Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 18:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[LIST] Skilled Silkroad Developers

Discussion on [LIST] Skilled Silkroad Developers within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 85
Received Thanks: 1,643
Post [LIST] Skilled Silkroad Developers

Due to the fact that the normal request thread consists of almost only really bad people. I'm making this thread to gather everyone who actually has skills.

Tell me what you can do exactly. Give your skype address and get tested properly. Then this first post gets edited with the names, contacts and info about the person.

It's a thread to search for people who got skills in a certain area. Its a thread to show exactly what they can do, have done and what each persons limit is.

@Portal & Creationist: Sticky the thread, let me have a go at making a PROPER developer list of experienced people. I'll test them with the Skalidor team. We've got someone good for each area already. So why don't we create some kind of proper place to gather them.

How to 'apply':

Explain yourself, who you are?
What is your personal philosophy?
What is your opinion of the current psro state?
What are your skills? How good are you with those skills?
What have you done before?
What have you MADE before?

Word count should be AT LEAST over 1000 words. Otherwise there's not going to bother checking it out.
You can also include a proper biography.

If you are good at models, upload screens. If you are good at SQL, upload your procedures/queries. If you are good at pk2 edits, upload your things, too.

You can also post prices for things you sell.

Also, you will have to do a IQ test, while one of us is on teamviewer and watching you. The result will also be posted here. Yes IQ matters, especially in the sro scene!
Thanks
12 Users
Old 05/23/2014, 17:03   #2

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 3,766
#stuck

Interested in seeing how this works out. Keeping this thread clean, so please don't flame, insult or go off-topic please guys .
Thanks
6 Users
Old 05/23/2014, 18:34   #3

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverLimitNetwork View Post
so you looking for a skilled ppl to join your team ? that's what you mean ?
its totally clear ...
Old 05/23/2014, 18:51   #4

Received Thanks: 2,330
Looks like illegal silkroad developers are going to be way smarter than the legal ones.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 05/23/2014, 19:19   #5

Received Thanks: 1,455
There no reason to stick the thread there already one:

Also, he is clearly searching for people for his server and he dont care about community
Thanks
10 Users
Old 05/23/2014, 19:40   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haxor View Post

Also, he is clearly searching for people for his server and he dont care about community
He think himself as a ***, which have to control other people or work under him. This made my day!
Old 05/23/2014, 20:06   #7

elite*gold: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by CostaMixE View Post
He think himself as a ***, which have to control other people or work under him. This made my day!
He seem to have some friends here, but I, as a stranger, would like to know who is that guy that has made such a request?
Prerequisite would be at least the same filled out application, if not more, with of course an incredible result.
Because previous published work was unfortunate, but astonishingly well celebrated from the crowd(hurray).

Just as introduction from your side, because without it looks incompetent and for "real" skilled folks, who are not aware of your aptitude, insignificant.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/23/2014, 20:16   #8

Have others also noticied, that this guy has 'pretty good' relationships with the moderators? As Haxor mentioned, it's way too clear that this person has created this topic for it's own purposes.
Old 05/23/2014, 20:22   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media. View Post
He seem to have some friends here, but I, as a stranger, would like to know who is that guy that has made such a request?
Prerequisite would be at least the same filled out application, if not more, with of course an incredible result.
Because previous published work was unfortunate, but astonishingly well celebrated from the crowd(hurray).

Just as introduction from your side, because without it looks incompetent and for "real" skilled folks, who are not aware of your aptitude, insignificant.
I don't know either who is he, this is a forum, and I'm saying my opinion here.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/23/2014, 20:24   #10

I guess it's legit. Perhaps someone will finally form really professional team which could provide us with stable, balanced, smoothly running, updating, long term server . Global is running out of people, soon if no one takes things in their hands silkroad will be history. We don't want that. Pservers are opening every day with lame editions and full of bugs, closing soon after that, leaving disappointed community. Hope someone will change that in early future.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/23/2014, 20:27   #11

He's making a list of the useful developers, what's the problem?

Quote:

That list if ******* useless, atleast here we'll know who's got skills.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/23/2014, 20:44   #12

elite*gold: 85
Received Thanks: 1,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverLimitNetwork View Post
so you looking for a skilled ppl to join your team ? that's what you mean ?
Yes and no. I'm just looking for a modeller currently. We've got the rest covered.
I'm simply trying to get a proper list of people who are good... maybe you haven't noticed that the current state of all the other servers is....not looking good. If we get a proper list, I would be able to form multiple teams with them, each one working on a different cap and different gamestyle.

The "good" people would finally be able to reach their potential. They would be able to do exactly what they want.
How, you might ask?
Simply, cause I've "failed" with 2 servers so far. I did learn from those mistakes... Simply consulting other good devs who share similar believes is not bad is it?
I already know that Elamidas is going to be more or less my last server. I know that I will get players and be able to keep them.

So, I decided... instead of letting the other people quit silkroad completely due to the lack of servers on other caps which are good.. why not get people and help em to do that and keep up the sro community as a whole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimkacool View Post
Looks like illegal silkroad developers are going to be way smarter than the legal ones.
Dimka wut do ya mean by "illegal" and "legal" silkroad developers? This is simply one kind of evaluation of devs that I think have potential and people that COULD get 1k+ players on servers with just a little difference here n there.

Quote:
Haxor, as a past mod you should have the ability to read shouldn't you? There are people in that thread who are simply not telling the truth. For example "Yui", he's from egypt. One of the few egyptian friends that I've got. He said hes a admin, gm, db/pk2 dev, security manager and so on. However, he pms we for every query which is longer than 2 lines. Pms me for every gateway exploit that he gets.
I dont even fix exploits myself.... (at least not all of em).

Do you not believe that there should be a place where people are evaluated? Where people who are good but lack the social skills to express themselves properly get rewarded for their skills?
Do you seriously believe that the silkroad community will stay alive for longer than 6-7 months unless there aren't at least 5-6 GOOD servers with over 750+ people on each one?

Don't be lame and say "this is a forum, its a double post" or shit like that. There a HUGE difference!

It is important that you think about rules, yes, but look at creationist, he took the right choice by giving this thread a CHANCE! If it doesnt work out, I'm not gonna try again. However, I'll be able to sleep at night aware of the fact that I tried. I know that you don't like me for a apparent reason, however being in control, which you were as a mod, means being able to look past your selfish desire of disliking somebody and thus, making his life more difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CostaMixE View Post
He think himself as a GOD, which have to control other people or work under him. This made my day!
Oh really? If you ever worked with me before, you would've known that I'm a fucking asshole to everyone else and pretty open-minded to people who work with me. Also, people that work slash worked with me will never say they worked under me (except ace maybe), because there isnt a single decision which I do myself. For each thing, we talk in a group of 15 people and discuss the idea for hours.

Example: Elamidas..I wanted to remove EUs. Simulation didnt. So now we are wasting a few days of time to balance EU and CH properly to see if it works out. If it does, then we incorporate the EU race.. otherwise we don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media. View Post

Finally somebody who actually cares
So to the first sentence where u say "i have some friends here".... i dont actually do. I've got like 20 real friends in the sro community.. thats it. The rest are haters. Ex mod Haxor hates me, Portal probably doesnt like me either due to various reasons. Creationist is kinda neutral.
The rest of the people aren't in power.

Furthermore, your basically asking "who am I" to be able to request such ridiculous crap from other people?

Simple, think of me as a neutral bystander who only checks other people skill and quantifies them to be able to express their "level" accordingly.

About my last work being "Unfortunate" wasn't due to the work itself, rather due to a few other problems that we had. There are always bugs when you got 20x the amount of features than the other servers. The features themselves aren't bad, otherwise we wouldnt have had 2.2k people online on a server THESE DAYS, yes it makes a HUUGE difference if its these days or 2 years ago. 2 years ago everyhing was easier in terms of GETTING people.

If you want to what i can do, have a look at Velestia, have a look at Skalidor, have a look at the upcoming Elamidas. Have a look at my few releases.

Reading the Skalidor thread should give you a basic overview of myself. Its 11500 words long, I wrote it myself. It reflects my philosophy, believes and general opinions including skills. Simply, it expresses myself.
Should be enough, if you aren't satisfied, I'll go ahead and answer those questions myself.

-----------------
Anyways, enough flaming for now alright?

@Mod wanna delete all the useless posts above? I still got them all quoted in this one, so people can read it. But that spam is unnecessary.

If you find mistakes in this post, soz. Haven't read over it... simply wrote too much.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 05/23/2014, 23:34   #13

Received Thanks: 2,330
@UP illegal silkroad developers are basically developers, which develop on sro files illegally, aka leaked files devs.
Legal silkroad developers are joymax developers-employees.
Old 05/24/2014, 00:09   #14

What would guarantee an unbiased opinion and a fair "evaluation" for such candidates?

Since this thread is sticked, there should be some clarification about who is going to do this evaluation. You mentioned Skalidor's team. However, you didn't mention who are they, and what are their accomplishments that qualify them to judge people.
Old 05/24/2014, 00:45   #15

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,412
Get creationist mod -> being a azzlicker of akasch -> instant sticky.
Thanks
4 Users
Closed Thread