Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 04:25

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Why not limit, or remove the Advertisement section? (Post your opinion)

Discussion on Why not limit, or remove the Advertisement section? (Post your opinion) within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 11/27/2013, 23:58   #31

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by clericakar View Post
This site looking for money not looking for fcking entertaintment. Nobody cares good games like portaldark. He closed fcking a very good silkroad thread.(dimka`s) They looking for his money. Not much player playing silkroad cuz they cant find a server with 2-3k ppl. so they wont plaaying with 50-100ppl. Maybea suggestion they can make a pool for weekly best server and stick that on all silkriad sections. but they wont make a good clean to advertising section. silkroad die yes but psro not die yet. if die cuz of this site..
We don't get paid for moderating.
PortalDark closed the thread probably because its breaks the rules that mentioned in the sticked thread.(not just he wanted to close it so he did)
Regarding the suggestion good if it would be in one thread but we still need a way for voting in that poll, because after making it everyone will simply multiaccount and vote for his/her private server.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/28/2013, 00:54   #32

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,412
Threads in advertising section should be approved by mods just like the threads in hacks/release section.

P.S: Creationist, you probably mean well, but please less attention whoreness, thanks.
Old 11/28/2013, 01:13   #33

Received Thanks: 6,289

Don't waste your time, my topic is there for over a year and admins give a ****. Mods cant do anything.
Old 11/28/2013, 01:26   #34

The only thing that could work is that every thread needs approval.
About servers closing 3 days after opening... If the owner of the server can't spell "weapon" or can't make a decent thread, it's going to fail for sure.
Old 11/28/2013, 01:28   #35

@Synx
20 posts dont make a different !
Old 11/28/2013, 02:13   #36

elite*gold: 273
Received Thanks: 2,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
Who of them are the girls? Lets make some lesbian movies for the sake of swsro o.O

OT: Thats a good idea Creationist and dimkabebe is absolutely right. just to be not that offtopic
Congratulations.. You've crossed the silkroad4arab level of choosing font type/size

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartic View Post
The only thing that could work is that every thread needs approval.
About servers closing 3 days after opening... If the owner of the server can't spell "weapon" or can't make a decent thread, it's going to fail for sure.
Man.. It has a good result .. Why everyone's looking in the dark side? less private server = bringing back the faith of sro.. (wait, **** sro) just in case accediantily haxor/portal though I will say fuck, it's 4 stars..
Old 11/28/2013, 02:31   #37

elite*gold: 19
Admins want money. Let's make this money based.. a good server WILL need to invest money anyways, so why not invest in advertisement.

Advertisment topics should cost 15$. Simple as that. You gotta pay in elite coins. This means that you need to be old enough to use the payment methods provided here. Most kids will not be able to do that. => OUT!

Admins would put an effort to do this.. why? Cuz they get fcking payed.

Anyways who wants to create a COMPETITIVE server which is actually good will somehow get those 15$. If not.. too bad!
Thanks
3 Users
Old 11/28/2013, 02:52   #38

elite*gold: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalblades View Post
Admins want money. Let's make this money based.. a good server WILL need to invest money anyways, so why not invest in advertisement.

Advertisment topics should cost 15$. Simple as that. You gotta pay in elite coins. This means that you need to be old enough to use the payment methods provided here. Most kids will not be able to do that. => OUT!

Anyways who wants to create a COMPETITIVE server which is actually good will somehow get those 15$. If not.. too bad!
Would be better than the server spamming.
Old 11/28/2013, 03:35   #39
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,469
****, I hate to work late

anyway
Advertising section is for now, the only reason SRO section is "active"
the mere idea of removing it is not a wise one

as for moderated section, the section is moderated, threads need to be approved

However, the moderation filter is easy to bypass(i wont tell the requirements to fall under that category)
Ill have the admins notified over this issue right now, as it is really annoying to see good threads being flagged as "moderated" and some ****** ones bypassing the filter
Old 11/28/2013, 04:19   #40

elite*gold: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortalDark View Post
****, I hate to work late

anyway
Advertising section is for now, the only reason SRO section is "active"
the mere idea of removing it is not a wise one

as for moderated section, the section is moderated, threads need to be approved

However, the moderation filter is easy to bypass(i wont tell the requirements to fall under that category)
Ill have the admins notified over this issue right now, as it is really annoying to see good threads being flagged as "moderated" and some ****** ones bypassing the filter
I would totally agree with you if you want the sro 'activity' to be about flame, hate and cyber warfare (love that word).

How about making a minimum post length for every thread at least 800 words?

That way the "filter" can remove the spam where people try to bypass it by writing words with 1 letter (in order to bypass the filter) AND players can actually see more about the server. The people that don't speak english properly cant create a good server anyways. Those are the people that cant write 800 words either. Let the dumbfucks grow some dicks this way.

OR just make me a mod and i ban the **** outta the mofos, esspecially those layer and quenth online dudes that keep copying the **** out of my thread to be able to look like they speak english.

Oh and one thing, remove this 3day rule... It's impossible to advertise for a server that would get 1.5k players+ with 1 week of pre-advertisment or at least do this for some kinda payment. Allow people to post their topics 7 days in advance for 10$ or whatever.

3 days is pretty much nothing.
Old 11/28/2013, 08:37   #41

Paying for advertisement sounds better actually.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 11/28/2013, 10:02   #42

Received Thanks: 6,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalblades View Post

I would usually not agree, but seeing the amount of moderation activity required to keep the section under control, I see it as a valid option.

If someone who starts a server don't want to spend a mere 15$ for advertise his server, means the server has kinda bad future.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 11/28/2013, 10:16   #43

Received Thanks: 3,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedNite View Post
Threads in advertising section should be approved by mods just like the threads in hacks/release section.

P.S: Creationist, you probably mean well, but please less attention whoreness, thanks.
no problem, and nah, just trying to get everyone's opinions w/o the flaming + **** posts
Old 11/28/2013, 10:32   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creationist View Post
no problem, and nah, just trying to get everyone's opinions w/o the flaming + **** posts
I don't want to sound mean or something but you just try WAY TOO HARD when it's not going to happen...you just got your Guardian position...I mean you know...
Old 11/28/2013, 10:34   #45

Received Thanks: 3,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedNite View Post
I don't want to sound mean or something but you just try WAY TOO HARD when it's not going to happen...you just got your Guardian position...I mean you know...
Yeah, I understand that, but people need to know that every post I make isn't a desperate attempt to reach moderator - Some of my daily posts are in the off-topic section, and other sections. I only post in the SRO section when I report bad advertisement threads, or start a conversation (as so). Some people take me way too seriously, when really, I spend a lot more average time daily doing important things in my life, rather than browsing elitepvpers

EDIT: and with haxor being newly appointed, I instantly knew it increased my waiting time by at least 6-7 months. I've gone past the point of caring how long it's going to take, to just casually browsing + helping when I can.