Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 03:26

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Elamidas: Designing Gameplay! Read carefully. Think. Then Post!

Discussion on Elamidas: Designing Gameplay! Read carefully. Think. Then Post! within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 85
Received Thanks: 1,643
Elamidas: Designing Gameplay! Read carefully. Think. Then Post!

First of all, get rid of all the previous thoughts you have. Fuck oldschool. Fuck new school. Fuck over editing. Fuck the community. Fuck players. Fuck devs. Fuck you and I.

Now we can begin.

I've been wondering how to design the gameplay properly.
So far it has been this: Gold coin + silver coin + gold = SoX.
Gold coin: Jobbing
Silver: CTF, BA, Uniques
Gold: Hustling, Botting, Silk Selling, doing any kind of shit.

That sucks!!!
But what sucks even more is BLUES & White stats.

You gotta fucking bot to get fucking stones. That's pure bullshit.

I believe people should NOT be running around FB 100% & 80% white stats.
That's crap. Balance becomes important ONLY because everyone is perfect. If people aren't perfect then balance isn't such a big deal, because you can still kill your imperfect opponent.

Problem for other people: They cannot FORCE players to be imperfect because people will just go to another server. We at Elamidas don't have this issue. People will play Elamidas no matter what!

So let's make a plan on how you want to get Elixiers, Stones, SoX. How "equipmenting" should work.

Random Idea #1:

You can go mining ingame and receive stones.
Time = Stones. Simple.
Restrictions choice #1: Mine XX (20?) Stones per PC. Yes PER PC!
Restriction choice #2: Make mining spot randomly appear on map always.
Reason for #2: You cannot really just farm stones. You just do it while playing normally. How about something like... 8 people can mine a stone pillar. So if you find one. You get your best friends into a party and start mining that shit.

Example:

Actually, that idea just now is seriously good. It creates group-play. It makes you move your ass out of town. It creates a proper economy for stones. And stones becomes RARE!

Leave your thoughts about this one. Also the goal is to be FB after weeeeks!
Also!!! I'll make stones only sellable for gold. So donators will have to take a risk trusting people if they want to buy/sell for silk (real money). If they get scammed, fuck them.

Good?

Now Elixiers. How about something like this... normal mobs don't drop elixiers.
Old real jobcave quests => Elixiers?

This means, yes you can bot quests there. But I'll make a restriction so it CANNOT be entirely automated. You will have to take quests and deliver by hand. Bot won't do this for you.

Reason: Constant small scale jobwar. AFK activity. Botting in SOME WAY has become part of the game. You wanna bot? Go bot, but people will kill you from time to time.

How about jobcave uniques? It'll drop advanced elixiers that are time based. So one advanced elixier only works for... 1h or something similar.
Or it can drop tradeable upgrade items?
You get 1. It'll be 3rd gear 10D.
If you have 3 of this item. You can fuse it together and it will become 3rd gear+1 by default.
You get 3 more of THIS new upgraded item. You can fuse it together and it will become 3rd gear +2 by default.
Do this again. it becomes +3 by default. Same level as SoM item.

But think... this will take a long time. So it'll be okay. Not every good equipment item should be untradeable.

I want you guys to be able to change your builds all the time. You done playing Bower? Go fucking switch to spear nuker or something. All options should always be open.

Let's get back to elixiers.... Dungeon mobs drop elixiers as well. More than in jobcave. Meaning... 1 night botting & accepting, delivering quests by hand = 1 dungeon.

This should be fair I guess?

We already have 3 dungeons. I'll make 2 more. So in total you can get 5 nights worth of elixiers by playing properly.

Also don't forget, dungeons will have quests that will get you a good amount of gold and other crap as well.

btw these quests will be AUTOMATICALLY added to your char when you enter the dungeon. If you complete it, then good. If you don't complete it and leave the dungeon. The quest is gone. So you ahve to start from 0 each time you enter the dungeon.

Quests will be something like: "Kill all uniques ONLY (no other mobs) inside this dungeon in 30 minutes" or "DONT kill any normal mob, only Elite mobs & uniques & champions, & giants... in 50 minutes"

Some fun stuff... We will be changing this on a weekly basis. So everyone gets a different kind of quest per day.

Good stuff eh?

Elixiers & Stones solved? Do you have better ideas? Just contribute with your own shit.

And please, please, please, for the love of your own god. Don't be an idiot and only post if you have some REAL shit to contribute.

- Akasch.
PS: Elamidas ETA: 2 Months+ ... Summer Yes, official ETA.

EDIT: Forgot to talk about the SoX stuff....
So we got this activities:
Jobbing, CTF, BA, Uniques, 5 x Dungeons, Stone pillars, 15 Auto events, Job cave.

How about this simply: You get gold coins from ALLL of this.
Gold coins = SoX.
Done. You do what you are best at. No silver coins, no other shit. Just play the game and you will get SoM.

HOWEVER.. How about quests with time limits to do combinations of these.
Let's say something like: Kill Tiger Girl (normal spawn). Kill each CTF opponent once and dont die while doing this quest. Time limit: 6 hours.
Reward: 10 Gold coins.

Now that's something you can achieve right?

Any thoughts?

[23/03/2017, 16:44:59] #Leppen: good luck getting arab players then
[23/03/2017, 16:45:28] Akasch: who cares never said I wanted them
[23/03/2017, 16:45:42] Akasch: but they will come anyways
-
[23/03/2017, 17:06:55] BlankCon: anyways, i think people are actually right
[23/03/2017, 17:07:06] BlankCon: well, you can get succeed, cuz you are akasch
[23/03/2017, 17:07:16] BlankCon: but its not worth it to do something with sro anymore
[23/03/2017, 17:07:22] BlankCon: it became like private wow
[23/03/2017, 17:08:25] Akasch: answered
[23/03/2017, 17:08:49] BlankCon: i see
[23/03/2017, 17:08:58] Akasch: I didn't even wanna do sro. My roommate said he will manage the shit out of the server. That's the only reason I'm doing this again. So why not have fun doing it? Why not try someting new? People will come, once they try it out, they will stay as well. Hopefully of course.

DONT think about players. DONT think about money. DONT DONT DONT.
That's all MY problem. Not yours. 4k+ players will be there again. I'm not accepting anything below that!

THIS is the thought behind it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adhahp View Post
Okay okay okay, make it clear. This guy '' Akasch '' he's silkroad evolutionist
in my eyes trying to change something again, you guys traderuning as slave botting, and important looking for fun something, he is creating a new idea for silkroad people this is a new generation. is not it?
Alright dungeon system perfect idea for us, for who playing silkroad since international one. Remember we were f*ked our brains for crafting some items, doing plus. Sbot doing everything for us now. I hate this, im bored silkroad (old system) when sbot crack released, you guys do not looking fun, you want to become a slave.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 03/23/2017, 16:35   #2

elite*gold: 0
I'd be curious to see how that would work, make it happen and I guess we'll see if this retarded community likes it.
Old 03/23/2017, 16:37   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudder1337 View Post
I'd be curious to see how that would work, make it happen and I guess we'll see if this retarded community likes it.
I doubt* this retarded community will actually like it
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/23/2017, 16:38   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Chocolate View Post
I doubt* this retarded community would actually like it
[11:35:23 AM] Mick / CanadianHoe: I mean
[11:35:35 AM] Mick / CanadianHoe: Community is braindead, doubt they would approve something like this
[11:35:40 AM] Evil-Akasch: **** you
[11:35:41 AM] Evil-Akasch: wait
[11:35:42 AM] Mick / CanadianHoe: but its a good idea imo
[11:35:43 AM] Evil-Akasch: **** you again
[11:35:44 AM] Evil-Akasch: wait wait
[11:35:47 AM] Evil-Akasch: **** you again and again
[11:35:49 AM] Mick / CanadianHoe: im not against you here

I know, I just told Akasch. lul.
Old 03/23/2017, 16:39   #5

Shared here as you asked me to.
Old 03/23/2017, 16:44   #6

Well sro nature always been botting for items. It belongs to sro since decades now and I do think some kind of minig system or something similiar would be great but most of this community wouldn't like it.
Mining has been a thing in every big mmorpg which are mostly based around PvE. SRO is the exact opposite of that, SRO is mainly based around mass PVP in every expect.
Thats why I play sro still, at least, since I can't find mass pvps like that in any other MMORPG .
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/23/2017, 16:47   #7

elite*gold: 50
Maybe you should fix the stability of your gameplay before considering opening a new server
Old 03/23/2017, 16:51   #8

Have fun having 10 players online on a server with those features. People who want to play mmos like this, usually play games like WoW or GW2, where literally everything you do is rewarding, such as daily quests, daily pvp etc. This community only plays fortress war, do trades and basically bot 24/7 and eventually do pvp events with guilds/friends/etc. These features don't suit this game.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/23/2017, 16:51   #9

elite*gold: 50
Create unique in sro that will be just like in Tera (manaya's core).
The idea is, unique give some debuff in circle zones, for example (water, fire). 2 guys pick that debuffs up, and should keep changing them (water to fire, fire to water) or whole party will be wiped (party limit 4). It will be fun, because u will need some communication between members.
Old 03/23/2017, 16:54   #10

It's nice on paper, but in reality it will suck:

1. People want to play Elamidas mostly because of the reputation, not features.
2. It's weird to try completely new thing in your next project ( Elamidas 2 ) coin servers when they were first made, the trading concept was nothing new, the BA / CTF aspect also. So people just combined those to make a system for SOM / SUN weapons.

Mining? I doubt it will be liked by most players. You do have a point about the SRO issues, though, but I dont think they can be fixed . You'll have to revamp Alchemy and remove + to make SRO a long-term game.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/23/2017, 16:56   #11

I had an other gameplay idea.

Lets create two "factions", traders and thieves with no suit at all. We give regions to them both and allow pvp everywhere. Lets say jg-dw is for thieves, cn-sm is for traders, hotan for both. This means they cannot bot, cuz even at the town they could be hunted down with ease and would add a lot of fun to the game and parties wont be only for uniques anymore. Also, it would be great to repot like crazy cuz people chase you soon xD

-There would be few restrictions. jg/dw - cn/sm would be under a level limit and also, there would be a basic level limit so there are no high-lvl farmers.

-Few camps all over the map, where you can do your basic things like repot, repair your things, etc.

-Faction wars weekly, with small reward to the faction winners (5x gold bonus? 5x alch chance?).
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/23/2017, 16:57   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Chocolate View Post
I doubt* this retarded community will actually like it
Professor will make it happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudder1337 View Post
That's my problem. Not yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlanker View Post

Shared here as you asked me to.
That idea is okay, but its too easy. We need a time-sink in sro. A good timesink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzazone View Post
Idian fukboi back at it again to scam peoples money
Yeah. All I want is money. Nothing else. That's why I didn't do shit for 2 years in sro. Happy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooby. View Post
Maybe you should fix the stability of your gameplay before considering opening a new server
My problem. Not yours. Stay on topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktop1 View Post
Well sro nature always been botting for items. It belongs to sro since decades now and I do think some kind of minig system or something similiar would be great but most of this community wouldn't like it.
Mining has been a thing in every big mmorpg which are mostly based around PvE. SRO is the exact opposite of that, SRO is mainly based around mass PVP in every expect.
Thats why I play sro still, at least, since I can't find mass pvps like that in any other MMORPG .
Elamidas isn't the exact opposite. We will get people doing this because Elamidas is something that enough people want since a long long time.

Didn't you notice. Each time our team did something new, everyone else also started doing that.

We will mine. Everyone else will copy this system and do it too. In future it will become part of the game just like auto events, filters, bots, job caves, coin system and so forth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlanker View Post
I had an other gameplay idea.

Lets create two "factions", traders and thieves with no suit at all. We give regions to them both and allow pvp everywhere. Lets say jg-dw is for thieves, cn-sm is for traders, hotan for both. This means they cannot bot, cuz even at the town they could be hunted down with ease and would add a lot of fun to the game and parties wont be only for uniques anymore. Also, it would be great to repot like crazy cuz people chase you soon xD

-There would be few restrictions. jg/dw - cn/sm would be under a level limit and also, there would be a basic level limit so there are no high-lvl farmers.

-Few camps all over the map, where you can do your basic things like repot, repair your things, etc.

-Faction wars weekly, with small reward to the faction winners (5x gold bonus? 5x alch chance?).
That is too big. Too many people would NOT want to participate and would be forced to do so. That'll be difficult.

As a monthly event, this WOULD WORK OUT though.

I like the idea generally speaking. Why not. Just gotta see how much work it is. But it seems somewhat okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurka333 View Post
Create unique in sro that will be just like in Tera (manaya's core).
The idea is, unique give some debuff in circle zones, for example (water, fire). 2 guys pick that debuffs up, and should keep changing them (water to fire, fire to water) or whole party will be wiped (party limit 4). It will be fun, because u will need some communication between members.
Good thinking. Mechanics (thats the name for it)... Unique mechanics are a thing for Tyrael in Elamidas since ages. But unfortunately it's never been that good.

I'll try to work out a proper way to do it. The current solution for this that I have is tooo time-consuming. If I start working on that, it will eat up 3-4 weeks easily. But hey.. at least then we can always do it on any mobs.

So yes (if I have spare time) this will be on the to-do list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaughtwtf View Post
It's nice on paper, but in reality it will suck:

1. People want to play Elamidas mostly because of the reputation, not features.
2. It's weird to try completely new thing in your next project ( Elamidas 2 ) coin servers when they were first made, the trading concept was nothing new, the BA / CTF aspect also. So people just combined those to make a system for SOM / SUN weapons.

Mining? I doubt it will be liked by most players. You do have a point about the SRO issues, though, but I dont think they can be fixed . You'll have to revamp Alchemy and remove + to make SRO a long-term game.
#1. Elamidas received its reputation THROUGH features. So people want that too.
#2. All changes are weird. All new things are weird. That's not a valid reason dude.

I didn't even wanna do sro. My roommate said he will manage the shit out of the server. That's the only reason I'm doing this again. So why not have fun doing it? Why not try someting new? People will come, once they try it out, they will stay as well. Hopefully of course.

And you keep saying.. people people people. To be honest, a HUGE part of all servers out there is a bad copy of Elamidas, Skalidor, Velestia, Dymer, PlaySRO, And the old old old server that Caipi, Lasty etc worked on. Forgot the name.

Be open for the future @
A lot of things are changing very very fast these years. Be open!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brklol View Post
Have fun having 10 players online on a server with those features. People who want to play mmos like this, usually play games like WoW or GW2, where literally everything you do is rewarding, such as daily quests, daily pvp etc. This community only plays fortress war, do trades and basically bot 24/7 and eventually do pvp events with guilds/friends/etc. These features don't suit this game.
Don't hate the game here. Hate the players.
Now stop hating and move your ass and do something about the problem.
If you dont wanna do it, then don't stop others trying.

Positive thinking is needed.

[23/03/2017, 17:07:16] BlankCon: but its not worth it to do something with sro anymore
Old 03/23/2017, 17:24   #13

By posting this you literally asked for criticism and all you do is beeing cooky.
Btw.: 'Your coin-system' was done by serveral other people before on unpopular servers.
Also you just got lucky once with gathering many people and running your server KINDA stable <-- Thats your reputation noting else.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 03/23/2017, 17:39   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktop1 View Post
By posting this you literally asked for criticism and all you do is beeing cooky.
Btw.: 'Your coin-system' was done by serveral other people before on unpopular servers.
Also you just got lucky once with gathering many people and running your server KINDA stable <-- Thats your reputation noting else.
I am cocky. True that. I am what I am. Should I change it because you want that or others do? Sorry, ain't happening. Take things as they are, no point in hating the unchangeable here.

Also. YES it is not MY coinsystem. I never said that and I never meant that either.

Please read properly, thanks.

Quote:
Everyone else will copy this system and do it too. In future it will become part of the game just like auto events, filters, bots, job caves, coin system and so forth.
Plus.
I got lucky you say?
Doing something different than the masses, doing it properly and partially(!) professionally is luck.

You @ seem to be very narrow minded.
PS: I said "SEEM TO BE". Maybe you're not. But I don't even wanna know. So don't start explaining or something. Your **** is your ****. My **** is my ****.
Let's keep it that way.
Old 03/23/2017, 17:48   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalblade* View Post
Professor will make it happen.

That's my problem. Not yours.

That idea is okay, but its too easy. We need a time-sink in sro. A good timesink.

Yeah. All I want is money. Nothing else. That's why I didn't do shit for 2 years in sro. Happy?

My problem. Not yours. Stay on topic.

Elamidas isn't the exact opposite. We will get people doing this because Elamidas is something that enough people want since a long long time.

Didn't you notice. Each time our team did something new, everyone else also started doing that.

We will mine. Everyone else will copy this system and do it too. In future it will become part of the game just like auto events, filters, bots, job caves, coin system and so forth.

That is too big. Too many people would NOT want to participate and would be forced to do so. That'll be difficult.

As a monthly event, this WOULD WORK OUT though.

I like the idea generally speaking. Why not. Just gotta see how much work it is. But it seems somewhat okay.

Good thinking. Mechanics (thats the name for it)... Unique mechanics are a thing for Tyrael in Elamidas since ages. But unfortunately it's never been that good.

I'll try to work out a proper way to do it. The current solution for this that I have is tooo time-consuming. If I start working on that, it will eat up 3-4 weeks easily. But hey.. at least then we can always do it on any mobs.

So yes (if I have spare time) this will be on the to-do list.

#1. Elamidas received its reputation THROUGH features. So people want that too.
#2. All changes are weird. All new things are weird. That's not a valid reason dude.

I didn't even wanna do sro. My roommate said he will manage the shit out of the server. That's the only reason I'm doing this again. So why not have fun doing it? Why not try someting new? People will come, once they try it out, they will stay as well. Hopefully of course.

And you keep saying.. people people people. To be honest, a HUGE part of all servers out there is a bad copy of Elamidas, Skalidor, Velestia, Dymer, PlaySRO, And the old old old server that Caipi, Lasty etc worked on. Forgot the name.

Be open for the future @
A lot of things are changing very very fast these years. Be open!

Don't hate the game here. Hate the players.
Now stop hating and move your ass and do something about the problem.
If you dont wanna do it, then don't stop others trying.

Positive thinking is needed.

Haven't made any statement that involves any hate about the game. I'm just saying that your ideas don't fit the game. Make it so that people will actually move their lazy asses and actually play the game. Make it rewarding. Make it worth it. All people want to do in this game is PVP, not waste their time on boring activities which give bare rewards. You need to come up with something that actually attracts ALL players, not just a group of players within the community.

PS: Fix your attitude. You're not a GOD, you're a private server owner. That doesn't make you anything at all. Besides, look at Megamax, Chernobyl. They are a billion times better than you ever will be. Do they have an attitude like yours? Nope. No need to be an ass.
Thanks
3 Users