Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 22:48

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

My thoughts on esro.

Discussion on My thoughts on esro. within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Closed Thread

Old 07/28/2009, 22:44   #16

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,609
Well the last time I saw esro they had a coder named npcdoom that was quite good.

But only packets like skills, stall etc. are the easiest part. I don't even think it's 30 or 40%

The fact is it will not run so good when everyone is using same stuff over and over again, overloading timers, giving errors, crashing server and all..
Now when isro changed all packets, esro will work a little bit longer =]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowfyr View Post
don't blame epvp if it's fake, we allowed them to name it elite sro, but it was never an official project because they also decided to setup their own forums for that pserver.
I do believe most people knew that esro is not epvp to blame.
Then again epvp is just a community with lots of people and a really messed up silkroad section xD lmao
Old 07/28/2009, 22:46   #17

They are not fake. Windrius that left their team told me it is not and I belive him. + Eckoro have a lot of packets research that are very hard to find if you don't know how to decode them (and even if you know). If it was a fake I don't see the point of finding,reading and understanding theese packets. I don't understand why this thread is still opened.
@urmomzzz - I readed your post now - if you think they are not trying to do it @ 100% then you are wrong.
Old 07/28/2009, 23:04   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davincibg View Post
@urmomzzz - I readed your post now - if you think they are not trying to do it @ 100% then you are wrong.
I'm not saying they're not trying 100%. I'm saying they are just dodging the stuff they can't make. Any other reason why nothing is 100%? It's because everything has something hard, and they aren't that good coding. I'm not a coder, but I doubt they can do a private server out of the original, even though it's already made by someone else (Joymax), it takes years of experience to make something like this. And obviously, most of them just graduated or are still in college, at least it's one of they're excuses for the process to be slow.

For elite pvpers admins, I think this never had to do anything with this forum, 1 month after the beggining of the project, no one here talked **** 'bout them... So, I guess no one else here cares that much.

If you're doing a private server, the best proof you got is actually OPENING THE *** **** SERVER. You have no proofs until you do soo.

BTW: In case the server ACTUALLY opens, I'm the first to congratulate them. If it opens. I'm not saying they won't make it, I'm saying they don't have enough proofs, and they are just throwing sand to our eyes. Too much talk, and no server...
Old 07/28/2009, 23:09   #19

elite*gold: 0
I don't see the point of this thread. There are no ESRO attention whores that pops up every week or so touting their server. All you ever see on the subject are threads saying "when is ESRO going to be finished? Whether it's real or not is not debatable here. What is real is someone is working on that project. ESRO has it's own forum to discuss that. It's up to Eckoro if he wants to post news about it here.

What most people don't realize is the amount of work involved with sorting out all the packets between the servers and clients. Finding the relevant packets for each action in Silkroad ( walking, firing buffs, firing imbues, picking up gold, equipping gear, etc...) is very time consuming. Try doing this with 3000 other players doing things that create more packet traffic with your client. (global chats, pm's, guild chats, monsters targeting you, players targeting you, etc...)

Quit thinking that because something isn't done in "your" time frame, it's fake.
Let them do their job and they will give you the news in their time.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 07/28/2009, 23:15   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Chernobyl View Post
I don't see the point of this thread. There are no ESRO attention whores that pops up every week or so touting their server. All you ever see on the subject are threads saying "when is ESRO going to be finished? Whether it's real or not is not debatable here. What is real is someone is working on that project. ESRO has it's own forum to discuss that. It's up to Eckoro if he wants to post news about it here.
I agree with the second part of the post (which isn't in the quote)... But... Problem is, if this were posted in their forum, it wouldn't be locked... it would be deleted. Same happened to my thread some time ago, deleted 5 minutes after post, lol. That's why it's pointless. And anyways, their entire community is here too, lol
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/28/2009, 23:16   #21

Dude I'm not that good at coding (yet) but atm the only thing that stops me from begining to code an emu again is the lack of decoded packets. If I had the packets decoded, and a decent item and skill db I could make at least (in the worst case) a decent pvp server with 100% of all skills working. The only hard thing I see in coding the emu under C++ enviroment is that the server needs timers or query based timing that is a lot of coding. I hope and I belive that Npcdoom is much better than me and have much better ideas about how to finish everything. Anyway atm Lyzerq is coding his emulator so I hope that by the end of the year we will see a nice Emu-based server.
Old 07/28/2009, 23:22   #22

Quote:
Dude I'm not that good at coding (yet) but atm the only thing that stops me from begining to code an emu again is the lack of decoded packets. If I had the packets decoded, and a decent item and skill db I could make at least (in the worst case) a decent pvp server with 100% of all skills working. The only hard thing I see in coding the emu under C++ enviroment is that the server needs timers or query based timing that is a lot of coding. I hope and I belive that Npcdoom is much better than me and have much better ideas about how to finish everything. Anyway atm Lyzerq is coding his emulator so I hope that by the end of the year we will see a nice Emu-based server.
That's what I'm talking about. It doesn't matter who does it, it matters if it is done, because all the Silkroad Community will win. I don't care if it's Lizerq, eSRO, whoever it is, if it's done, the whole community gets better. In case eSRO does it, we get new server(s). In case Lyzerq does it, we get a new, and working emu. I can only see advantages...
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/28/2009, 23:25   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmomzzz View Post
That's what I'm talking about. It doesn't matter who does it, it matters if it is done, because all the Silkroad Community will win. I don't care if it's Lizerq, eSRO, whoever it is, if it's done, the whole community gets better. In case eSRO does it, we get new server(s). In case Lyzerq does it, we get a new, and working emu. I can only see advantages...
You will get a server not the emu

-no. Lyzerq is hard working guy that deserves a lot of respect from everybody here. I don't think he should release the files after he had done so much work alone.

@-Chernobyl - it's not Eckoro's emu lol
Old 07/28/2009, 23:26   #24

Quote:
You will get a server not the emu
I think Lyzerq said he would release the server files D: maybe I'm mistaken
Old 07/28/2009, 23:29   #25

Lyzerq has already said he won't release the EMU. I'm not sure what Eckoro was going to do with his, but I recall he wasn't going to release it either.
Old 07/28/2009, 23:31   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Chernobyl View Post
Lyzerq has already said he won't release the EMU. I'm not sure what Eckoro was going to do with his, but I recall he wasn't going to release it either.
Hm, ok, I thought I saw something that said Lyzerq would release them But anyways, we should get a couple new servers with working features, that would be awesome... And if they grow enough, we might get even more... which is even better :P
Old 07/28/2009, 23:49   #27

Very interesting thread, but in my opinion completely pointless...
I just know esro is real cause I have actually seen the emu working (played on a test server running the emu a while ago), but no matter how much I tell ppl, there will always be disbelievers...
Actually no one here but esro admins and coders can proof this project is real/fake
You may wonder, then why don't they do that? Cause not everything should be made public... I know its real and the public will know if they wait long enough
So why this discussion? If you really want to know wether its fake or not I'd suggest you just wait and see for yourself.
Imo this thread will only bring forth flamming...

Anyway, that was about all I had to say...
Thanks
3 Users
Old 07/29/2009, 00:31   #28

Received Thanks: 2,814
Esro is real.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/29/2009, 00:50   #29

I would like to comment one of posts above (or below, according to your settings). It was development related; that person asked why progress looks like this:
Code:
First            50%
Second           80%
Third            30%
Fourth          100%
I have quoted that person's post, so you don't have to search for it.

Quote:
"Let's start off with something. Skills. Ok, now that they are finished 100%, lets go for Party. 100%, moving on...". I think this method is way better, and probably more reliable.
There are few reasons why is development focusing on different goals in same time:
  1. Multiple developers. Each works on something else, so multiple, different things are implemented in same time
  2. Complexity of development. Since developing real, working and easy extensible server emulator is not easy thing that can be done in few weeks, developers might suspend some parts and work on other, until they get ideas how to improve their previous object of interest. Also, some parts can not be developed without another parts.
  3. Missing information. Of course. Working on emulator for game that keeps changing (at least, this updated changed packet identifiers) requires lot of basework and analysis. Some data can not be analysed without backwards testing (implementing things into emulator and observing clients behaviour).

Also, packet analysis is not everything. Game itself must be analysed. It is nice to build server around packet handling, without any core. It is nice to make single-layer server, that will query database server on every change, like SRElite C# emulator does.
    However, we are getting again to main development mistakes. We were speaking about game analysis - there are many things in this game. From CTF event to fortress. And also things like this must be analysed. Nice to know how fortress registration packet looks, but it is useless without thinking about fortress process itself.

Quote:
I heard the "closed beta" would start in the beggining of Summers. We're half of the summer break, and still, no news. Lol.
It is nice that we thought that closed beta will be around beginning of summer.

We also thought that closed beta will begin around beginning of January 2009. I remember JMerlin talking about his superb-server vision. What happened? He started to work on open source emulator and no one contributed into it; for many people it was end of term and they had to hard work to fix their grades (sounds like lame excuse). So JMerlin stopped working on this, leaving hopes of many people to die. It is not like I am accusing him of anything, but that is what happened.

Going back to past, we thought that someone will make use of leaked jsro server files. Our wishes ended up in vain.

It is half of summer. And so what? Developers are also people, like you. If you think that it is taking too long, feel free to contribute. Learn how to code properly and join project. Pay actual developers with experience in this field but be ready to pay a lot (single SQL expert can cost you more than 100 euro/hour). Oh, you do not want? What a pity.

Quote:
Oh, not to mention, the "beta testers" we're handpicked, not by if they helped the project or not. It wask kind of a surprise when I visited the forums and I saw one of those beta testers had 4 posts. I lol'd so much xD
Some people do not have to talk to be good. Usually those who talk too much are stupid as baboon.

Quote:
Honestly, if you want to make a private server, at least give decent proves of it.
And what exactly do you consider "decent prove"? Does video proof anything? It does not; it could have been filmed on another server. Does screenshot prove anything? It is same as video.

Does inviting some people to testing prove anything? It does not. They will be accused of lying and faking.

Just remember one thing. All these projects are community projects. People involved in them might look professional, but they are not. Experienced professionals would not waste time on server emulation; they would be employed in well paying company, working on some game or w/e.

Edit: I am sorry for my english; I know it is bad. Whatever.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/29/2009, 01:02   #30

Emulators take awhile... Ocean is using server files to run his server so of course it was up first, he didnt have to do a *** dam thing except restore the database, modify some IPs, and run the server files.

With the emulator they have to capture the packets and analyze them, and then code them with C++ or w.e they are using into the server.... it takes awhile especially if u only have the small amount of people esro does
Closed Thread