Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 05:35

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

What is the 'REAL' oldschool Silkroad Online?

Discussion on What is the 'REAL' oldschool Silkroad Online? within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
What is the 'REAL' oldschool Silkroad Online?

Dear Epvpers Community,

I have been watching many so called 'oldschool' servers come and go. But what is the real true meaning of the word 'oldschool'?
I'm talking about the oldschool Silkroad Online till cap 80 when there were only chinese and right before the Europe update came and destroyed it.

Share your feeling and knowledge of oldschool with us. Let's discusse about the real oldschool Silkroad Online. Describe in as many as you like what your oldschool thoughts are. I want to use all of your knowlegde and apply it in my server. This is not a server that will be up and running in a few weeks/month. I will take time and make sure it is really oldschool.

So please share your feeling, knowlegde and thougts about the REAL oldschool Silkroad Online. It would mean a lot to me if you would do this.

Just to give you a little tast of what I like from the oldschool iSro.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/17/2014, 14:57   #2

It's overrated.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 05/17/2014, 14:57   #3

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 3,766
To be honest, there is no real oldschool anymore. The only thing that is left of old-school is that nostalgic feeling you get whilst thinking about the old ecsro, sjsro, mhtc times.
Thanks
9 Users
Old 05/17/2014, 15:11   #4

elite*gold: 17
Turn your sounds on(!), go on a trade run with a level ~30 character from Jangan to Donwhang, settle your camel with a volume of only 1 star, try to fade out the fact that you know everything about the game.

Be assure that your character has totally wrong skills, proper stat points on both int and str, an awesome equipment directly from the npc, once again shut off your knowledge and try to delight the map.

A random server without edits will do well, as long as you got your awesome silkroad sounds!
Thanks
19 Users
Old 05/17/2014, 15:13   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media. View Post
Turn your sounds on(!), go on a trade run with a level ~30 character from jangan to donwhang, settle your camel with a volume of only 1 star, try to fade out the fact that you know everything about the game.

Be assure that your character has totally wrong skills, proper stat points on both int and str, an awesome equipment directly from the npc, once again shut off your knowledge and try to delight the map.

A random server without edits will do well, as long as you got your awesome silkroad sounds!
Same as me, it's nostalgic as hell. I love the Christmas theme in Jangan. Every time I login and forget to mute my sound, it brings me back to the 2008-09 times.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/17/2014, 15:21   #6

elite*gold: 17
Jangan theme in general is totally awesome, especially with the owl's noise... or was that outside of Jangan?
Old 05/17/2014, 15:52   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media. View Post
Jangan theme in general is totally awesome, especially with the owl's noise... or was that outside of Jangan?
It happens when you go out of Jangan south and etc.. When you go towards the Yeoha forest
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/17/2014, 16:24   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha. View Post
It's overrated.
Please explain, why is it overrated?
Old 05/17/2014, 16:39   #9

Received Thanks: 1,016
What the 'REAL' oldschool Silkroad Online is ? There is nothing to discuss or explain. The REAL oldschool Silkroad Online is exactly the video that u showed us. Where there was no snow, no devil spirit, no ****** coin systems, no nothing, just simply the basics of sro or lets say the meaning/the definiton of sro.
No one could ever bring that time back, neither if you put all good project leaders into one cup. That times are over and gone. It is comparable to the hairstyles in the 70s/80s or w/e, you might bring that hairstyles back but you will never bring that feeling of that time back. That´s the same with sro...
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/17/2014, 16:47   #10

elite*gold: 20
Don't try to bring back iSRO Scenes. Because they're not coming back whatever you are going to do. Nobody is going to spend 2 years to get the maximum cap level without botting/donating. nobody is going to pay to win. So just try to make a successful server taking in mind the measures of a successful p-server. Good luck.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 05/17/2014, 16:47   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
What the 'REAL' oldschool Silkroad Online is ? There is nothing to discuss or explain. The REAL oldschool Silkroad Online is exactly the video that u showed us. Where there was no snow, no devil spirit, no ****** coin systems, no nothing, just simply the basics of sro or lets say the meaning/the definiton of sro.
No one could ever bring that time back, neither if you put all good project leaders into one cup. That times are over and gone. It is comparable to the hairstyles in the 70s/80s or w/e, you might bring that hairstyles back but you will never bring that feeling of that time back. That´s the same with sro...
I understand what you just said. We can't go back in time and re-live it over again. But what we can do is make a server with the basic features of Silkroad. The only fact is that we as players need to revive that feeling by joining that server and accept the features it has. Not by QQ'ing about the low rates or silks or w/e. That is what I'm trying to do with the knowledge and thoughts from all of you guys.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/17/2014, 23:09   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3xX
The only thing that comes to my mind is this:
☄Hammer SRO►Cap 70►Low Rates►Without Coin Systems►Classic Gameplay►Join Us

As classic as private server could be to the old iSro.
* No Euros.
* Class cap 70.
* Areas that don't belong are disabled.
* No FGW/Coins/Most of the ****** new features.
* No Unique events (There's no need for them, i think it's unnatural Sro event).
* No SUN weapons/armors - as it used to be on iSro.
* Low rates.
* Old Job system.
* Alchemy +8 Max
* No OP item mall stuff.
And so on.
I understand that you are trying to promote this server. I will test it once I'm done with school.

But the reason why I set up this thread is to hear your knowlegde and thoughts about the true meaning of oldschool Silkroad and not what server is about to come online. Please give me your thoughts about the oldschool Silkroad in your own words.

Posted from elitepvpers.com App for Android
Old 05/17/2014, 23:14   #13

2.5k player
2k ppl around 1-55 level
500 player +60
No one know how to pvp
we dont know how to play sro at 2005
AND NOW WE KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT SRO.. NO FUN AT HERE.. WE REACHED EVERYTHING ( +12 weps.. SUNS .. 1 SHOT 1 KILL TG... WE DONE EVERYTHING ) This is why silkroad dead.. AND BOTTERS .. EVERYWHERE !
This game playing with hands not with bot..
LIKE DOTA / LOL it was playing with hands..
ANYWAY I HAVE NO GOOD ENGLISH FOR EXPLAIN IT.. Please learn Turkish and i can explain this easily with awesome answer
Thanks
3 Users
Old 05/17/2014, 23:54   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchM2st3r View Post
I understand that you are trying to promote this server. I will test it once I'm done with school.

But the reason why I set up this thread is to hear your knowlegde and thoughts about the true meaning of oldschool Silkroad and not what server is about to come online. Please give me your thoughts about the oldschool Silkroad in your own words.

Posted from elitepvpers.com App for Android
True meaning of real oldschool?
Find me a time machine, and let's go back to 2007-2009- That's all i can say currently
You asked for the closest experience for oldschool server now, i suggested you a server, it's your decision if you like the server or not
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/17/2014, 23:56   #15

Crowded server... no auto-login tools developed yet... trying to login for hours into this awesome new game my cousin showed me... finally logged in and get ready to play... dc...
Thanks
11 Users