Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 16:24

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[RELEASE](OpenSources/VB.NET) Map editing tools + LUA bonuses

Discussion on [RELEASE](OpenSources/VB.NET) Map editing tools + LUA bonuses within the Rappelz Private Server forum part of the Rappelz category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 30
[RELEASE](OpenSources/VB.NET) Map editing tools + LUA bonuses

Heyhalleleyho!

Here is an open source release of 2 tools.

First one is the tool that allows to edit NFM props data and save it to a file - NFM Props editor.
It allows to spawn static props on a map.

Second one is an NFA editor with grid/graphic interfaces
(no drawing edit as in previous version, but open source this time + possible to delete points/regions).

And yes, it is a way to create new locations ingame (visual and collisions part). At least when i have finished the first working version of NFM props editor tool, my server had got a new exclusive location, and here are the screens:

By the way, spawning of new props on a map required special knowledge which i have got thanks to Glandu2 from .

And when i was looking for creating new location, it was hard enough to count segments, coordinates etc manually so i have written some LUA functions for commands i was working with.

First, mapper must know map name, segment number and segment's local X and Y coordinates. Here is the LUA function for a command that writes mapname, segment number, x and y for location where are you staying on right now:

Another LUA function is a teleport to an object by knowing its location in NFM prop format:

For example, lets say your object is located on map m001_001, segment #50, X: 100, Y: 200, then you can write:

/run warp_to_object(1,1,50,100,200)

And you will be telepoted to this object.

And the last function is to get coordinates required for collisions:

When X and Y ingame ranges are 0-16128 for 1 mapfile, collisions coodinates could be only 0-3072 (1 collision point = 5 ingame digits).

Last thing i need to say is i won't provide any other help for these tools, map editing guides etc, and i made open source release just because i won't have time to work on it anymore, so anyone who found it useful as sources for new, more stable against bugs and more functional tools, just click thanks, make new and release it.

And i didnt forget: THANKS!

I need to say so much thanks to Glandu2 for lots and lots of help with data structures of these files and other very useful info.
Also i need to say thanks for Blender NX3 plugin that allowed me to import exclusive prop for a new location.

Also thanks to anyone who paid attention on my works.

P.S. I wont be ashamed I have written it on shitty VB.NET using Visual Studio 2005 for it.

And yes, BlackCat, please share it in DownloadCenter
Thanks
17 Users
Old 03/29/2014, 00:38   #2

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 2,458
I didn't even read the post bro and I already know you deserve a fudging high-five. So let's get it out of the way shall we;

YOU ROCK NUKKA and thanks for putting your hard work in for everyone and even better with them open sources, mad respect ^^
Thanks
3 Users
Old 03/29/2014, 01:01   #3

elite*gold: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ismokedrow View Post
I didn't even read the post bro and I already know you deserve a fudging high-five. So let's get it out of the way shall we;

YOU ROCK NUKKA and thanks for putting your hard work in for everyone and even better with them open sources, mad respect ^^
Surely this is the first time i feel i have released something more useful than simple LUA scripts etc i have released before. And yes i appreciate your knowing of how much work had been put there bro
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/29/2014, 18:20   #4

elite*gold: 0
Just when I planned to do a same things in UnrealEngine4... So thanks for open source
Thanks
1 User