Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 21:57

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Item Mall File

Discussion on Item Mall File within the Rohan forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 06/28/2014, 12:47   #16

elite*gold: 0
You should probably look for someone whos willing to either set it up for you and allow you to watcha dn ask questions along the way, so you can learn.
I'm also in the process of adding a IM page on my local for learning purposes.
Old 06/28/2014, 17:39   #17

Which is still i don't have any plan to share the full zrohan mall and it's database.
Old 06/28/2014, 18:20   #18

for those that really want to make the shared zrohan im work, you are going to have to make your own database tables. It works with both a private mysql database and at one private mssql database as well as the standard Rohan game tables (i.e. RohanMall).

Look in the sqlmall.php file. There will be all kinds of select, update and create statements in there. Your task is to :

1. Find out which statement affects which database.
2. Look at each statement and figure out what tables it works with and create those tables.
3. Look at each statement and figure out what columns are needed in each table to satisfy that sql statement. Create them.
4. Look at the kind of data each column is expected to work with and set the column types of your tables accordingly.

If you want to make that script work, you are going to have to work at it for yourself. If you don't know sql well enough to know what an INSERT, SELECT or UPDATE statement does, study up on it.

A challenge: Nothing says you HAVE to use two different DBMS systems. There is no reason at all why a creative PHP/SQL developer can't move all the MySQL databases in the MS-SQL database. You just need to look at the code and understand what it is doing.

Reverse engineering folks. That is the name of the game if you want to develop Rohan game servers.
Old 06/28/2014, 20:54   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmodeus812 View Post
This zRohan Item Mall is not full here. There are some databases missing from this zip file! So in order to run that you need the DB with items(and god knows what else is not there) which is probably a MySQL DB !
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
for those that really want to make the shared zrohan im work, you are going to have to make your own database tables. It works with both a private mysql database and at one private mssql database as well as the standard Rohan game tables (i.e. RohanMall).

Look in the sqlmall.php file. There will be all kinds of select, update and create statements in there. Your task is to :

1. Find out which statement affects which database.
2. Look at each statement and figure out what tables it works with and create those tables.
3. Look at each statement and figure out what columns are needed in each table to satisfy that sql statement. Create them.
4. Look at the kind of data each column is expected to work with and set the column types of your tables accordingly.

If you want to make that script work, you are going to have to work at it for yourself. If you don't know sql well enough to know what an INSERT, SELECT or UPDATE statement does, study up on it.

A challenge: Nothing says you HAVE to use two different DBMS systems. There is no reason at all why a creative PHP/SQL developer can't move all the MySQL databases in the MS-SQL database. You just need to look at the code and understand what it is doing.

Reverse engineering folks. That is the name of the game if you want to develop Rohan game servers.
<---- THIS ---->

Just a Hint: If i were you I would build something from scratch . To Rebuild a new IM + Exchange Market personaly i will need somewhere between 3~5 days of normal everyday work ! Its much easier when you do it yourself and much more satisfying.
Looking for tables, columns names and etc is pain in the ass , besides you never know what else is missing from those files. It could be 1 file, and it can screw everything up !
Old 06/28/2014, 22:10   #20

I wish I had the knowledge to be able to write my own databases for a full item mall and exchange market. I give you guys much respect cause I wouldn't even know where to begin, so Im sure I'll have to hire fellas like you all to do it for me at some point :P
Old 06/29/2014, 00:58   #21

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmodeus812 View Post
Its much easier when you do it yourself and much more satisfying.
Looking for tables, columns names and etc is pain in the *** , besides you never know what else is missing from those files. It could be 1 file, and it can screw everything up !
Absolutely!!

It is always far easier and more satisfying to create things your way than it is to try and understand what the dev of a piece of code was thinking when he created it. Often his thoughts and design priorities will not necessarily be the same as yours.

When I look at the big picture of Rohan's client/server design, I am totally flummoxed trying to understand why YNK Korea made some of the design decisions they did.
Old 05/25/2017, 14:03   #22

where's db of zrohan itemmall share please
Old 05/25/2017, 14:17   #23

this treat is 2014 ago :v
Old 05/25/2017, 14:59   #24

That's almost a 3 year necro lol
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/25/2017, 19:15   #25