Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz
You last visited: Today at 09:41

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Knock knock. Who's there? Rappelz Redemption! (Info&Updates)

Discussion on Knock knock. Who's there? Rappelz Redemption! (Info&Updates) within the Rappelz forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 07/27/2011, 14:43   #166

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 2,458
Update:

I have located the reason for the TOA invisible mobs. Every mob specified to TOA is invisible although their Database entries mirror other WORKING versions of the mob.

Upon detailed examination of the difference between a mob that will spawn correctly and the mobs that spawn invisible is only at the Columns controlling EXP, Gold Drops, Item Drops, Mob Level, Mob Stats. The mobs in TOA are invincible because they are broken.

**I have also stumbled across the HM Mobs (+++) they spawn correctly however they do not have their correct names. See'ing as HM Dungeons are not implemented.**

After having gone through each MOB ID by hand for every mob listed in the respawn.lua section that triggers for the TOA MAP I have found not a single mob to be working yet tons of them are set to spawn anyway (AkA random deaths from Invisible Mobs.)

This however is not an issue as there are variants of the invisible mobs that work but are slightly higher level. E.g. The Sorceress that usually spawn in con1 will be going from 141-145 to 148-149 as this is the only available mobs that are classified dungeon mobs and fit the level range.

***If you have something constructive to ADD I will be starting a new thread in which I will give the community a chance to be a part of the process of fixing TOA.***
Old 07/27/2011, 20:13   #167

the reason there invisable is the mobs are present but the id's changed between 6.1 and 6.2 as example betrayal was 150 in 6.1 but 156 *i belive i forget the actual lvl* in 6.2 when they upped the lvl they changed the id's and there not in the db or lua.
much like the elites or champs these have to be corrected or added to db and respawn.lua manually.
Old 07/27/2011, 20:28   #168

I attempted to create a new entry using material from a working Mob's record. This result in an invisible mob as-well. As I said before it's truly weird because there is literally no difference aside of some stat values/drop values that are any different. I compared a Working and Invisible side by side all the way down their records to see there is no difference. So my thoughts tend to lean away from it being a mob_id issue. Seeing as all the values FOR TOLS/E (again aside of some stat values/ drop values) is the exact same as any entry for an Invisible TOA mob.
Old 07/27/2011, 21:06   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismokedrow View Post
I attempted to create a new entry using material from a working Mob's record. This result in an invisible mob as-well. As I said before it's truly weird because there is literally no difference aside of some stat values/drop values that are any different. I compared a Working and Invisible side by side all the way down their records to see there is no difference. So my thoughts tend to lean away from it being a mob_id issue. Seeing as all the values FOR TOLS/E (again aside of some stat values/ drop values) is the exact same as any entry for an Invisible TOA mob.
ya currently we couldnt find the entry changes in 6.2 and had to dump 7.1-7.2 files to get the values for it.
pyrok has the listings and has been filling it out as he goes along should be complete soon if you want a definitive solution to this i guess you could ask him altho he has pms disabled here but he does check elite when he gets time
Old 07/27/2011, 21:41   #170

I'm not going to sit around and wait for a fix when a perfectly viable solution is smacking us in the face. Yes anyone who wants can just hang around and sit tight waiting for Pyroks "Retail" TOA are of course more than welcome to.

Or they can simply make their own or use my Customized TOA/TOLS/TOE-HM script.

No offense, but it's not worth it to me.
Old 07/27/2011, 23:35   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismokedrow View Post
I'm not going to sit around and wait for a fix when a perfectly viable solution is smacking us in the face. Yes anyone who wants can just hang around and sit tight waiting for Pyroks "Retail" TOA are of course more than welcome to.

Or they can simply make their own or use my Customized TOA/TOLS/TOE-HM script.

No offense, but it's not worth it to me.
Just please make sure you're removing the invisible mobs as well as adding new ones. The way you have mentioned fixing the issue doesn't address this issue at all.

edit: Oops. disregard, I missed the part where you deleted them. I'm man enough to admit when I screwed up. Sorry.
Old 07/27/2011, 23:52   #172

plz when you will open the server for public i really want to play
or can you allow me to test the se'rver plzzzzzzzzzz ?
Old 07/27/2011, 23:57   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by makrem97 View Post
plz when you will open the server for public i really want to play
or can you allow me to test the se'rver plzzzzzzzzzz ?
As stated previously;

Redemption is primarily a Development server in which I allow testers on to help me implement new functions that give what I feel is an over all better Rappelz Experience. If you wish to join as a tester please go back a few pages until you see the Hamachi room info for RappelzRedemption1 and join that room.

-I will be needing a few new testers to help test the New TOE-H dungeon. I feel it's going to be rather challenging.-
Old 07/28/2011, 01:38   #174

sir where can i dl your launcher??? and can i use rappelz ph client with your launcher to play this server???please rply asap...really want to play....
Old 07/28/2011, 10:01   #175

you need the aor client and then you make a launcher in a bat file or you get one, not sure which
Old 07/29/2011, 16:31   #176

I hope when this server opens it would last for longer time....good luck on your hard job - waiting for online.
Old 07/29/2011, 16:34   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadro911 View Post
I hope when this server opens it would last for longer time....good luck on your hard job - waiting for online.
The likely-hood of Redemption going online to the public anytime soon is slim at best, there is still a looooad of work to be done. But I am in talks with a new host that will allow up to 40+ testers. When this happens I will go into a secondary 'Closed Beta' phase. Keep your eyes peeled.
Old 10/22/2011, 00:45   #178

as a tester i can vouch server is epic...enuff said