Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > The Black Market > MMORPG Trading > Rappelz Trading
You last visited: Today at 04:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Need Advice on Selling Accounts

Discussion on Need Advice on Selling Accounts within the Rappelz Trading forum part of the MMORPG Trading category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Need Advice on Selling Accounts

Hi all,

I've been playing Rappelz for a long time now. Since e3. As of late, I'm starting University and in need of cash to fund some of my school expenses, so I decided to sell my account.

So, to keep the story short, this is my first time selling accounts, and I need sincere advices as to how do I go about doing it without getting scam. Email account, paypal account and skype I all have. What I would like to know is, when money and goods exchange hands, how do I know I have safely received the money?

In short, how can I make sure I'm not being scam of my accounts?

Any tips is much, much appreciated!
Old 10/16/2012, 05:45   #2 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

using a middleman is usually the safest way or dont go first, make sure they pay you first before you hand anything over
Thanks
2 Users
Old 10/17/2012, 03:52   #3

Thank you strampy...

Is there a way that the buyer can retrieve back his money after sending it via paypal? It's also my first time using paypal, so I'm not really sure how it works.

Thank you once again and if anyone else can input more info I would much appreciate it
Old 10/17/2012, 04:53   #4 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

Certainly, but it is more difficult for them to get a chargeback if they are verified and so are you. Paypal doesn't unconditionally reverse transactions.

They will contact both parties and if they feel the payer is justified in their reasoning then they will issue it.

Either way, if you are legitimate in your dealings then you shouldn't have too much to worry about.

Also, try to get the buyer to send you a message from their email confirming the transaction.
Old 10/18/2012, 09:06   #5

hi gclement,

Thank you for the reply and advice. It certainly helps me a lot.

I'm working on the list of items I have now, hopefully can post it up soon. Seeing around the forum that there is galanet employee around disguising as buyer kind of scare me off a little haha.
Old 10/19/2012, 12:07   #6 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

Well it is simple.

1) Deal with someone who has made an account before Oct 2012.
2) If you are getting a Middleman, make sure he sends u a personal PM or it could be an imposter.. ( I hv learnt from the hard way)
3) Deal with smaller trades
Old 10/19/2012, 14:45   #7 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

best to take is middle man and i recommand *TSUKIYOMI*
Old 10/22/2012, 07:38   #8

Hi all,

I'm still working on the list of items I have, didn't expect it's such a tedious work lol

Thank you for the kind advice on using a middleman. But sorry, at the moment I have decided against the idea. I have read around the forum that you can get scam by the middleman too, furthermore, I'm pretty new to this forum and not sure who to trust.

These accounts I'm going to sell is very dear to me, it's my first MMORPG game. I still keep my very 1st tamed to this date, back from E3, a Blue Pixie lol. And naturally, I hope these accounts won't fall into a scammer's hand. I hope to close my rappelz 'chapter' on a good note.

So stay tune, I will put up the accounts in a couple of days once I'm done with the listing.

Thanks all once again.
Old 10/22/2012, 17:58   #9 Trade Status: Unverified(?)

One thing you will want to consider is using a payment method other then paypal.
Paypal allows the buyer to use a credit card to pay with.
they simply need to wait a few months then claim to the credit card company that they did no authorize the charge.
The credit card company will hit paypal with a chargeback.
Paypal will then deduct that money from your account and if you do not have enough in there you will find yourself with a negative balance.
You may be wondering how I know this...
To put it simply it happened to me.
I had emails etc andpaypal still refused my claim leaving me without my money or my account.
Andon that note I am looking for a middleman myself.
I hear *TSUKIYOMI* comes with good reviews so if you are reading this kindly send me a private message and we can go from there =)
Old 10/25/2012, 07:01   #10

NoMoreRappelz, thanks for the head up. This is something I'm not aware of, now it feels like walking on thin ice haha...sell or not to sell. Could you give me a good suggestion as to what payment method is best?

Many thanks!

Ps. I have clicked on the thank button below some people who gave suggestions, somehow that didn't show up.