Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 03:44

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Rappelz Epic IV (4)

Discussion on Rappelz Epic IV (4) within the Rappelz Private Server forum part of the Rappelz category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Rappelz Epic IV (4)

Update topic on developing Rappelz epic 4.
Not much to say yet...

Progress 0%

Current work:
- Unpacking sframe and stripping hackshield away from it.

**All work will be shared here.**
**In case i drop the project.. then you all have the files and maybe work further on it**
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/19/2013, 11:34   #2

Received Thanks: 1,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by groos View Post
Update topic on developing Rappelz epic 4.
Not much to say yet...

Progress 0%

Current work:
- Unpacking sframe and stripping hackshield away from it.

**All work will be shared here.**
**In case i drop the project.. then you all have the files and maybe work further on it**
Two simple questions. Do you have the official GS for Epic 4? Do you want to downgrade the emu to epic 4?

Otherwise stop unpacking the sframe for epic 4 it's totally useless without the gameserver! Because the sframe will only work with the official GS for epic 4 or a downgraded GS.

Correct me if i'm wrong but as far as i know the official GS for epic 4 isn't public. That means you have to use the partial working alpha version of the Emu coded by Pyrok. Don't know if you own the source.

This won't be a project for 1 person you will need a team of at least 4-5 devs which will code the Emu.

It would be much easier to dump epic 4 client and create a "hybrid" epic 4 server with the help of the 6.2 GS or something like that.

Advantages:
- You can use the official GS
- You don't have to unpack the sframe
- You only have to downgrade one existing RDB Dumper for the epic 4 (base is present)
- You don't have to code the whole Server part
- You don't have to rebuild the complete Database Structure of the epic 4 telecaster

Disadvantages:
-You have to create some Workarounds to downgrade some Rappelz Features.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/19/2013, 11:46   #3

But wont a hybrid server be pretty much unstable?
Old 04/19/2013, 11:51   #4

You should calculate a long test szenario to check all problems. But i think a 6.2 GS with downgraded Arcadia Database and some .lua workarounds will be much more stable than the actual state of the Gameserver Emu which is in my opinion the only way to get a Epic 4 GS.

I know Xijezu don't like that way but in my opinion this is the easiest and best way to get a epic 4 server running without the epic4 GS.

I would use the epic 6.2 or epic 6.1 GS to start with because as far as i know pet staging etc are missing in this GS (you don't have to think about how to remove these parts) and the Arcadia Structure is more similar to epic 4 (perhaps not as much work as dumping epic 4 files into the epic 8.1 structure) In my opinion this is a good base to work on.

The important part is to start on a clean serverbase that is for 90% stable (never saw a 100% stable official rappelz GS ) Now you should start to downgrad ItemResource and Monsterresource in my opinion this shouldn't be a big problem. After each step you should test the server with some guys and on this way you can downgrade all tables that have a "rdbpendant".

If this part is done you have to work on the tables that don't have a rdbpendant like dropgroup, monsterskillresource, dungeonsresources etc.

In the end you have to mod around with the client. But most of the work is done by using epic 4 resources with a epic 6 client. Perhaps you have to play around with the nui files to emulate the epic 4 interface and to hide some buttons that wasn't present in e4 times but this is finetuning.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/19/2013, 14:28   #5

i would be more interested in an Epic3 PS. E4 was not good at all.
Old 04/19/2013, 14:32   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1995ZeroCool View Post
i would be more interested in an Epic3 PS. E4 was not good at all.
This is a developing Thread not a "I want to have an epic 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 PServer"-Topic

If you found an epic 3 Client upload it and you can create a new Thread about an epic 3 PS And i'm talking about the correct epic3 Client which is hard to find as far as I know
Old 04/19/2013, 14:46   #7

Received Thanks: 3,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by c1ph3r View Post
If you found an epic 3 Client upload it and you can create a new Thread about an epic 3 PS And i'm talking about the correct epic3 Client which is hard to find as far as I know

Btw, don't mind the "US" there, I just copied the name of the other folders ;p

Quote:
I know Xijezu don't like that way but in my opinion this is the easiest and best way to get a epic 4 server running without the epic4 GS.
Well, the best way still would be rewriting Server AND Client, I think.
Old 04/19/2013, 14:51   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xijezu View Post

Btw, don't mind the "US" there, I just copied the name of the other folders ;p

Well, the best way still would be rewriting Server AND Client, I think.
1. Upload the clients

2. This is the cleanest way but this will need a communitie that can work together without leeching each other and some more devs...on epvpers...let me think about it... rofl

3. In my opinion the best way to start is working with the existing things because! This is the only way which will work at the moment. Why? How often died the emu project Marcel? 2 Years for the emu in alpha stadium...and there are a lot of things which aren't working till now...and have to be fixed. There wasn't any big QM testings on the emu till now...there is at least one year of work left to finish the emu and you are talking about a client too...

But hey i'm interested in this project it's something new^^ to be correct only for the devs something new^^
Old 04/20/2013, 06:18   #9

@ c1ph3r

I dont know what you mean with correct client, but i found this file