Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 14:44

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Challenge in the gameplay.

Discussion on Challenge in the gameplay. within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 2,330
Challenge in the gameplay.

Hello.

I've been running my server since 2010 and I've always been following player psychology and basically "what he wants to have in a server" and the as further time goes as more I see stuff like "We want free everything".
At very beginning of vsro files leak (september of 2011) my server had like 40x rates and everyone was happy, because like "whoah, server files, one of the first servers with server files!",
Later some crappy pvp servers came out with rates like 999x, people got "infected" by the feel of super high rates and they kinda liked more servers which give them all they want instead of servers, where you have to reach something to be strong.
Basically I follow people in SRO scene, I visit a lot of server threads in elitepvpers. They are still doing that, they want to have everything and they usually jump over the servers, because servers, which give everything to players instantly, usually die.
And well I thought later, that they are doing that because these servers do not have any donation options, I mean, even server which is not pay2win and it has donations, it obviously looks worse compared to which even hasn't got that option. It has some sense, but I still don't get it, because well in most of server silk items are trade-able and you can find a lot of them in stalls (ofcourse if server is populated enough).

So basically my question would be :
Why do players choose server where you basically have less goals to make over the challenging servers?

I have a lot of options in my mind, but let's just discuss, I want your honest opinions.

Cheers,
dimkacool.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 06/09/2013, 07:19   #2

elite*gold: 38
Why should people waste so much time for the same things on a different server with less population?Would you join in a server with 50x rates or a server with 100x rates when the rest is the same, nowadays nobody is grinding anymore on low rates, that's why the most people doesn't care about low rates or high rates, if they are higher you reach it faster and don't waste so much time on botting.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/09/2013, 07:20   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veteran1337 View Post
Why should people waste so much time for the same things on a different server with less population?Would you join in a server with 50x rates or a server with 100x rates when the rest is the same, nowadays nobody is grinding anymore on low rates, that's why the most people doesn't care about low rates or high rates, if they are higher you reach it faster and don't waste so much time on botting.
Rates are not the thing I'm talking about, actually.
Old 06/09/2013, 07:22   #4

Thats the people you dont want on your server because they wont bring you any profits, what you want is the rich attentionwhores...
Start off with a low capped server, update it every now and then
This gives all these whores a chance to become the best with bling bling (Yes its only the next update that matters, not how new the updates are.)
Giving free **** is just the easiest method to attract low aged players / poor ***** who cannot donate, but these people wants attention too deep inside. there are more methods than giving free ****
The higher caps is just an illusion of something better, its just animations, extra waste of time.
cya dawg ~~~~
Thanks
3 Users
Old 06/09/2013, 09:37   #5

well first its not a " server " problems , i mean its not the server fault that players leave it after getting everything , the players became noobs , they want everything and if u made a server with low rates etc they always saying ( fail rates - play joymax better ) and with high rates they also saying ( 2 days server and its boring )
so for me i like the low rates server ( classic ) just like zszc with old system , hard rates no eu simple gameplay and alot of players , so now u have problem if u gonna make hard rate server , if u can't bring alot of players of the beginning the players will say its boring we botting/making plus / blues etc for nothing , so u must bring alot of players when u start it , just like server called " ***Sro " its a turkish server , today its 1001/1000 but its so hard to play in turkish server ..
so my answer is : private servers makes alot of players ( NOOBS ) looking for everything for free , and when they get it , they just leave and search for another servers ( if the server not closed already )
sorry for my bad english
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/09/2013, 10:50   #6

Well yeah, player amount is always important for having fun, but you can't start with a lot of players.
I saw some servers were getting pretty much players at start, but they've got DDoSed and that was the end for them.
Anyways, discussion still continues, I love your opinions
Old 06/09/2013, 11:00   #7

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimkacool View Post
Hello.

I've been running my server since 2010 and I've always been following player psychology and basically "what he wants to have in a server" and the as further time goes as more I see stuff like "We want free everything".
At very beginning of vsro files leak (september of 2011) my server had like 40x rates and everyone was happy, because like "whoah, server files, one of the first servers with server files!",
Later some crappy pvp servers came out with rates like 999x, people got "infected" by the feel of super high rates and they kinda liked more servers which give them all they want instead of servers, where you have to reach something to be strong.
Basically I follow people in SRO scene, I visit a lot of server threads in elitepvpers. They are still doing that, they want to have everything and they usually jump over the servers, because servers, which give everything to players instantly, usually die.
And well I thought later, that they are doing that because these servers do not have any donation options, I mean, even server which is not pay2win and it has donations, it obviously looks worse compared to which even hasn't got that option. It has some sense, but I still don't get it, because well in most of server silk items are trade-able and you can find a lot of them in stalls (ofcourse if server is populated enough).

So basically my question would be :
Why do players choose server where you basically have less goals to make over the challenging servers?

I have a lot of options in my mind, but let's just discuss, I want your honest opinions.

Cheers,
dimkacool.

It wouldn't come this far if epvp had strict rules for advertising, not just providing a back link on their websites.
Old 06/09/2013, 11:02   #8

Received Thanks: 1,047
Get stuff fast, put no effort into getting it, bot all day long, thats what this community is all about. Yet theyre so **** hypocritical whining how servers even with high amount of "players" are dead even though theyre botting themselves.

Theres no saving, nothing you can do that will unite everyone in a single pserver.

The "old times" didnt go away, the community went to ****.
Old 06/09/2013, 11:05   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedNite View Post
It wouldn't come this far if epvp had strict rules for advertising, not just providing a back link on their websites.
SRO Scene is not only about elitepvpers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qynchou View Post
Get stuff fast, put no effort into getting it, bot all day long, thats what this community is all about. Yet theyre so **** hypocritical whining how servers even with high amount of "players" are dead even though theyre botting themselves.

Theres no saving, nothing you can do that will unite everyone in a single pserver.

The "old times" didnt go away, the community went to ****.
Gotta agree, I wonder if there is anything we can do about it.
Old 06/09/2013, 11:10   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimkacool View Post
SRO Scene is not only about elitepvpers.
at this point epvpers advertises pservers alot, and it's their fault for not having better rules, that's how the community got infected, every egy small son opens d25 999999999999 silk and +1337 items servers.
Old 06/09/2013, 11:14   #11

Quote:
at this point epvpers advertises pservers alot, and it's their fault for not having better rules, that's how the community got infected, every egy small son opens d25 999999999999 silk and +1337 items servers.
And people join them. And I thought HoN community was **** (even though difference being I like it).
Old 06/09/2013, 11:18   #12

Quote:
And people join them. And I thought HoN community was **** (even though difference being I like it).
you can't compare a MOBA game community with SRO
Old 06/09/2013, 11:20   #13

We soon will be able to. LOL.
Old 06/09/2013, 11:21   #14

Quote:
We soon will be able to. LOL.
well maybe, but that's the natural course of a f2p game
Old 06/09/2013, 11:40   #15

Quote:
Well yeah, I think advertising section should be moderated more.