Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 20:49

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Tunngle as alternative to Hamachi

Discussion on Tunngle as alternative to Hamachi within the Rappelz Private Server forum part of the Rappelz category.

View Poll Results: Do you think that Tunngle is a good alternative for Hamachi for Rappelz Server?
Yes. 3 33.33%
no. 6 66.67%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Tunngle as alternative to Hamachi

Hello everyone,I am not advanced in English, so please consider excusing me for typo/grammar mistakes.
I have noticed that almost everyone uses Hamachi to create a virtual netwok, but none spoke about Tunngle!
  • first of all let me tell you what is Tunngle.
  • Tunngle is a FREE 100% app that create a new network device to simulate the LAN for the internet, in short is just working like Hamachi.
  • what makes Tunggle a good alternative for Hamachi?
  • first Tunngle is for gaming, the creators of Tunggle wanted to allow you to play LAN games through internet, and keep the old games alive (who have their servers shouted down).
  • for default the admins create a room for every game that supports LAN, and these room supports 255 players.
  • It also support a private networks, these private networks support 32 players, while the premium networks support 255 players.
  • the premium users get an ad-free client and 255 capacity for private room, so if you don't need these additional features you may use a free account which have the almost the seam features except the ads and the private network.
  • the funny thing that you can use one of the empty rooms for your server,
  • all games servers support 255 players, so if you want to share your server publicly then just use one of these empty servers.
  • Tunngle :
  • what I didn't like on Tunngle that there is some lag happen after a while of playing, I don't know if that because my low upload speed, or from Tunngle, so please if you have tried/will try Tunngle, then tell us what do you think of it.
Old 02/05/2017, 21:59   #2

elite*gold: 30
already saw it and also found a good idea, but for public server opening purpose, any of virtual network will be a failure of concept at all.

it disturbs a lot to be able to connect to a server only if you install a lot of software and read a lot of guides how to use it before accessing your server, already opened ones that are hosted on dedicated machines are way more concurrent with that.

for a testing purpose or to create a server "for friends" surely its better than hamachi, i didn't even read a post to ensure it is
Old 02/05/2017, 22:14   #3

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongreldogg View Post
already saw it and also found a good idea, but for public server opening purpose, any of virtual network will be a failure of concept at all.

it disturbs a lot to be able to connect to a server only if you install a lot of software and read a lot of guides how to use it before accessing your server, already opened ones that are hosted on dedicated machines are way more concurrent with that.

for a testing purpose or to create a server "for friends" surely its better than hamachi, i didn't even read a post to ensure it is
I didn't mean for all cases, just for those who can't afford for a server (VPS or dedicated).
that is why i wrote (as alternative) in the title.
Old 02/05/2017, 22:56   #4

elite*gold: 20
Rappelz is very performance heavy... tunngle couldn't handle it.. prolly would lag with 3 people online