Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 16:47

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Does the server cap affect how long will it last?

Discussion on Does the server cap affect how long will it last? within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

View Poll Results: Do you think that the server cap affects how long will the server last?
Yes, the cap affects how long will the server last 22 66.67%
No, the cap doesn't affect how long will the server last. 11 33.33%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old   #1

elite*gold: 77
Does the server cap affect how long will it last?

Hey, as you have seen in the past years, every 10d server or lower degree didn't last 1 year. most of them died in less than 3 months, do you think that the server cap affect how long will it last?
Let's take silkroad.ws, silkroad europe, blaze sro , demonroad as examples.
Silkroad.ws is a 11d server, it's online since too long time and it's still alive.
blaze sro is a 12d server, it's online since too long time and it's still alive.
silkroad europe is a 13d server (or 14d, no clue.) and it's online since long time and it's still alive.
I just wonder why does every server below cap 110 lasts max. 1~1.5 year then it literally dies? Let's take elamidas as an example, it was awesome and everyone liked it, even those who doesn't like low caps and it is dead now.

Feel free to share your opinion here.
PS: This isn't an advertisement thread, almost everybody knows the 3 mentioned servers.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/04/2015, 07:25   #2

elite*gold: 28
Received Thanks: 2,649
Honestly, I don't think a server can last more than 5-6 months.

No matter what cap, features, etc. It is to come to an end during this period. It's about the people not the server.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/04/2015, 07:26   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ​Exo View Post
Honestly, I don't think a server can last more than 5-6 months.
silkroad.ws has been online for 4 years and it's still online ^^
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/04/2015, 07:29   #4

elite*gold: 0
I think its about community and about the staff of a server. There are no loyal players anymore, they switch every month to another server..
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/04/2015, 07:31   #5

elite*gold: 28
Received Thanks: 2,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonius* View Post
silkroad.ws has been online for 4 years and it's still online ^^
Coin System. Egys. Turks. Hello?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquey View Post
I think its about community and about the staff of a server. There are no loyal players anymore, they switch every month to another server..
Dude, it's a game, there's no loyalty in that. It's business. Better wins!
Old 07/04/2015, 07:42   #6

A new server has been added to the list, demonroad. now we have 4 servers
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/04/2015, 07:52   #7

Received Thanks: 1,188
I think that it depends on the players who are playing on the server. If someone failed to improve his items or failed to occupy any fortress, he would leave the server directly. They don't care about the server.

I also agree with @Exo words "it's a business"
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/09/2015, 01:29   #8

elite*gold: 62
Received Thanks: 2,066
I honestly think it's gonna come that far that this community will fk so much up that everyone will go play back to iSRO. Each day, don't know how many useless servers getting up and 70% opens to make some money and closes after few weeks.
We all know joymax does the same but they're still over 9 Years online and still got don't know how many players. They even do alot of more events and 'fixed' the lag (can't prove it) [FB Source] but ye, that's my opinion and I agree with the comments ^ , it's about the community, not the server nor the features
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/09/2015, 04:03   #9

elite*gold: 50
Servers above 110 cap seemingly lasts longer.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/09/2015, 05:22   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hihi. View Post
Servers above 110 cap seemingly lasts longer.
+1, that's what I see ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by XENijX* View Post
I honestly think it's gonna come that far that this community will fk so much up that everyone will go play back to iSRO. Each day, don't know how many useless servers getting up and 70% opens to make some money and closes after few weeks.
We all know joymax does the same but they're still over 9 Years online and still got don't know how many players. They even do alot of more events and 'fixed' the lag (can't prove it) [FB Source] but ye, that's my opinion and I agree with the comments ^ , it's about the community, not the server nor the features
I was gonna register n download iSRO yesterday but their website was laggy as **** and this doesn't look promising, so I just gave up and didn't download it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/09/2015, 05:28   #11

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 3,239
A totally different story now, in my opinion, I would say the project/server protection (only matters) it will decide for how long you will keep your project running. not the server futures, nor the community. Their actions depends on you and how you manage to run the server by your own actions. As a player you're supposed to be informed about the server inspection/update whatever.. So simply they will be losing their patient once the server suddenly goes down Or once you find some bugs are being abused by specific players. They will ask you (why did you open a server if you're not well prepared)

Conclusion:
few players with their friends: (bye bye server)
rumours spread like a poison about the server with a bad reputation.

Result:
They start leaving one by one, you can't play in a dead server
(server closed)
(Request to close the thread).

Since you can't find a single stable server at the advertisement section without a fail start recorded on their history. it's the main problem which reduces your play-base which leaves you no choice but to repeat the same cycle.

If we're talking about the community here, you guys are blaming them for something caused by you and no-one else.

there're 2 types of players, those jumping from server to another (with a name) seeking for fun with their groups or the right analysis for this ( Guild war fans) trying to establish their guild name here and there.

The 2nd type those players seeking for experience, those who left Isro/sro-r world with a lot of hopes expecting this server is perfect for them (wait that's a bit dramatic lol). ''not mentioned (those who left the Sro scene) but they're waiting for some reason''

Advertise your server in a good way will simply increase the amount of your player-base and the chance to stay longer if no mistakes occurred this period.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/09/2015, 07:17   #12

Lemme expand my opinion by a fixed angle of an economic vision.

There are two theories, before making or doing any steps, that you must get to know.

The first one is simply as following,

Once the players start to join the server and once the server become to be populated, players start to get players. You can describe this last like a twisted rope between everyone. In a word, PLAYERS GET PLAYERS.

The second one is simply as following,

Once the players start to leave the server and once the server become to be populated, players start to leave each one by one. In a word, ONE PLAYER LEAVE, 1000 PLAYERS AFTER LEAVE.

What is our conclusion? Simply, PLAYERS ARE ATTACHED!
Then, what is the problem? I didn't understand that do you mean.
I mean, that if you satisfy the players' needs and if you keep your server updated and always tuned like DemonRoad, SilkRoad Europe, etc.. Your server will never shut down. You know something? Once the players finish the server gameplay that they pass on, they start to get bored of doing nothing. We're not talking about how long it will last? We're talking about updating the server cap.

Let's get the best example of the best and respected developer of the whole SilkRoad scene who released his server twice. His server that was a piece of diamond 'Myth Online' by 'Synx'.

Was there any problems with the server? No. Everything was just perfect. The problem only was buried in the server plan. I always asked myself? This server was a HIGH-CAP server like those servers who are still online for years now. I wanted to give an opinion just there during the scene telling no, don't go for Cap 125 directly with all the features. Make at least, Cap 110 with all features and systems of that Cap for SIX months, for example. People were tryin' very hard to complete the server gameplay, many of them will be able to do that. But once you feel like that the server is full of players who had completed the gameplay, you can simply update your server to Cap 120 with all of its features. Keeping your players updated, keeping your players busy and hurry don't give them anytime to think about :

'What about changing the server? I've completed its whole gameplay. No updates, no shit. I'll try to do plus my weapon and my whole set to check my luck in this server, if it failed, lemme getta out of here. If it all succeed, I'll continue playing some few days again in addition like a Boss, then bored, then leave.'

After it, a simple release of Cap 125 with its features for another six months, those *CAP* updates are very important to keep a server alive with features. In conclusion, In order to have a good and long-term server, you'll be able to have a 1.5 year server if you do not have the luck.

Lemme explain in addition, the OLD-CAP servers. Why they don't survive for more than even one year?

Simply, because you cannot update the server CAP. For example, if you had a Cap 60 server, you'll be able to do CAP 70, 80, 90, 100 after. But, you'll change that direction of server cap to HIGH-CAP server that will provoke the closure of the server because the players got bored of completing the gameplay and doing nothing.

Let's analyze, a small personal vision.
Velestia -> What is the problem?
Velestia 2 (Skalidor) -> What is the problem?
Skalidor 2 (Elamidas) -> What is the problem?
Elamidas 2 (?) -> What is the problem?

Why those *PERFECT* and *SUCCESSFUL* servers didn't survive? Like, atleast one of these should had survived. No problem of game administration, no problem of server gameplay. Problem of players? Maybe not. But, it's a retroversal problem.

Like, put yourself in a player position. You're done of playing the server, completed everything. Then, what? PvP with our friends? Yes, and? What is after? Nothing.

Those servers who *do* have something to update or to release in order to make sure the players won't get bored, will survive.

Want to make a successful OLD-CAP private server that I would really appreciate is the *SOLIDARITY* between the diffused developers there and there.
Like, let's analyze from another vision. Let's bet that the whole private silkroad servers are around of [100] servers. If every server wanted to have a full capacity, we must have 100,000 players which is impossible.

The golden age of SilkRoad was five years ago before the release of Cap 120 and its features. Did we ever passed this real amount of players with the original one? Like, a diffused private silkroad scene won't help anyone to survive. A well-strongly made server with a stable gameplay and gameserver plus a respected professional team open the way for a good and safe server.

Opening a server and advertising it is not so easy, it is a grand responsibility that you should take care of. If you're not able, then don't. Our experience in SilkRoad has already reached the max.

SilkRoad Online is going to die before 2020, its files will spread all around the whole scene. The last oxygen, the still surviving of SilkRoad will be in the private silkroad scene. Many players will leave, other will join. kSRO is already dead same as SilkRoad-R.

WE must after all, stand up together to achieve our intentions. That's all.

Thanks!, Blowatomix.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/09/2015, 07:39   #13

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 3,239
^
Indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowatomix View Post
WE must after all, stand up together to achieve our intentions. That's all.
Regarding to this part, it was suggested somewhere.
a group of experienced users standing together in one Sro project. just imagine that, would be much better than Joymax itself.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/09/2015, 09:04   #14

Received Thanks: 1,188
@Spidy 3rd type: players who are leaving any server because they failed their items
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/09/2015, 12:49   #15

Cap doesn't affect how long wil last, is just the players inside every server, they get bored and search another server, they aren't very loyal ...
Thanks
1 User