Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 16:01

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Discussion] Stolen models??

Discussion on [Discussion] Stolen models?? within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 273
Received Thanks: 2,428
[Discussion] Stolen models??

Hello

Today, when I was on deviantart, I saw a wallpaper of Dekaron
Comparing to this huge sword, It's 90% same as d13 2h-sword of silkraod online.

I don't know exactly who actually steals but, it's kinda weird.
If anyone was playing Dekaron *active*, would tell us when they had updated with this weird weapon?

Also, if it was on that way, will other mmorpg games steal from silkroad or the opposite?
Old 07/09/2013, 08:17   #2

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,152
If it would have the same Texture and the same Model, then it would be stolen if Joymax never asked the other Company to use any of their Game Assets.

Not to mention there are a lot of Games that uses other Models from other Games but they didn't stole these, they asked if they could use these in exchange of one of their Models.

Clearly example is this.

That's FFXIV (Also a MMORPG as well) and they use the Model Parts like Hairs / Clothes, Weapons from previous Games. The Reason why they took those Model Parts :

The FFXIII (Final Fantasy XIII / XIII-2 / Lightning Returns : Final Fantasy XIII) Team just took the FFXIV Model of an Character and Lightning in that Picture uses the Clothes.

The Team from FFXIV (Final Fantasy 14) didn't noticed that the other Team just have taken the Model of one of their Characters and in exchange for that they received the Model of an Character from FFXIII.

That's how it works. Normally if you take Models from other Games and the Company from that Game notices it, you get in troubles if you sell those/use these in your own Game. The same goes for Designs as well =P
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/09/2013, 11:21   #3

It just looks similar, I don't really think it's stolen. But, of course, there is a possibility that it has been stolen.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/09/2013, 11:28   #4

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 3,766
They probably used the outline of dekaron's shape for the main design, but I highly doubt that it's copied, joymax wouldn't risk a lawsuit on their *****
Thanks
4 Users
Old 07/09/2013, 14:26   #5

Received Thanks: 2,010
There is of course a difference between two games in the same setting (final fantasy, those models are just a part of the FF world, not to say they're published by the same publisher, I don't think they're going to sue themselves), but these weapons are just in a poster, it's not necessarily stolen, and even if they have an ingame model that looks exactly the same, they're not gonna get sued unless they actually ported the model completely over
Old 07/09/2013, 14:29   #6

It's just weird, the models are 90% the same, SRO is more professionally-textured only.
Old 07/09/2013, 15:04   #7

What I can show you is this.

Joymax made an Avatar to this one. Not sure if they have completely stolen that Design or if they had the approval for that one.

This is from Diablo ^^
Old 07/09/2013, 15:07   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolill0 View Post
What I can show you is this.

Joymax made an Avatar to this one. Not sure if they have completely stolen that Design or if they had the approval for that one.

fvl steal.

Taking real-life style/getting inspired isn't the problem but, taking something from another mmorpg/rpg/dota/**** game, it's completely ****** up. That's how joymax reached the extreme failure point.
Old 07/09/2013, 15:09   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix 1337 View Post

fvl steal.

Taking real-life style/getting inspired isn't the problem but, taking something from another mmorpg/rpg/dota/**** game, it's completely ****** up. That's how joymax reached the extreme failure point.
Not sure if they got inspired by that one. Spartans always had those Clothes.

Well I doubt Joymax asked Blizzard to use their Design xD
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/09/2013, 15:14   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolill0 View Post
Not sure if they got inspired by that one. Spartans always had those Clothes.

Well I doubt Joymax asked Blizzard to use their Design xD
Tones of ***** are already "inspred OR/AND stolen" ..
Old 07/09/2013, 15:16   #11
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix 1337 View Post
Tones of ***** are already "inspred OR/AND stolen" ..

call heaven, the design is stolen
Thanks
4 Users
Old 07/09/2013, 16:13   #12

elite*gold: 38
I dont think they steal anything, maybe they got the same idea to design, i mean they won't check every game if they got some similar weapons to their design
Old 07/09/2013, 16:20   #13

Stolen? Oh c'mon!

You think a company like Joymax would steal? They're probably using the same assets/models as some other games, see it as Unity Model Sharing, maybe they used something like that.

If not, it's probably inspired, stealing it would cause them law trouble and a lawsuit, I don't think Joymax likes wasting money on that.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/09/2013, 17:27   #14

See? A camel from ****** />

SEE?ANOTHER CAMEL FROM REAL LIFE.
SUE REAL LIFE
Old 07/09/2013, 18:13   #15

I hope Joymax doesn't add an Apple product in the game.