Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 12:39

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Why 99.8% of PSRO Servers Fail!

Discussion on Why 99.8% of PSRO Servers Fail! within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 05/10/2014, 11:19   #31

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xardoo View Post
If someone are smart, n he can do some new things, which aren't comes to psro scene, like survival arena, server without bots can keep players.
Also I played more than 2 years ago on server 125cap, it was Dreamworld Online..
Daily 400+...
It can be happen, if somebody will find a clever head master.
but a really awesome game master on silkroad not even born yet, so **** it 8)
There's no need to ban bots completely.
Making the IP limit to 2 (Main char + Staller for example) is a great idea.
I remember i've been GA in a server where botting for more then 4 hours wasn't legal. Ofc there are players that don't respect it, but it still makes players take a risk.
The GA's would go around every 4 hours and write names of obvious botters, If the name repeated itself, they would PM the name to GM - which would DC/Ban them (Depends how much times it happened). The banns weren't for always ofc, just a few hours.
I don't remember the server's name, i just remember that a nice Egyptian guy runned it, we had like 550-750 players online daily, Was quite nice.
Old 05/10/2014, 11:22   #32

elite*gold: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3xX View Post
There's no need to ban bots completely.
Making the IP limit to 2 (Main char + Staller for example) is a great idea.
I remember i've been GA in a server where botting for more then 4 hours wasn't legal. Ofc there are players that don't respect it, but it still makes players take a risk.
The GA's would go around every 4 hours and write names of obvious botters, If the name repeated itself, they would PM the name to GM - which would DC/Ban them (Depends how much times it happened). The banns weren't for always ofc, just a few hours.
I don't remember the server's name, i just remember that a nice Egyptian guy runned it, we had like 550-750 players online daily, Was quite nice.
Proxy's ruin ip limit, remember about that..

also there shouldn't be multi-client.
Old 05/10/2014, 16:40   #33

I think this thread should go as sticky, and every new private server owner should read this.
Old 05/10/2014, 17:30   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3xX View Post
I think this thread should go as sticky, and every new serious and skilledprivate server owner should read this.
Sorry but I had to edit your post cause of 95% of nowasays server's owner are not even able to understand what has been written into this thread
Thanks
3 Users
Old 05/10/2014, 17:36   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiledsun View Post
Sorry but I had to edit your post cause of 95% of nowasays server's owner are not even able to understand what has been written into this thread
I agree.
But every server owner thinks of himself as Serious and Skilled

Currently 2 server owners sent me PM asking about all the things that we wrote here. The first one is sure that everything here is bullshit and can't be done. The other one just asked for advices.
I do believe that this community has potential, even if 1 server owners reads this thread - We did our job.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/10/2014, 17:57   #36

Received Thanks: 2,010
Quote:
99.99%
Old 05/10/2014, 18:28   #37

Server admins like me.. Too lazy to read this thread posts.. Too noob english for understand.. Unproffesional to make this suggestions
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/10/2014, 18:54   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by clericakar View Post
Server admins like me.. Too lazy to read this thread posts.. Too noob english for understand.. Unproffesional to make this suggestions
And what server do you own buddy?
Old 05/10/2014, 19:50   #39

I completely missed this thread and I opened another which is very similar as i had the forum open since yesterday :sorry: . So I'll just add what your post misses. What we need is someone who still has passion for SRO and is a known figure of this community so people would trust him.
Money is a necessity in order to get rid of the toxicity out of the community in my opinion.We should open a vote with all the different level caps,races,events,versions etc... and vote for what we want. People will have to compromise a little but our main goal should remain the same. I believe in a paid server accounts should be bought with at least $20-30 that way we'll filter a large portion of these item selling,bug abusing money grubbing cheaters, exploiters, "i have 35 brothers, we're actually cats" kind of people(multi account gold botters) etc...... AT THE SAME TIME people will think twice about flip flopping from one server to another.

"Fear is the best motivator" severe punishments are required for the sake of a successful server in my opinion. Strict rules which are agreed upon with the players are key. The players themselves should help enforce them as well for the better of the server they're playing in. Here lies a huge problem with the current private servers, their owners are ENTITLED ELITIST ******** and they think they're ***'s gift to us. They all lack people skills and their atrocious English surely doesn't help them either.

To sum up my /rant, I would think the best server would be run by a North American administrator or simply someone who is FLUENT in English (doesn't have to be the investor or the owner) who runs a retail server with strict policies and the community votes for what it wants and helps in enforcing the rules not breaking them.
Old 05/10/2014, 20:12   #40

elite*gold: 100
The fact is: We dont wanna play on "clean" servers
We need is a hard server that all wanna enjoy play & pay (to sustain the servers)
Eltsur is good to go for me, is like the old Venture with bot enabled
Besides to reach max level, you need to do quests to get top SP, trader to get gold, and unique & instances to get items.
No other server have that system, even with bot allowed, you dont wanna use them, the server stick you to the keyboard to play. Its very fun.
Old 05/10/2014, 20:21   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorNeoCortex View Post
I completely missed this thread and I opened another which is very similar as i had the forum open since yesterday :sorry: . So I'll just add what your post misses. What we need is someone who still has passion for SRO and is a known figure of this community so people would trust him.
Money is a necessity in order to get rid of the toxicity out of the community in my opinion.We should open a vote with all the different level caps,races,events,versions etc... and vote for what we want. People will have to compromise a little but our main goal should remain the same. I believe in a paid server accounts should be bought with at least $20-30 that way we'll filter a large portion of these item selling,bug abusing money grubbing cheaters, exploiters, "i have 35 brothers, we're actually cats" kind of people(multi account gold botters) etc...... AT THE SAME TIME people will think twice about flip flopping from one server to another.

"Fear is the best motivator" severe punishments are required for the sake of a successful server in my opinion. Strict rules which are agreed upon with the players are key. The players themselves should help enforce them as well for the better of the server they're playing in. Here lies a huge problem with the current private servers, their owners are ENTITLED ELITIST ASSHOLES and they think they're god's gift to us. They all lack people skills and their atrocious English surely doesn't help them either.

To sum up my /rant, I would think the best server would be run by a North American administrator or simply someone who is FLUENT in English (doesn't have to be the investor or the owner) who runs a retail server with strict policies and the community votes for what it wants and helps in enforcing the rules not breaking them.
Unfortunately most of those kiddos that ruins the p-sro scene have a lot of money so even a paid server won't stop them. The only way is a sort of QI detector, a sort of little test that will make the owners able to understand if you're clever enough to play but this is a clearly utopia.

Personally I'm just trying to get the best out from all the server I play without pretending so much. At the end of the fair this is just a game but seems to be that everyone forgot about it.

I just joined into a beta stage of one server and there was the perfect environment becouse everyone was friendly, we helped each others even if we were from diffrent guilds/countries. When someone found a bug he didn't abused it and immediatelly reported it, the GMs were friendly too and the listened to all of our suggestions.
Unfortunately I think you will never see (Yeah I'm a bit pessimist) this kind of situation when the server will be officially launched.
But hey, hope is the last to die. Just cross your fingers.
Old 05/10/2014, 21:38   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorNeoCortex View Post

"Fear is the best motivator" severe punishments are required for the sake of a successful server in my opinion. Strict rules which are agreed upon with the players are key. The players themselves should help enforce them as well for the better of the server they're playing in. Here lies a huge problem with the current private servers, their owners are ENTITLED ELITIST ASSHOLES and they think they're god's gift to us. They all lack people skills and their atrocious English surely doesn't help them either.

Well, i got to agree with you mostly.
I do think the fear of losing an account is a good motivational tool to follow the server's rules.
But you got to understand, that MOST of the community here are little kids, they don't think and don't care what will happen to their account. When you'll ban their account after they broke the rules they will just flame about the owner and about the server and leave, And because of it even more people will leave, cuz they will follow this little annoying kid like a bunch of stuped sheep.
You can't ban all the people that act like shit, but you can punish them
(Take away the item/gold they got after they used an exploit for example or ban their guild from FW).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferpa_ View Post
The fact is: We dont wanna play on "clean" servers
We need is a hard server that all wanna enjoy play & pay (to sustain the servers)
Eltsur is good to go for me, is like the old Venture with bot enabled
Besides to reach max level, you need to do quests to get top SP, trader to get gold, and unique & instances to get items.
No other server have that system, even with bot allowed, you dont wanna use them, the server stick you to the keyboard to play. Its very fun.
I agree with you 100%.
I just wish the server would progress through the caps (Until cap 100 or 110, before Sro became total shit). You can do it slowsly, each few months increasing the cap by 5 is a good idea in my opinion.

Server owners need to understand that the current Sro community wants to return to the basics, and not progress to the bullshit they're adding now.

Quote:
Unfortunately most of those kiddos that ruins the p-sro scene have a lot of money so even a paid server won't stop them. The only way is a sort of QI detector, a sort of little test that will make the owners able to understand if you're clever enough to play but this is a clearly utopia.

Personally I'm just trying to get the best out from all the server I play without pretending so much. At the end of the fair this is just a game but seems to be that everyone forgot about it.

I just joined into a beta stage of one server and there was the perfect environment becouse everyone was friendly, we helped each others even if we were from diffrent guilds/countries. When someone found a bug he didn't abused it and immediatelly reported it, the GMs were friendly too and the listened to all of our suggestions.
Unfortunately I think you will never see (Yeah I'm a bit pessimist) this kind of situation when the server will be officially launched.
But hey, hope is the last to die. Just cross your fingers.
There's no need to be pessimistic.
When other server owners will see how much popular the server you're talking about. They will have to admit they're doing something wrong, And I hope most of them will close.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/10/2014, 22:55   #43

**** i'm tottaly agree !

for me the hard servers are the best, why ? cause when you take 2~3 weeks or even 1 month to reach the max level only ... u will think 1milion time before cheat or hack or do anything leads you to ban , but look at the other side --> the players i mean they wont play in a server with low exp rate..

also the players are in love with goldbots now ! they dont play the game to have fun, no no at all they are playing to open 123123 chars and **** the server
Thanks
3 Users
Old 05/10/2014, 23:40   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlavierMe View Post
**** i'm tottaly agree !

for me the hard servers are the best, why ? cause when you take 2~3 weeks or even 1 month to reach the max level only ... u will think 1milion time before cheat or hack or do anything leads you to ban , but look at the other side --> the players i mean they wont play in a server with low exp rate..

also the players are in love with goldbots now ! they dont play the game to have fun, no no at all they are playing to open 123123 chars and **** the server
I totally agree with you dude!

Gold bots and Full multi client parties are actually the things that destroy Sro the most in my opinion.
Everyone are afk farming.
The server might have capacity of 2500/3000, but it will feel dead :/
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/11/2014, 00:04   #45

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xardoo View Post
If someone are smart, n he can do some new things, which aren't comes to psro scene, like survival arena, server without bots can keep players.
Also I played more than 2 years ago on server 125cap, it was Dreamworld Online..
Daily 400+...
It can be happen, if somebody will find a clever head master.
but a really awesome game master on silkroad not even born yet, so **** it 8)
You can't just bring back the old scenes of isro. Oneday everything has to come to an end.
Thanks
1 User