Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 12:54

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Discussion] Stolen models??

Discussion on [Discussion] Stolen models?? within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 07/09/2013, 19:14   #16

elite*gold: 0
This must have been one of the most (excuse me) stupidiest threads i've ever seen here on elitepvpers besides those "Plz help make serwlar go me teamvewer" .

It's like "Oh here's a game with a Desert Eagle modeled gun in it they stole it from this game because it also has a Desert Eagle modeled gun in it.

It's a freaking sword with some differences in the textures, nothing else.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 07/09/2013, 20:57   #17

Agreed with previous. Taking files from a game and using them in your own is stealing. Designing something that looks like it is not. Otherwise almost anything would be stolen, entire silkroad would be stolen from chinese culture.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/10/2013, 17:28   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrytje View Post
Agreed with previous. Taking files from a game and using them in your own is stealing. Designing something that looks like it is not. Otherwise almost anything would be stolen, entire silkroad would be stolen from chinese culture.
Okay,I'm going to take a non-free software,decompile it and re-write it with "almost" the same code,then say "Hey,I didn't steal that,I wrote it even though it looks just like the original".

Riping-off ideas from Competitors is considered stealing too,no excuses.
Old 07/10/2013, 17:33   #19

Received Thanks: 2,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicanoo View Post
Okay,I'm going to take a non-free software,decompile it and re-write it with "almost" the same code,then say "Hey,I didn't steal that,I wrote it even though it looks just like the original".

that's a really complicated issue with software engineering, you can't really copyright ideas, if we would allow this there would be no progress whatsoever, though I agree that obviously ripping off stuff is not exactly positive
Old 07/10/2013, 17:34   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicanoo View Post

software and designs are completely different, designing is based on imagination and inspiration where software and programming use strict patterns.
Thanks
2 Users