Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 23:48

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Project] Silkroad - The Remake

Discussion on [Project] Silkroad - The Remake within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 01/14/2017, 19:50   #31

elite*gold: 0
Würde gerne helfen, kann dir aber komischerweise keine PN schicken.
Kannst dich gerne per email an mich wenden.

LG
Old 01/21/2017, 20:51   #32

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B]ase[J]umP View Post
yes because all the arabs and turks cant run UR3 stuff on their netcafe boxes
Netcafe thing is dead now. in early years of silkroad, it was not but now it exchanged to Moba games like Dota2(now Dota3 =) ),League of Legends, Heroes of Storm etc.

Many of them are running on their computers. Thats why, there are alots of gold parties for a person.

But can not talk about arabs, I do not know their situations.

0----------------------0

I find your project awesome. And it was not just talk. You gave us some example, which shows you are into this project.

Maybe many people are thinking of "Dead Silkroad" but the good thing is , there is always a possibility of "Rebirth".

So thats why I see your projects as a start for "Rebirth" campaign. You and people like to will start their projects. In the end I hope you pass the license thing too... I believe on this

My suggestions could be;

1-) If I were you, I think I would do firstly single play story mode. Because, like some ppl mentioned above, client-server side communication is not easy and implementing on new kind of system will take time and hard work, and some money too. Maybe you need to rent servers for tests or buying materials for software or at some point hiring experts.

With Story mode you could gain some money for Online mode. And while on path of story mode, you will discover many things and those will help you on online mode path.

So, for story mode, you can make it as Episodes, like Life is Strange. And those episodes could be the legend histories.

But please do not make it like "Silkroad 1, Silkroad 2" etc., it does not fit. Maybe it could be ; "Silkroad : Legend I" or make relevant name for those legends.(Legend of .....)

2)There are 2 type of game plays which I and as I saw people like most; Third Person view & Moba.

Both are good on their ways. But I would recommend moba. Because, what Silkroad makes playable is people can play it with low-end pc systems too. 3rd person view need more proccessing duration which cause low fps on mid-gear systems. (Please take the base idea of it, I could be wrong on theorical part)

The reason I picked Moba is, you thinking to add wheather future and some real world mechanics which will need more proccess power on CPU side. Maybe you will find a technic in Unreal Engine (or CryEngine etc.) a future which will help to decrease High CPU & GPU necessity. Any have fun on researchs.

Maybe in future I will get more ideas for this project. I always dream a new style of Silkroad. I hope you do well on this journey.

Regards mate.
Old 02/18/2017, 17:41   #33

Any news from this project?
Old 04/16/2017, 01:40   #34

Can u post new screenshots =) im so interested how it looks right now !!! *.*
Old 04/17/2017, 05:52   #35

This is dead. It's just some one who got bored and played in a Unreal Engine Sandbox editor try to create a copy of silkroad. They have zero idea of the real client -> server coding required. Database creation etc. It's way beyond them and it takes a team of people to create a MMO game years. This guy will have given up. Sorry to sound harsh but sometimes people need to hear the hard truth.
Old 04/17/2017, 18:04   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by r7slayer View Post
This is dead. It's just some one who got bored and played in a Unreal Engine Sandbox editor try to create a copy of silkroad. They have zero idea of the real client -> server coding required. Database creation etc. It's way beyond them and it takes a team of people to create a MMO game years. This guy will have given up. Sorry to sound harsh but sometimes people need to hear the hard truth.
Everyone knew the moment this thread was posted it would never be finished. You can't just create an mmo in an engine without any further assistance or knowledge.
Old 04/18/2017, 08:01   #37

elite*gold: 350
Received Thanks: 1,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinxtra View Post
Everyone knew the moment this thread was posted it would never be finished. You can't just create an mmo in an engine without any further assistance or knowledge.
i've worked with unreal engine for 4 years and most of the features / improvements he pointed are not easy to achieve with basic knowledge of the engine

remaking Silkroad? BS.

giving up on something that is impossible to achieve solo with your current experience is not a bad thing imo

+ the author didn't reply to any of the comments in 6 months (angel)
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/18/2017, 09:39   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kankiym10 View Post
Netcafe thing is dead now. in early years of silkroad, it was not but now it exchanged to Moba games like Dota2(now Dota3 =) ),League of Legends, Heroes of Storm etc.

Many of them are running on their computers. Thats why, there are alots of gold parties for a person.

But can not talk about arabs, I do not know their situations.

0----------------------0

I find your project awesome. And it was not just talk. You gave us some example, which shows you are into this project.

Maybe many people are thinking of "Dead Silkroad" but the good thing is , there is always a possibility of "Rebirth".

So thats why I see your projects as a start for "Rebirth" campaign. You and people like to will start their projects. In the end I hope you pass the license thing too... I believe on this

My suggestions could be;

1-) If I were you, I think I would do firstly single play story mode. Because, like some ppl mentioned above, client-server side communication is not easy and implementing on new kind of system will take time and hard work, and some money too. Maybe you need to rent servers for tests or buying materials for software or at some point hiring experts.

With Story mode you could gain some money for Online mode. And while on path of story mode, you will discover many things and those will help you on online mode path.

So, for story mode, you can make it as Episodes, like Life is Strange. And those episodes could be the legend histories.

But please do not make it like "Silkroad 1, Silkroad 2" etc., it does not fit. Maybe it could be ; "Silkroad : Legend I" or make relevant name for those legends.(Legend of .....)

2)There are 2 type of game plays which I and as I saw people like most; Third Person view & Moba.

Both are good on their ways. But I would recommend moba. Because, what Silkroad makes playable is people can play it with low-end pc systems too. 3rd person view need more proccessing duration which cause low fps on mid-gear systems. (Please take the base idea of it, I could be wrong on theorical part)

The reason I picked Moba is, you thinking to add wheather future and some real world mechanics which will need more proccess power on CPU side. Maybe you will find a technic in Unreal Engine (or CryEngine etc.) a future which will help to decrease High CPU & GPU necessity. Any have fun on researchs.

Maybe in future I will get more ideas for this project. I always dream a new style of Silkroad. I hope you do well on this journey.

Regards mate.
I like that idea and that is the only thing I can do atm. The communication between the client and the server/database is really not easy! And I'm new in this engine, so I've got a lot of things to learn, but I don't give up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybtek View Post
Any news from this project?
Well, you should know that I'm a student and atm I don't have enough time to work on this project. I learned about 3-4 months for my exams now and a new semester is incoming. I'll freeze this project for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r7slayer View Post
Yes, atm I will freeze the project with the hope, that anybody sees this thread and maybe create a collab of different programmers and designers to end this project. When I'll continue, I'll create a offline-version of this first, because the communication between client and database/server is complex and I need to learn a lot first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1QB0SS :3 View Post
i've worked with unreal engine for 4 years and most of the features / improvements he pointed are not easy to achieve with basic knowledge of the engine

remaking Silkroad? BS.

giving up on something that is impossible to achieve solo with your current experience is not a bad thing imo

+ the author didn't reply to any of the comments in 6 months (angel)
I'm proud to read that, of course it's not cool that I'll freeze the project now. Atm it's very hard to study and programming the game, it's like study twice.
The state of the game is, that I created the whole movement correctly (like WOW), a full inventory system was made and a simple equipment system. I created a simple weather system that changes with pressing the programmed buttons, that's all I've got now. - because of the missing time and the knowledge I can't go more forward now. I need to learn first.
I'll create a showcase of my offline-version of the game when I've got time to implement more to my game.
Old 04/26/2017, 19:39   #39

Just wanted to kill your enthusiasm with fire but then i decided to let life to do it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/27/2017, 15:20   #40

elite*gold: 1
Would like to see this happen seen it before but it never opened.
Old 06/14/2017, 00:12   #41

Because the main part of the work we're currently doing is hiring volunteers and collecting more ideas. This isn't a dead project by so far, this is something being over time. I hope you understand that it is taking its time if you're in a small amount of volunteers as the work flow increases as you get more people.

Quote:

There's always potential for a remake of an already existing game, especially for Silkroad online. It depends on how far your creativity and knowledge can mess with the gameplay itself to still stay in focus of the purpose of the game (e.g. What is it the game makes you wanna play it?). A project/fan-project has always a higher effort in the beginning years. Most of the volunteers join later on when a decent percentage of the game has already been tested and done.

Quote:

My suggestions could be;

You won't need a server to test, you can go local first of all for all test.

Quote:
Neither nor, because Legend stuff. legend here, legend there. Doesn't match to a proper project. I'm already thinking of something completely different but still relation to its story.

Quote:
We're currently safe with 3rd person mode but also overworking and testing all day long to investigate a proper gameplay. Silkroad players have been risen with moba but in my opinion moba is just outdated.

Quote:
My computer was shit when i started to play Blade & Soul and even on low quality preferences I was able to play smooth.

Quote:
Well, we actually put an eye on details as well, especially in purpose of saving gpu/cpu.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/08/2017, 15:22   #42

Cool project! Any update news ?
Old 09/08/2017, 16:30   #43

elite*gold: 10
Geile Idee, alles alles Gute
Old 06/25/2018, 19:55   #44

Hey, I can not see you on twitch anymore. Can you share the state of the project? And Shall we open a discord server as well?

Even without the server, DM me your discord. I want to keep in contact with you.
Old 06/26/2018, 03:42   #45

elite*gold: 350
Received Thanks: 1,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by legendarynacar View Post
Hey, I can not see you on twitch anymore. Can you share the state of the project? And Shall we open a discord server as well?

Even without the server, DM me your discord. I want to keep in contact with you.
it's obviously dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendarynacar View Post
Nope he is not. We have being talking in twitch. He streamed irregularly in 2018.

You should see how he proceeded.

Definitly check these:

this is not the same guy if i'm not being mistaken

Tags
engine, incoming, remake, silkroad, unreal