Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 01:09

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[POLL] Sylvanes (VSRO v1.274) Daily Quest

Discussion on [POLL] Sylvanes (VSRO v1.274) Daily Quest within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

View Poll Results: What Daily Quest system would you like to see on Sylvanes?
Silkroad LUA based Quests, because... 12 30.77%
Syloxx SQL based Quests, bacause... 19 48.72%
I don't like Daily Quests, because... 8 20.51%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08/31/2015, 21:51   #31

elite*gold: 60
Received Thanks: 6,475
Do you know that you can add new entries to the textuisystem.txt and force the client to use them via data packet manipulation ?
Old 08/31/2015, 22:00   #32

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastThief* View Post
Do you know that you can add new entries to the textuisystem.txt and force the client to use them via data packet manipulation ?
Code:
m_Session.SendClientNotice("UIIT_STT_ANTICHEAT_ARENA_LEVEL");
When sending this won't you get plain UIIT_STT_ANTI_CHEAT_ARENA_LEVEL mesage instead of data from textuisystem.txt? The UIIT_ thingy are hardcoded so there has to be a kind of .dll on client side which parses them.
Old 08/31/2015, 22:04   #33

elite*gold: 56
Quote:
yes, i knew that but we dont talk about adding a string we talk about replacing a string wich is loaded by the client

in case

killing monster = Quest_Type: 1
collect item = Quest_Type: 2
deliver item = Quest_Type: 3
reach optlevel = Quest_Type: 4

lets handle it with ID's idk how its handled in the packet because i never took a look there but well i know how to think logic

The gameserver sends to the client all required datas Quest_Type, Quest_ID, ID of NPC and Monster / Item bla bla

out of the ID's the client generates the strings and build it in the Quest Windows

how you wanna manupulate that? idk what happen if you send a non existing Quest_Type and i also dont know if its possible just by adding the new quest_type in the media.pk2

but if its possible to add UIIT_blabla_bla in the packet and the client will show this message then joymax worked really stupid because as far as i know packets never used these UIIT stings they was all the time triggered by the sro_client.exe
Old 08/31/2015, 22:07   #34

And what's hard about injecting the dll that handles such kind of stuff in the sro_client ? It's pretty easy actually, it just requires lots of work.

You should go ahead and parse the 3013 COMPLETELY without a single error and you will know it's possible to create custom quests via the filter (Even with your own set goals, not necessarily sro provided ones and yes I've done something similar in my/Akasch's hybird emulator).
Old 08/31/2015, 22:13   #35

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
And what's hard about injecting the dll that handles such kind of stuff in the sro_client ? It's pretty easy actually, it just requires lots of work.
"Everything is easy, just hard to do" - said one guy from another topic. I would agree that the function of fetching these UIIT_ prefixed text are easy, but it's about the quests and they are foreign, when it comes to add some kind of new type. Also, using the filter as custom quest handler would require to emulate some new "LUA" functions.. Actually we want similar result as its with LUA quest. Well yes, .dll would be required as the base for the custom stuff.
Old 08/31/2015, 22:13   #36

Quote:
ye, injecting a DLL i don't like that, i wanna keep as much as possible native.

maybe if Microsoft release .NET native for windows applications maybe then we can talk about that

but right now... nah thanks

anyway, whats so hard of having such a conversation?
its way better to talk like that don't you think so?
Old 08/31/2015, 22:16   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by xGyros View Post
"Everything is easy, just hard to do" - said one guy from another topic. I would agree that the function of fetching these UIIT_ prefixed text are easy, but it's about the quests and they are foreign, when it comes to add some kind of new type. Also, using the filter as custom quest handler would require to emulate some new "LUA" functions.. Actually we want similar result as its with LUA quest. Well yes, .dll would be required as the base for the custom stuff.
What that guy from the other topic is UTTER bullshit, we are speaking here of somethings that are TOTALLY possible but they just require skill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syloxx View Post
ye, injecting a DLL i don't like that, i wanna keep as much as possible native.

maybe if Microsoft release .NET native for windows applications maybe then we can talk about that

but right now... nah thanks

anyway, whats so hard of having such a conversation?
its way better to talk like that don't you think so?
How would you inject C# dll into C++ exe ? It's not possible unless you use CLR hosting or COM in C#,Also ask yourself dunno, you always start your argument with "you are Arab" so that's pretty explains itself.
Old 08/31/2015, 22:20   #38

Quote:
How would you inject C# dll into C++ exe ? It's not possible unless you use CLR hosting or COM in C#,Also ask yourself dunno, you always start your argument with "you are Arab" so that's pretty explains itself.
i doens't talk about the DLL i talked about the packet filter
why out source stuff in C# if it can be done way faster in SQL?
i'll use a packetfilter just for exploit handling the rest will be done via SQL
Old 08/31/2015, 22:26   #39

Not everything can be done via SQL.
Old 08/31/2015, 22:29   #40

Quote:
Not everything can be done via SQL.
but the most can be done it may require a teleport or so but thats why return scrolls with 0sec delay exists