired of that. It is time for people to use search technology to find some answers for themselves. They really are out there.

Everybody starting to set up a Rohan server is a noob at it. We all get that. I was one as well. I didn't ask anybody how to do it, yet I can now do that with my eyes closed and a hand tied behind my back. Not a boast. Just simple experience. And how did I get that knowledge and experience?

I used Google to find out how to do it, I know somebody has set this up and has written it up like Senzoku's thread r*gez**e. And if i found something didn't work, I googled some more and I worked with that information from different angles until I found something that worked. I did not post questions that are asked over and over again in here. I mined the internet for information and I used that information as clues how to do it for myself -- the same as most of the responding devs here.

None of us were born with genetic knowledge how to build a Rohan private server. But Google has access to the sum total of mankind's knowledge - including knowledge how to build private servers for just about every game released. It is stupid beyond belief not to use that resource to find out how to do this yourself. It is hella fast and it is amazingly complete. And the knowledge retention you gain by doing your own research is worth 1000x that of somebody simply holding your had and doing it for you.

Short version if that was tl;dr :
If you want to build, configure or develop a game server, any game server - not just Rohan, you have to be willing to do the research, thinking and learning necessary to make that happen. No one, not the best university processors in the world, can teach you something if you are too lazy to do your own research and problem solving.

You want to set up and configure on a rohan server? THAT is your tutorial.