Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 04:35

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Opinions] Map tightening on a job-based server.

Discussion on [Opinions] Map tightening on a job-based server. within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 03/28/2015, 19:11   #16

elite*gold: 15
Received Thanks: 1,357
~2.7 with EU maps as well+jangan tomb.
Old 03/28/2015, 20:13   #17

elite*gold: 28
Received Thanks: 2,649
y u guys no sarcasm ;(
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/28/2015, 21:16   #18

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalblade* View Post
since everybody is trashtalking and nobody seems to actually understand the meaning of what bodo mentioned.. let me show my perspective.

When I was at Dymer & Devias, we didn't have any kind of anti cheat mechanism in place. We had the china + roc only as maps. Cheating was huge. Player count was around 1k at that time. Cities were full, everyone had fun. Cheating was un-affected.

You cannot stop cheating by making the map smaller. It won't help at all.

Also, @Exo there is no "RAM" problem when using all maps. With china only the gameserver eats what.. 2.7gb? With all maps it eats what... 3GB?
Discussing money there because of 300MBs is stupid.

@Bodo again
Go with china only if you dont have more than 600-700 players. If you want to concentrate players on specific trading routes, you can build "Special trade routes" like I have. That concentrates jobbing onto a smaller map, however leaves you the benefit of having more trade routes. This will be helpful if, by any chance, there are more thieves than Trader/hunters on the server.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWickedNite View Post
~2.7 with EU maps as well+jangan tomb.

If HWID limit is sorted out it and simple queries that make your goods disappear in case taken by a thief from in-town that would solve a lot of issues but I'm talking about goods being dropped outside town. What I'm trying to reach for is having the players themselves hunt down cheaters and steal their goods legitimately and maybe that is not possible but I understand your thing with China only because there aren't overpowered wizards that can kill the spawns easily or overpowered buffs but one of my goals is to reach a balanced gameplay between CH & EU. Therefore, I'm grateful to have you talking about the actual topic and stating an actual solution but it goes against my goals with the server.

About the special routes, I'm not quite getting the full picture.. could you clarify with more details please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
y u guys no sarcasm ;(
To be honest, I think the guy has a point. Every time something is posted in this section, we all go way off-topic in no time.
Old 03/29/2015, 00:03   #19

elite*gold: 85
Received Thanks: 1,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodo1995 View Post
If HWID limit is sorted out it and simple queries that make your goods disappear in case taken by a thief from in-town that would solve a lot of issues but I'm talking about goods being dropped outside town. What I'm trying to reach for is having the players themselves hunt down cheaters and steal their goods legitimately and maybe that is not possible but I understand your thing with China only because there aren't overpowered wizards that can kill the spawns easily or overpowered buffs but one of my goals is to reach a balanced gameplay between CH & EU. Therefore, I'm grateful to have you talking about the actual topic and stating an actual solution but it goes against my goals with the server.

About the special routes, I'm not quite getting the full picture.. could you clarify with more details please?

To be honest, I think the guy has a point. Every time something is posted in this section, we all go way off-topic in no time.
About special routes. Check out the Velestia, Skalidor or Elamidas thread. You'll find pictures and videos there or take a look at youtube, you can find multiple videos there.

To make players themselves "hunt down" cheaters doesn't work directly. When leaving the city in DW east, they can just go upwards. Nobody goes up there, easy cheating.

Just making the map smaller isn't going to make it.

I can tell you about the idea which we will implement in Elamidas later.

So first, we've got quite a lot of anti-cheat stuff running on Elamidas as is, at the moment, cheating isn't easy. 4+ people need to actively collaborate together to be able to cheat. (I made the anti cheat so obviously I know the loopholes).

So my next idea was the following:

Thief kills trade pet.
A single "big" unpickable good drops displaying the time remaining until the goods appear on the ground.
The time depends on the thief and trader level. Thief lvl 1 => highest CD. A higher trader level increase the time until its pickable (or allows the trader to make goods pickable after a certain time passes BUT until a max time obviously).

The goal is to have more jobwar while thiefing & trading. It makes it a lot harder to cheat, since the chance that normal players pass by is higher. Additionally, if there is no real jobwar around the place, a "cheat suspicion flag" is increased, making it possible for GMs and supporters to take a look at the characters later on.

This stuff would be on TOP of the existing anti cheat. It simply makes cheating a lot harder again. Also, since we will have a unified job chat, calling reinforcements will become very easy. All active jobbers can chat in their own jobgroup (trader/hunter or thieves)

So yeah, if you want to stop cheating, you have to do it properly. Idea like making the map smaller wont do shit.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/29/2015, 12:40   #20

elite*gold: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
me arab u arab me conbix u conbix
i arab with you we arab we immortal arab xD

Quote:
we maybe have wifi in the desert here in Abu Dhabi but it's still slow
maybe dl speed is 10mb(s)/sec or higher(slow net speed in dubai)? you probably never tried egyptian internet xD
Old 03/29/2015, 13:43   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalblade* View Post
About special routes. Check out the Velestia, Skalidor or Elamidas thread. You'll find pictures and videos there or take a look at youtube, you can find multiple videos there.

To make players themselves "hunt down" cheaters doesn't work directly. When leaving the city in DW east, they can just go upwards. Nobody goes up there, easy cheating.

Just making the map smaller isn't going to make it.

I can tell you about the idea which we will implement in Elamidas later.

So first, we've got quite a lot of anti-cheat stuff running on Elamidas as is, at the moment, cheating isn't easy. 4+ people need to actively collaborate together to be able to cheat. (I made the anti cheat so obviously I know the loopholes).

So my next idea was the following:

Thief kills trade pet.
A single "big" unpickable good drops displaying the time remaining until the goods appear on the ground.
The time depends on the thief and trader level. Thief lvl 1 => highest CD. A higher trader level increase the time until its pickable (or allows the trader to make goods pickable after a certain time passes BUT until a max time obviously).

The goal is to have more jobwar while thiefing & trading. It makes it a lot harder to cheat, since the chance that normal players pass by is higher. Additionally, if there is no real jobwar around the place, a "cheat suspicion flag" is increased, making it possible for GMs and supporters to take a look at the characters later on.

This stuff would be on TOP of the existing anti cheat. It simply makes cheating a lot harder again. Also, since we will have a unified job chat, calling reinforcements will become very easy. All active jobbers can chat in their own jobgroup (trader/hunter or thieves)

So yeah, if you want to stop cheating, you have to do it properly. Idea like making the map smaller wont do shit.
Sounds like something that's gonna be pain in the ass to develop but it is actually a good idea, just needs a lot of calculations and a few tests. I'll try to work on it, thanks a lot.
Old 03/30/2015, 11:24   #22

Smaller map is better, if there is full map ppl will use max like 2-3 towns, others is just for plvl or going for a trades with a hope not to find thiefs in empty areas, so smaller map if forcing you to make trades in crowded areas and that should increase activity.
About cheating - players have to understand that if they do they will get ip ban with out any warning if you say like: Stop it , nobody gives a f*k and ofcourse some anti cheat is important too but it doesnt mean that must be ultra extra pro one, you also can make reward for those who report cheating players.
Old 03/30/2015, 11:49   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulejasas View Post
Smaller map is better, if there is full map ppl will use max like 2-3 towns, others is just for plvl or going for a trades with a hope not to find thiefs in empty areas, so smaller map if forcing you to make trades in crowded areas and that should increase activity.
About cheating - players have to understand that if they do they will get ip ban with out any warning if you say like: Stop it , nobody gives a f*k and ofcourse some anti cheat is important too but it doesnt mean that must be ultra extra pro one, you also can make reward for those who report cheating players.
Thing is nowadays, you ban a player he curses you here and you have no option to block people from commenting on your threads because well 'this is a free forum' as I keep hearing from people in charge. You have to make the system as unabusable as possible to avoid banning players in the first place because if you ban somebody they won't accept it. They will take their crew and get out then come and trash your thread.
Old 03/30/2015, 12:02   #24

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 3,239
Quote:
Thing is nowadays, you ban a player he curses you here and you have no option to block people from commenting on your threads because well 'this is a free forum' as I keep hearing from people in charge. You have to make the system as unabusable as possible to avoid banning players in the first place because if you ban somebody they won't accept it because this community sucks *****. They will take their crew and get out then come and trash your thread.
Sorry but hate/flame posts against the rules.
when a user starts insulting/swearing at the Op's thread so simply it means it will be cleaned.

someone here with a bad memory..

(Edit your comment) you see ! I'm nice
Old 03/30/2015, 12:24   #25

You can be nicer and say 'edit your comment' but whatever
Old 03/30/2015, 13:07   #26

I wanna go Dubai , im at university, learning bussines admistration you guys recommend Dubai ?
Old 03/30/2015, 13:29   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinVarel View Post
I wanna go Dubai , im at university, learning bussines admistration you guys recommend Dubai ?
off-topic but yes I'd highly recommend Dubai but you better start saving because that's some serious money we're talking about when it comes to Dubai but if you're going to Dubai to switch Universities I wouldn't recommend you to do that. They're all overpriced and shitty except the CUD. The only good universities here are AUS and NYU. Rest are shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidy. View Post
(Edit your comment) you see ! I'm nice
Last edited by Spidy.; Today at 11:29.

Too late

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonius* View Post
maybe dl speed is 10mb(s)/sec or higher(slow net speed in dubai)? you probably never tried egyptian internet xD
I'm pretty sure you heard of a company called Etisalat. It has its own branch in Egypt and its mobile internet subscriptions are shitty. Imagine what's the origin of this company? The company was founded here in the UAE and it is the only internet provider in the country and 1GB of internet costs double renting a badass 128gb ram dedicated server with even higher speed of internet and yes I did try Egyptian internet and maybe here it's better but both are still shit in the end. Therefore, renting a dedicated server is always better unless you live in Romania or Germany.